Become a Patron!

"Truth" Campaign to Kids: Better to Smoke 19 Cigarettes than to Vape One Juul Pod

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Good god - after reading that article, I was watching TY and the first ad? Vaping a Juul is like smoking 20 cigarettes!" brought to you by Truth.org

:facepalm:

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Dr. Siegel is making a mistake. Yes, an average cigarette contains about 12 mg of nic, but roughly 90% of that is not delivered to the smoker because it's destroyed by combustion or escapes as side-stream smoke. Vapes do not suffer from this inefficiency.

Having experimented with a Juul a few years ago, I'm inclined to believe the company's claim that a single pod delivers nicotine equivalent to a pack of smokes. But so what? If someone has no nicotine tolerance, they're going to get a good buzz from a single puff and nic-sic after a few; they simply aren't going to vape up an entire pod in a short period of time, just like no nicotine neophyte is going to chain-smoke an entire pack of cigs.

And of course they're all ignoring the fact that vaping rather than smoking avoids the carbon monoxide and "tar" that's inevitably present in smoke, meaning in the end, it's better to vape an entire Juul pod than smoke a single cigarette.

VU Sponsors