Become a Patron!

U.S. Navy bans e-cigarettes on all vessels, aircraft

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess they better ban cell phones too

“This new policy is in response to continued reports of explosions of ENDS (Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems) due to the overheating of lithium-ion batteries,” the Navy said in a press release. “Multiple sailors have suffered serious injuries from these devices, to include first- and second-degree burns and facial disfigurement. In these cases, injuries resulted from battery explosions during ENDS use, charging, replacement, or inadvertent contact with a metal object while transporting.”

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so you can be trusted with one of the biggest weapons around, but not a battery..yeah I'm buying that.....not.

VaporCat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read another article on this at slashdot.org, and after reading through some of the comments, I realize now just how much we are hated. The amount of misinformation, misconceptions and outright lies regarding vaping is both staggering and depressing. The general public sees us as nicotine addicts no better than smokers, and our vaping hardware as cheap and dangerous. Most are unable to make the distinction between steam and smoke. At least here I can gain information from those who know better, and are sympathetic to each others plight as ex-smokers. As per the Navy, I think that anyone who puts their life on the line for our country should be able to indulge in a little comfort and relaxation when appropriate. Banning vaping will only cause increased return to smoking.

Vape on.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Betting most of this is due to " inadvertent contact with a metal object while transporting.”

VU Sponsors