Become a Patron!

Trinity Glass exploded!

hawkwind5usa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Installed my Trinity Glass cap on my Goon 22. As I was rolling the mod around in my hand admiring how good looking it was with the glass cap the cap popped with shards of glass falling off. Heartbreak city ! The orings, in my opinion, didn't seem tight because I was able to rotate the cap to line up the airflow with the coil. Contacted the manufacturer via email to see how they will handle the situation.

Attachments

• 20200801_103043.jpg
    20200801_103043.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 20200801_103123.jpg
    20200801_103123.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I liked that same cap for the 2 minutes I owned it before it just did the same thing.

Worst part was when I messaged them about it ...nothing but crickets.

So I just did a charge back and got my money and said to myself, “fuck any company that doesn’t respond to CS issues”

I put that same design cap (black) on their RDA and it just broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Interesting issue and I would check it for roundness with a Caliper.

hawkwind5usa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, I didn't want to slam em' too bad, but this is the 3rd cap of 4 that broke. One was my fault for letting the mech mod tip over causing it to break. The 2nd one did the same thing as this one, exploded! They didn't offer a replacement then, probably because I owned it for 3 months. I'm on my last one.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
From what you said just installing the glass and admiring it then it cracked sounds like it wasn't round and cracked due to uneven pressure. Just a thought.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
geez this is some serious scary...
blowen glass.jpg
am just GLAD you were not wounded when it blew...

hawkwind5usa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what you said just installing the glass and admiring it then it cracked sounds like it wasn't round and cracked due to uneven pressure. Just a thought.
The cracks are inline with the airfow slot edges. I think this is creating a stress point in the glass. Never had a glass tube on a RTA pop the glass after assembly( knock on wood).

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And that looks like it is Thick Glass which you would think is strong. Also could be poorly manufactured glass.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I had one shatter in my hand when I was trying to get it off my B2K.

I figured it was because the cap wasn't quite big enough for the deck, but truthfully, it was ordered as a B2K cap. Should have been the right size.

It vaped great and I've thought about ordering another one, but after reading this thread, I won't.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It was scary. It was a loud pop and then l had chunks of broken glass in my hand. I was like WTF!?

When glass fractures, the cracks travel at speeds between 1 and 3 thousand MPH. Much faster than bullets. No fun near faces or hands.

It sounds like the glass being used is a borosilicate, that is either improperly tempered, or not tempered at all. The tempering process eliminates the stresses in glass that has been heated and formed. There is a photographic method, Photoelasticity, that will make visible uneven residual stresses in glass. tempering the glass evens out the internal stresses.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When glass fractures, the cracks travel at speeds between 1 and 3 thousand MPH. Much faster than bullets. No fun near faces or hands.

It sounds like the glass being used is a borosilicate, that is either improperly tempered, or not tempered at all. The tempering process eliminates the stresses in glass that has been heated and formed. There is a photographic method, Photoelasticity, that will make visible uneven residual stresses in glass. tempering the glass evens out the internal stresses.

That's why you need to make sure to buy from the right brand. Trinity Glass Hardware (also know as Trinity Glass Tanks, which was established locally in Orange County, CA, in 2012) uses only the highest quality (medical grade) pyrex glass material made in the Czech republic, whereas Trinity Glass Vape is an inferior brand trying to trick people into believing that it is the same quality.

VU Sponsors