Become a Patron!

Trident Citrus

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got my flavour order from Fusion Flavours, so naturally I had to make my first shake n vape!

Here's what I made!

Citrus Mix:
Nicotine base (VG) 0.6
Citrus Mix (TFA) (PG) 0.5
Koolada 10% (PG) 0.03(couple of drops, number might be off)
Cotton Candy (TFA) (PG) 0.03 (couple of drops, number might be off)
VG 6.42
PG 2.42

Notes: Tastes like that Trident Citrus gum, but I think maybe only a drop of Cotton Candy might be better or cut it out totally. I'll try it on my next mix.

If I can perfect this, it will be my ADV. As it is; it very well could be!

This mix cost me about what? A dime or so? If that?

Note: Flavouring could be bumped up a bit more, at least in my opinion. A little bolder and it would be perfect.

Last edited:

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If anyone has any advice, or tips; please feel free! Input is always welcome! :)

I'm just excited and wanted to share my first mix! :D

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't have tfa citrus to comment. Just keep tinkering and you'll get it where you want it. Congrats on your first success!!

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't have tfa citrus to comment. Just keep tinkering and you'll get it where you want it. Congrats on your first success!!

Thank you! I've got about 5ml's left of my first batch, I'm chuckin' enormous clouds and loving it!

I may have my first ADV! :D

Bugley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you like anise you could try a drop to give an extra dimension to your flavour, it works well with citrus especially if you keep it low so it doesn't over power, you should taste it on the exhale. Give it a try:)

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you like anise you could try a drop to give an extra dimension to your flavour, it works well with citrus especially if you keep it low so it doesn't over power, you should taste it on the exhale. Give it a try:)

Thanks, @Bugley. I've never tried anise, at least I don't believe I have. But I shall give it a go, I'll put it on my next order!

I made up 50ml's of my Citrus Cool. Here's my recipe for it.

7% Citrus Punch (TFA)
1% Kool Effects (FW)
1% Cotton Candy (LOR)

I made some at 5%, 1%, 1% for my first recipe and it was pretty good.

The flavour is there, but I would like to make it a little bolder. Anyone know what I could add to it, to make the citrus pop more or perhaps sweeten it a bit more, but not overwhelm it?

@Huckleberried , @HeadInClouds or @wllmc ?

I was thinking of switching to FA flavours for my mixes.

Thoughts anyone?

Note: I was also thinking of making other mixes, with this as a main; by adding bilberry, strawberry, other citrus to enhance the pre-existing flavours, etc.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe try Marshmallow as a sweetener instead of Cotton Candy?
Might blend nicer with the fruits since it has more of a 'plain' flavor then Cotton Candy.

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe try Marshmallow as a sweetener instead of Cotton Candy?
Might blend nicer with the fruits since it has more of a 'plain' flavor then Cotton Candy.

Thanks for the advice, I think that would be a good option to try out! I was thinking Marshmellow, Coconut/Candy or some such thing; but wasn't too sure on what I should get.

I'll give the marshmellow a try, any specific brand that you would suggest?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I personally find Citrus Punch to be very strong. I don't know that I'd be much help here, I keep it at 1%, LOL.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
7% Citrus Punch (TFA)
1% Kool Effects (FW)
1% Cotton Candy (LOR)
The flavour is there, but I would like to make it a little bolder. Anyone know what I could add to it, to make the citrus pop more or perhaps sweeten it a bit more, but not overwhelm it?

2 years ago I used to vape TFA Citrus Punch ("Mtn Dew type") at 12-15%. True story! Over time, I guess a combination of returning taste buds, better nic, and more powerful hardware have made it taste MUCH stronger to me. I still like it with TFA Hpno; that was always plenty sweet for me.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the advice, I think that would be a good option to try out! I was thinking Marshmellow, Coconut/Candy or some such thing; but wasn't too sure on what I should get.

I'll give the marshmellow a try, any specific brand that you would suggest?
Your cotton candy is likely detracting from the flavor you're after from the citrus punch. Cotton candy is ethyl maltol (EM), and it does tend to mute other flavors. As @zaroba suggested, marshmallow is a good sweetener and also FA pear. I would suggest the pear to sweeten a fruit type mix. ;)

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
2 years ago I used to vape TFA Citrus Punch ("Mtn Dew type") at 12-15%. True story! Over time, I guess a combination of returning taste buds, better nic, and more powerful hardware have made it taste MUCH stronger to me. I still like it with TFA Hpno; that was always plenty sweet for me.

