Become a Patron!

Two Cakes

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a nice moist and fluffy cake mix. Each cake has what the other one lacks and none of the flavors overwhelm in this mix. After a 5 day steep I'm loving it. Just a nice mellow cake flavor.
Nonna's Cake(FA) 1.5%
Lemon Cake(INW) 1.5%
Marzipan(FA) 1.5%
Custard(FA) 1.5%
(I mix 30/70vg-2mg)
images

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks good....I'm going to give this a try when I get some Lemon and Nonna's cake. I have a large wish list of stuff set up at BCV waiting for them to get the Nonna's Cake in stock.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a nice moist and fluffy cake mix. Each cake has what the other one lacks and none of the flavors overwhelm in this mix. After a 5 day steep I'm loving it. Just a nice mellow cake flavor.
Nonna's Cake(FA) 1.5%
Lemon Cake(INW) 1.5%
Marzipan(FA) 1.5%
Custard(FA) 1.5%
(I mix 30/70vg-2mg)
images
Nice, I was wondering if those 2 cakes would make a good blend. Go Squonk!! Love FA Custard and marzipan also!!

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess I don't gave a choice but to get nonnas cake. I hope bull city gets in 6 months.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow Thanks Squonk for the share this looks like a must, can't wait to try it. I have all but the INW lemon cake:cool:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is a nice moist and fluffy cake mix.

Jeez!

The least you could have done was to find some unwitting, but kindly, sap to try this recipe out before posting it! :D

Ron
---
“And our credo: “Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.” We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words.” – Morticia Addams

bigliu518

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just mixed! Gonna wait the 5days! Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
:cheers:HI THIS RECIPE I HEARD ABOUT..LOOKING TO TRY THE NEW LEMON CAKE..SPECIALLY WITH NONNA FLAVOR....SOUNDS GREAT
Nonna's Cake(FA) 1.5%
Lemon Cake(INW) 1.5%
Marzipan(FA) 1.5%
Custard(FA) 1.5%
(I mix 30/70vg-2mg)
images
is

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Better is in the eye of the beholder. Nonna FA is still new. So people are still playing around with it. For me I like it because I have it in my stash. I've tried to order others but either it wasn't in stock or comes with other chemicals that I am personally trying to avoid ( spelling error. Diactyle).

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
NONNA's isn't really a cake flavor. It is more of a rich ricotta custard baked in a pie crust with a hint of lemon peel imo. It is a great addition to bakery items imo., however if you are looking for a cake flavor, this is not really it.

Pretty good description, I dont get lemon at all myself but it is very much like a crusty custard tart. People saying it was like a custard victoria sponge baffled me when trying it. So far (ironically like the lemon cake which I much prefer tho) Im finding this after a while an over hyped flavour. Its ok(ish) standalone but very hit n miss in mixes Im finding personally. Thought this would be great in bakeries and is working in some, but I dont know what its clashing with, but found in quite a few bakery mixes its turned the whole crusty/dought/cakey element of mixes really funky, so far not as versatile to use as Id hoped. Found a few new FA flavours hard to use. Monsoon I love on its own....but it hasnt really worked in anything so far. Most success I have had is with aurora, anybody that likes the HIC Lemon Parfait, try subbing lemon for aurora, I really like it like that (upped percentages a tad myself on everything too)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wilbo, tell me about the taste of Aurora and monsoon in your opinion taste wise. I have been eying the aurora. I was hoping storm would be for me since I love clove, but it's too tabaccoey, dark? I really like the Nonna in bakery, not great stand alone, but used in low % it gives a custard pastry feel. Too much and it's too/I'll say ricottaish, since that was how I heard it described.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wilbo, tell me about the taste of Aurora and monsoon in your opinion taste wise. I have been eying the aurora. I was hoping storm would be for me since I love clove, but it's too tabaccoey, dark? I really like the Nonna in bakery, not great stand alone, but used in low % it gives a custard pastry feel. Too much and it's too/I'll say ricottaish, since that was how I heard it described.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/fa-emotions-flavour-range.182490/#post-889002

this thread was when I first tried them, Monsoon Ive since realised the gummy type taste I got from it was the effect of the vanilla cake element, which seems to get lost in mixes a lot.

Monsoon I would recommend trying as a good standalone, Aurora I prob wouldnt recommend, its easy to use though

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nonna's Cake(FA) 1.5%
Lemon Cake(INW) 1.5%
Marzipan(FA) 1.5%
Custard(FA) 1.5%
(I mix 30/70vg-2mg)
images
I added 2.5% FA Forest Fruit and .5% FA Fresh cream and it's very tasty.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is on day 2 of steeping, still I snuck a taste and found it a pleasant flavor. Waiting, :wait:oh waiting:xD: for day 5 to get here! In the meantime I took half the mix and mixed it with half a of an inw rhubarb concoction, which had a lot of FA Custard, some pie, some cream, and orange and man it's so good. Just .25% inw rhubarb is a nice tart addition. I guess what I'm saying these four flavors are also a great base to add too. :thanks: Squonk!! Loving the inw lemon cake with that touch of rhubarb!:vino:

VU Sponsors