Become a Patron!

Triplets: Tracy Morgan Will Join Arnold Schwarzenegger, Danny DeVito in Twins Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
A sequel to the 1988 comedy Twins is officially a go, with Tracy Morgan set to join Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito as the pair's third brother, per Deadline. Triplets is currently being shopped in the Toronto Film Festival market, with the production sending out a reel of the three actors to potential buyers. The production is aiming to begin filming in January 2022, with director Ivan Reitman also set to return to the director's chair.

"I haven’t directed in a couple years, but Arnold kept saying, 'C’mon, we had such a great time,'" Reitman said. "I had a great time doing the first one, and this is going to be fun.”

Triplets will reportedly follow Schwarzenegger and DeVito's Benedict brothers as they come into contact with a long lost brother played by Morgan.

The original Twins was an impressive commercial success for Universal when it released in theaters in 1988. The film grossed $216 million worldwide against a reported production budget of $18 million. A sequel has been in the works for nearly a decade, with reports of Eddie Murphy's attachment to the project emerging in 2012.

Reitman confirmed that Murphy was a large factor in the sequel's conception, though the director assured that Morgan will be a fantastic replacement.

"This whole thing started with Arnold meeting Eddie Murphy, and the suggestion came from one of them,” Reitman said. "We started a script with Eddie, and after the success he had with Amazon Prime on Coming 2 America, he got himself booked up heavily. And we knew we were going to make it at the beginning of next year. I’d been good friends with Tracy Morgan for a long time and always thought he was one of the funniest men in the world. I thought he would make a terrific triplet, and we rewrote the whole script for him."

For more on Twins and twins in general, check out how DeVito and Schwarzenegger stack up in our rundown of the best movie twins of all time.

J. Kim Murphy is a freelance entertainment writer.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors