Become a Patron!

UD Athlon 25

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Check out the new tank by UD. It's called the Athlon 25. I'll know more about it in a few days. Should have one by the end of the week.
3fa43324ef57ad3f334302ede26243ca.jpg
ac8726297c9368ef503e6698385b9abb.jpg

Athlon 25 specs:
Dia: 25mm
Height: 40.5 exclude Drip Tip & 510
Liquid Capacity: 4ml
Food Grade Stainless Steel & organic cotton coil material
Plug-pull style coil installation
Good vapor production, flavor and no-leak with Top Target airflow

Package included:
1* Athlon 25 (0.15ohm Dual Spiral Octuple Coil)
1* Velocity Deck
1* Allen Wrench
1* Accessory Kit
1* User Manual
1* Extra glass tube

http://www.yourcig.com/product/athlon-25-mini-tank.html

Last edited:

Xtaci

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That build deck is a no go... That airflow tho

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It sounds interesting Jack, but I'm a little leary of that build deck. It looks awful small to me. Will that cause a problem for new builders? I do like the principle of the top airflow, now whether it actually works as advertised...;)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It sounds interesting Jack, but I'm a little leary of that build deck. It looks awful small to me. Will that cause a problem for new builders? I do like the principle of the top airflow, now whether it actually works as advertised...;)
Don't know I'll have more to say about it after today. Waiting on the DHL guy. Lol.

Last edited:

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did you receive it yet?
I'm very curious if this one is better than the OBS engine.....also if it comes with a single coil plug.....let me know your findings when you get it plz!

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If it's only top airflow...I will skip it.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you receive it yet?
I'm very curious if this one is better than the OBS engine.....also if it comes with a single coil plug.....let me know your findings when you get it plz!
Lol, I was supposed to get it Weds. US customs in their infinite wisdom decided to ship it from my home state of NY to their hub in Cincinnati. Smfh. As of 7 am this morning it's back in NY. So I should get it late today or Monday at the latest. Sorry for the delay guys, it's beyond my control. As soon as I get it I'll post some pics and do a little quick view here.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Tha Maganus Cloud Blaster works on the same principle as this-where the air comes in the top, then flows downward thru a double wall configuration in the chimney to the bottom of the deck, then back thru the coils and up the center of the chimney.

I have no idea if it's more than a gimmick, but Twisted420 did a review on the Cloud Blaster and raved about how good the flavor was and he was blowing some serious clouds with it as well.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Tha Maganus Cloud Blaster works on the same principle as this-where the air comes in the top, then flows downward thru a double wall configuration in the chimney to the bottom of the deck, then back thru the coils and up the center of the chimney.

I have no idea if it's more than a gimmick, but Twisted420 did a review on the Cloud Blaster and raved about how good the flavor was and he was blowing some serious clouds with it as well.
Yeah Cloud Blaster is a legit tank with good flavor. Here's my take on it.

Vapeston Maganus Cloud Blaster
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/323062/

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Deucesjack :any updates on this? How does it vape?.....worthy replacement for the OBS engine (if you have one)? (I need a top air RTA, but the OBS has not made a fan of me yet, and Youde has yet to dissapointme with their atties :)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
pulled the trigger and ordered a normal one, the mini and the extension thingee......
I need a no leak top airflow RTA for when I am on the road, and sofar only had the OBS engine to meet the criteria, which is OK, but not great imo.
I'll let you guys know if I prefer this over the OBS engine ones it arrives in about a month LOL

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
pulled the trigger and ordered a normal one, the mini and the extension thingee......
I need a no leak top airflow RTA for when I am on the road, and sofar only had the OBS engine to meet the criteria, which is OK, but not great imo.
I'll let you guys know if I prefer this over the OBS engine ones it arrives in about a month LOL
Lol, definitely keep us posted. The Cleito EXO is another top airflow only no leak tank. Just got one a week or so ago so I'll be dropping a review soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol, definitely keep us posted. The Cleito EXO is another top airflow only no leak tank. Just got one a week or so ago so I'll be dropping a review soon.

Didn't know about the Cleito EXO, but it seems to have no RBA deck....and I'm not a huge fan of factory coils anymore :) But I'll certainly keep an eye out for your review!!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Didn't know about the Cleito EXO, but it seems to have no RBA deck....and I'm not a huge fan of factory coils anymore :) But I'll certainly keep an eye out for your review!!
Yep, me too. I prefer RTA’S.

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
just received mine and used the RBA in it. And I like it!
I prefer it over the OBS engine, mostly because it gives me better flavour and a smoother vape. It just vapes more the way I like.

For some there are a few cons compared to the OBS though:
- smaller build deck, but I don't mind as I don't use crazy coils, I mostly go with micro coils, right now I have 2*1,8ohm 28agw 3mm coils in it for a 0.9ohm vape at 19w, very nice!
- taller tank with a little less volume

Another thing I think is a shame: no single coil plug...but that was known before purchase thanks to @Deucesjack review.

Pro's:
- the topair done right...no more leaking, and decent airflow (perfect airflow for me (restricted lung hit)), but some would probably like more, so maybe conn/pro, but for me a pro)
- flexible: RBA and factory coils (haven't tried them yet)
- flexible: with the extender you can make this tank a big as you want, I also have the 2 ml variant comming in, so now I can make 2ml, 4ml or 6ml tanks, and if I buy more extenders, I could even go beyond that.....but it will make for a tall tank :)
- flavor and vape style: good flavor and a "restricted lung hit" vape, perfect for me! Not quite on the level of the Supreme (my favorite), but getting close

Here it is (in the middle) next to the OBS engine and the Supreme V2:

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
just received mine and used the RBA in it. And I like it!
I prefer it over the OBS engine, mostly because it gives me better flavour and a smoother vape. It just vapes more the way I like.

For some there are a few cons compared to the OBS though:
- smaller build deck, but I don't mind as I don't use crazy coils, I mostly go with micro coils, right now I have 2*1,8ohm 28agw 3mm coils in it for a 0.9ohm vape at 19w, very nice!
- taller tank with a little less volume

Another thing I think is a shame: no single coil plug...but that was known before purchase thanks to @Deucesjack review.

Pro's:
- the topair done right...no more leaking, and decent airflow (perfect airflow for me (restricted lung hit)), but some would probably like more, so maybe conn/pro, but for me a pro)
- flexible: RBA and factory coils (haven't tried them yet)
- flexible: with the extender you can make this tank a big as you want, I also have the 2 ml variant comming in, so now I can make 2ml, 4ml or 6ml tanks, and if I buy more extenders, I could even go beyond that.....but it will make for a tall tank :)
- flavor and vape style: good flavor and a "restricted lung hit" vape, perfect for me! Not quite on the level of the Supreme (my favorite), but getting close

Here it is (in the middle) next to the OBS engine and the Supreme V2:

Wow, that's interesting. Thanks for your thoughts. I always wanted an OBS tank but never pulled the trigger. Good to know the Athlon 25 is on par. I get great flavor as well but I have to say I prefer the factory coils. Love that the factory coils are SS as well.

Anyone know the glass tube size, I can not find replacement glass tubes for this unit. So if anyone has the dimensions that would be a great help.

Thanks

Last edited:

VU Sponsors