Hmm, wow! Sounds intense! I was thinking of making a stronger flavour base, just to try out. I would like a bolder taste out of it, however I am reluctant to waste precious flavouring. :p

I'm using a Sigelei 150w, with a FreeMax Starre Atty; runs on two 18650's. Also using the DVC Kanthals.

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your cotton candy is likely detracting from the flavor you're after from the citrus punch. Cotton candy is ethyl maltol (EM), and it does tend to mute other flavors. As @zaroba suggested, marshmallow is a good sweetener and also FA pear. I would suggest the pear to sweeten a fruit type mix. ;)

Hmm, that makes sense. I have read that EM can mute flavours, I'll make a batch without it and give that a go; perhaps we'll see what will come out of it!

FA Marshmellow is on my list, however it is out of stock for a week from www.diy-ejuice.com

Should I wait the week, before placing my order? Or is there another brand up to the task?

Also, any other flavour to make the citrus pop more? How was Hypno, for you @HeadInClouds ? Think it would jam well with my Trident Citrus mix?

Thanks for all the help guys & gal! It is greatly appreciated! :D

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was going to strongly suggest that you check into ECig Express or Bull City Vapor, but I see you're in Canada and shipping would likely cost more than the order....:eek:...and I was gonna suggest this thread, http://vapingunderground.com/threads/diy-in-canada-where-do-i-go.151290/, but I see you've already been there. Lol!

I placed an order with www.diy-ejuice.com last night, Kelly was awesome to deal with and I shall write up a review once I have received my package.

Here is what I have ordered, thus far;

Items Ordered: Price: Status:
$0.99 Shipped
$0.89 Shipped
$0.89 Shipped
$5.95 Shipped
$1.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$2.95 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$13.95 Shipped

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really like TFA Hpno - it'll make it grapefruit-y and I'll bet sweeter.

I'll be sure to add it to my next order (sometime next week).

PS-I just went on www.diy-ejuice.com and Amanda messaged me asking if I needed any help, I didn't but I messaged her; telling her how impressed I am with both her and Kelly. They're very accommodating and extremely helpful.

I plan on doing a review on their services, as well as the products that I have ordered. So far, they have been quite excellent! :D

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I placed an order with www.diy-ejuice.com last night, Kelly was awesome to deal with and I shall write up a review once I have received my package.

$0.99 Shipped
$0.89 Shipped
$0.89 Shipped
$5.95 Shipped
$1.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$2.95 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$13.95 Shipped

You should check out the prices at Bullcityvapors.com .

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll be sure to add it to my next order (sometime next week).

PS-I just went on www.diy-ejuice.com and Amanda messaged me asking if I needed any help, I didn't but I messaged her; telling her how impressed I am with both her and Kelly. They're very accommodating and extremely helpful.

I plan on doing a review on their services, as well as the products that I have ordered. So far, they have been quite excellent! :D
'

$0.99 Shipped
$0.89 Shipped
$0.89 Shipped
$5.95 Shipped
$1.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$2.95 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$13.95 Shipped

Ignore that message...I see you are from Canada :) I have a tendency of opening my mouth and insert my foot.... slowly hopping away on one leg ;)

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found myself getting excited as I read through your lis, HH, as I'm sure others did as well. Enjoy it; the early experiments, the hits and misses, outta the park home runs, embrace it all and enjoy the ride, DIY is a genuinely rewarding personal, endeavor.

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
'

Ignore that message...I see you are from Canada :) I have a tendency of opening my mouth and insert my foot.... slowly hopping away on one leg ;)

They were one of the first, that I checked out and I messaged them; they said that they don't ship to Canada!

Hahaha no worries, thanks for the recommendation though! :D

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I found myself getting excited as I read through your lis, HH, as I'm sure others did as well. Enjoy it; the early experiments, the hits and misses, outta the park home runs, embrace it all and enjoy the ride, DIY is a genuinely rewarding personal, endeavor.

I'd like to think it's a good start, I tend to enjoy citrusy/fruity types of vapes (even though my DIY was the FIRST citrus one I have tried; I always thought that they would be delicious!).

