UK Government - Urged to Reconsider Position on Vaping

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
E-cigarettes can be key weapon against smoking, say MPs http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45212444

Group of MPs have filed a report requesting the government to consider relaxing the current rules in the country

This is a move away from the TPD legislation and a positive sign under Brexit for us in the UK

Hopefully we’ll see an end to the ludicrous 2ml capacity which hinders all retailers over here compared with thier foreign counterparts

In the report they call for:
■ greater freedom for industry to advertise e-cigarettes
■ relaxing of regulations and tax duties on e-cigarettes to reflect their relative health benefits
■ an annual review of the health effects of e-cigarettes, as well as heat-not-burn products
■ a debate on vaping in public spaces, such as on public transport and in offices
■ e-cigarettes licensed as medical devices
■ a rethink on limits on refill strengths and tank sizes
■ an end to the ban on snus - an oral tobacco product which is illegal in the UK under EU rules

Hopefully we can again be a world leader in the fight for tobacco cessation though I can see signs of tobacco and pharmaceutical companies wanting action in this report ...lets see how it plays out

VU Sponsors