Become a Patron!

twisted

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi all, names justin from indian river county florida. I just realized I never made a new member post. I have been part of this group for about 1 month. I started vaping and quit smoking about 3 months ago. When I decided to quit I did a ton or research into vaping, which lead me here alot. Which helped me get my first setup a istick 30 watt and subtank mini. And from the moment I took the first hit I was hooked. Took the rest of my cigarettes in my truck and gave them to my wife. Which I have tried to get her to vape and quit but it just doesn't do it for her. Not yet at least she will when the time is ready. But so I got my first setup was happy for some time then I upgraded and upgraded got mechs, tanks, rdas, and got into building coils and diy juice. I was also lucky enough to find this group of awesome helpful people. Figured everytime I googled something it lead me here so might as well join. I have had alot of help here. Most of all from teresa p who sent me a very nice care pack when I got into diy juice. Which I can't thank her enough. But any way that's my vaping story. It's been a very awesome hobby that I am in love with.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great to have you here Twisted, Sounds like you learned quick and are enjoying the different options vaping has to offer. Hopefully your wife sees how much better vaping is VS smoking and picks it up too:)

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys. I'm just going to give her alittle more time. When she's ready and wants to, I will give her one of my old setups. When you want to quit it's really easy when vaping.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
yes, you are right, and sometimes, depending on the person, the more you want and push the harder it is..
let her enjoy it with you, by just watching the changes going on with yourself ;)
think of it as tempting her without doing anything :p

and umm belated Hi! welcome to VU, please enjoy your stay.. the coffee can be found in @Whiskey 's thread :p

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks smoky, and thank you for all the recipes and diy info you have posted. I have read alot of it.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks smoky, and thank you for all the recipes and diy info you have posted. I have read alot of it.

aww.. You welcome, Twisted.. hope you found something good to vape, in all that :D lol..
You have me laughing now :)

Sterno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
welcome twisted in a newbie :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome to the Underground!

Don't push the Mrs. (Duhh) and just set a good example for her.

When the the time comes, just hand her some great gear, and tasty E-Liquid with a 18 or 24 nic level and stand back!

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea it will happen sooner or later. Not going to push her. but when the time is right, I know she can quit.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every time you hit on one of your mixes, just lean back and smile and say "Mmmmm MMMMM!! That's so good! Here, Honey, try this...." :D:D

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have, she tries hitting it and coughs like crazy. I know when I first started vaping I had a cough for the first couple days.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happened to me too, and also to all the work buds who have started. That made a couple of them quit, unfortunately. I dunno if it's where we try to hit it like we did cigarettes (and it is different), or if it's that "something different" hitting our lungs, but it does make the newbies cough until they get adjusted. I adjusted pretty well once I figured out how my body was gonna react, but if someone doesn't genuinely want to quit smoking, the cough is the only reason they need not to. She'll come around one day. You're a good influence on her. :)

VU Sponsors