I ordered some things to sweeten up my vapes, give a little more vapor and just some to add (like the marshmellow, sweet cream and vanilla) to change up my vapes a little.

Try new things, yah know? :)

Oh I will enjoy it and am enjoying it! I love DIY, so this was a must for me!

I hope that I'll be able to make some AWESOME vapes and share them, with you all.

Like I said before; I haven't even touched my store bought vapes, since I started making my own! :p I got like $200 of juice sitting, which is pretty unheard of for me! :D

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
PS-The TFA/TPA flavours I ordered, were only because www.diy-ejuice.com didn't have the FA ones in stock until later this week.

I couldn't wait that long to make an order! :p

PS-How does one multi-quote on this forum? I have yet to figure that out!

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Click "Reply" to whoever..... type your reply..... click "Reply" to whoever... type your reply... etc...etc... Click "Post Reply".

Thank you! It's a lot different than other forums that I frequent!

I thought that also..those prices are high! But reading through the thread I see that @HeavyHauler is in Canada and I think I read somewhere on a forum that they don't deliver to Canada.

You're correct, they do not.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Click "Reply" to whoever..... type your reply..... click "Reply" to whoever... type your reply... etc...etc... Click "Post Reply".

Yep/ Also, if you highlight any portion of posted text, a 'Quote Me?' box will pop up.If you click on it. then a coupla more, they'll all be waiting for you when you arrive at the Reply area.

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep/ Also, if you highlight any portion of posted text, a 'Quote Me?' box will pop up.If you click on it. then a coupla more, they'll all be waiting for you when you arrive at the Reply area.

Fuckin' wicked! Thanks Sail!

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Cool....I wasn't aware of that nifty feature. Thanks!

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok guys, my order came in!

So I was thinking of trying this;

2.5% Citrus Mix (FA)
1% Kool Effects (FW)
1% Marshmellow (TFA)
1% DX Sweet Cream (TFA)
0.5-1% Vanilla Tahity (FA)

Should that give me a creamy cool citrus mix? Or should I adjust my numbers a bit?

@HeadInClouds , @Huckleberried , @Teresa P , @SailCat , @zaroba ; how's it look, any thoughts?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm assuming the FW "kool effects" is the equivalent of TFA koolada? If it is and it's as potent, one or two drops per 10ml is a good starting point. But I've never used that one, not sure if it's the same. Everything else sounds pretty good though!

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm assuming the FW "kool effects" is the equivalent of TFA koolada? If it is and it's as potent, one or two drops per 10ml is a good starting point. But I've never used that one, not sure if it's the same. Everything else sounds pretty good though!

It is, yes.

Two drops, seem to do the trick.

1% = 0.1ml on my calculator, would that equal to about a drop?

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alrighty, it's a decent shake 'n vape; lots of cream, slight citrus flavour. Going to bump to 3-3.5% Citrus Mix (Sicilian Mix).

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some droppers put out more than others. The round, fat tips put out approximately .2 grams and the longer, skinny tips closer to .1 per drop. "Drops" aren't the most accurate weighing system for that reason.

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some droppers put out more than others. The round, fat tips put out approximately .2 grams and the longer, skinny tips closer to .1 per drop. "Drops" aren't the most accurate weighing system for that reason.

Ok, that makes sense. My little 3ml bottles got them round, fat tips; the other bottles have the thing, drip tips.

Oh, I know they're not; but I don't really see the point of weighing/measuring out a drop or two. But maybe I should.

I do have a scale with an accuracy to 0.01

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just what you need....do you have a good juice calculator? I use ejuicemeup for Windows, free download from Breaktru.com. some like the one from ELR. Of course there are others used by different members here that they're very satisfied with.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

$0.99 Shipped
$0.89 Shipped
$0.89 Shipped
$5.95 Shipped
$1.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$2.95 Shipped
$4.45 Shipped
$13.95 Shipped
forest fruit and mandarin are 2 of my fav's. add a bit of fa fresh cream or hangson cream. adv for me

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just what you need....do you have a good juice calculator? I use ejuicemeup for Windows, free download from Breaktru.com. some like the one from ELR. Of course there are others used by different members here that they're very satisfied with.

I've been using the steam engine one.

I'll check out the one that you have mentioned though. Thanks!

VU Sponsors