Become a Patron!

UK Style Menthol Tobacco

phatbhoy

Member For 1 Year
Hi All,

Anyone have a decent UK style menthol tobacco. Been vaping and mixing for several years but have no clue when it comes to 'baccies, I mostly do fruits. My missus has been a dual user all this time, but with current circumstances, and the deteriorating condition of her lungs she now REALLY needs to get completely off the fags (approaching 60 with 30+years of baccy use). She is a damn fusspot though, and she has declined every one of my efforts saying that they taste nowt like a baccy (grrrrrrr), I am looking for something akin to the taste of a traditional British menthol baccy, even a decent approximation will do. Anyone have such a thing for sharing? Thanks in advance

Phattie

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oof. That’s a tough one. Not too many tobacco flavored Vapers here. And if we do, we tend to dessertify them. Lol. I know I do!

And UK style? What’s the difference between US and UK?

@Smoky Blue ? Have any menthol tobacco recipes?

The only other person that might have something is Fear on All The Flavors. He’s a great tobacco mixer, IMO. I’m not too big on tobacco flavors, but when in the mood, I will vape Cardinal(nice, rich tobacco).

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Found this. If you haven't seen it already, may give you a place to start.

https://vapester.co.uk/blog/best-menthol-eliquids/

I have some of Hangsen's Menthol Tobacco left from back before I was mixing my own. I smoked menthol cigs for a lot of years. I suppose the Hangsen was ok, but I haven't a clue about whether it's close to UK menthol tobacco.

phatbhoy

Member For 1 Year
Oof. That’s a tough one. Not too many tobacco flavored Vapers here. And if we do, we tend to dessertify them. Lol. I know I do!

And UK style? What’s the difference between US and UK?

@Smoky Blue ? Have any menthol tobacco recipes?

The only other person that might have something is Fear on All The Flavors. He’s a great tobacco mixer, IMO. I’m not too big on tobacco flavors, but when in the mood, I will vape Cardinal(nice, rich tobacco).

Hi gypsy, my thx for the reply,

as far as I can gather US tobacco is slightly toasted while UK isn't and the tobacco we are used to is smoother (blander?) then that used in the US.

I will give "Fear" a try and my thx for the suggestion.

Phattie

phatbhoy

Member For 1 Year
Found this. If you haven't seen it already, may give you a place to start.

https://vapester.co.uk/blog/best-menthol-eliquids/

I have some of Hangsen's Menthol Tobacco left from back before I was mixing my own. I smoked menthol cigs for a lot of years. I suppose the Hangsen was ok, but I haven't a clue about whether it's close to UK menthol tobacco.

Hi nada, and my thx for your suggestions.

As you say, it appears to be somewhere to start. I didn't know about Hansens concentrate so I will order it and give it a bash. As I mentioned in another post, I think UK tobacco is weaker and a bit blander than that common in the US.

You have at least given me a door to knock on so I will Hangsens a try.

Phattie

phatbhoy

Member For 1 Year
Flavorah's flavors are all that, especially the tobaccos.
Feel free to look thru mine if you want.. I have one called Winstin..
Add .12% ice flv and .4% cool menthol to that.. you should find it will work very good..

here is a link to my elr: https://e-liquid-recipes.com/?filter=28997

Winstin: https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1909634/Smoky Blue's Winstin Tobacco
Ordered the Flav's SB and will give your Winstin + cooling a go. Will feed back the results, and my thx for taking the time to reply.

Phattie

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Ordered the Flav's SB and will give your Winstin + cooling a go. Will feed back the results, and my thx for taking the time to reply.

Phattie

Let me know what you think of it once mixed.. make sure you give it a good steep.
It should settle right down in 7-14 days.. if it isn't right for you, let me know what you think needs changing.
I do not mind.. but tag me, I don't often get notices here. :)

VU Sponsors