Become a Patron!

Uggggg

cordar

Member For 4 Years
Why does it seem like everytime i buy a tank mod combo, a month later i cant find any coils for it. All out of stock. These companies need to make a universal fit for all similar sized tanks. What do i do just pitch the tanks that i cant find coils for???? Ok im done ranting

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We have: it's called Nichrome, Kanthal & Stainless wire.

Until everyone abandons the stupidity of infinite-lightbulbs, we will continue to get products with infinite lightbulbs.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
These companies need to make a universal fit for all similar sized tanks.

Something like these which fit Smok Aro, TDux 1,2,3 and Kanger Pro-Tanks 1,2,3, Kanger Evod style tanks and various other different company's products?

kanger-protank-replacement-coils-a17648-750x930.jpg

Also in agreement with the below:

We have: it's called Nichrome, Kanthal & Stainless wire.

Spinning up basic coils isn't difficult to do and using what are called "macro" coils in RDA/RDTA/RBA is pretty simple and straight forward. Anything with an inner diameter of 2.50+ mm is what I believe most consider a macro coil and 2 to 0.5 mm inner diameter is micro coils. Like macro coils myself as arthritis, nerve issues foul with me having patience to use micro coils. A bit more bearable and easier to fidget with bigger coils. Added benefit, sub-ohming does well about 93 to 99 percent of the time for me.

You might want to use a guide like Steam Engine. It helps having a reference point to start getting a good idea and feel about what number of wraps gets what ohm rating. After a bit you gain a quick memory from experience to do by. Still suggest spot checking yourself with an ohm meter every so often, keep it random to keep your spinning coils honest. I usually aim for around 0.30 to 0.35 and get some what may read at 0.4. I'm still in the "safe range" I've figured out suits me, that's 0.30 to 0.50 ohms. I use that range of coils for both mechanical and regulated mods.

But also, you don't need to make your own coils. Yes, plenty of good reasons to do so. You can though keep using pre-made stuff. You'll be stuck with what you're given though. If you cannot get coils for whatever kind of tank, rda, well then you'll need to use another kind of tank or rda. Sorry but it's that simple really. You got to accept your choice and even know if you don't choose you still make a choice.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Why does it seem like everytime i buy a tank mod combo, a month later i cant find any coils for it. All out of stock. These companies need to make a universal fit for all similar sized tanks. What do i do just pitch the tanks that i cant find coils for???? Ok im done ranting

Want to tell us what coils you can't find? We have some link ninjas around here who might know where to get 'em!

You could also put a "Want to Buy" thread in the Trading Post. Maybe someone has some they'd sell.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If in the US buying factory coil tanks is not a good idea if you want to keep on vaping.

With that said why are not coils universal? Profit, vape companies make more profit from selling coils than they do selling the tanks.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This year has been bad for factory coils. I've found some killer deals in clearance sections but this is what's going on-

Firstly, it looked like buying and selling ecig related stuff was going to be illegal after May 11th. Stores don't want to stockpile things they're not allowed to sell. Luckily for us that date was pushed to September.

Around Chinese New Year, the virus started spreading rapidly. There's travel restrictions so stores are having a problem getting coils to sell. They're slowly trickling in at some site but demand is really high. People know to buy a lot if they want to keep using their tanks.

I love my subohm tanks. But I'm also not going to shit out of luck if I run out of factory coils. I buy RBAs for the tanks I like in addition to RTAs and RDAs. I use a bit of everything. Also, it's possible to rewick some factory coils if you know what you're doing.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
why are not coils universal? Profit, vape companies make more profit from selling coils than they do selling the tanks.

Yep, also why coil quality is not the best with factory produced coils. They turn out a run of 10,000 or so, if 200 are poor it doesn't matter. Sure they have quality control inspectors. Ultimately though that requires more capital overhead.

VU Sponsors