Become a Patron!

UK surgeons want stricter regulation of e-cigarettes after spate of explosions injure users

VaporCat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The article would insinuate the injuries are the result of "malfunctioning gadgets", but then goes on to say that in three out of five incidents, the patient had the "device" in their trouser pocket (I keep a snake in mine) when the event occurred. What device would that be I wonder... a loose battery, perhaps? I'm just not convinced that theres some rampant quality control problem with currently available devices. In the other two instances, they don't really describe what happened other than "it blew up in his face", which could be any number of things, but likely all user preventable. The correct answer here would be education as opposed to regulation.

Photo caption: "A posed picture of a man smoking an e-cigarette."
No, its not smoke, so its not smoking. Got it? M'kay, great.

I am hereby calling for stricter regulations on poor journalism in order to preserve our sanity and give us all a little peace of mind.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Explosions are caused from one of four reasons 98%+ of the time:

1) The old Atlantis on the Hybrid top cap mech mistake
2) Loose battery in pocket or purse with change and/or keys
3) Charging an ego style device with the wrong charger
4) Thinking a 0.05 ohm coil is a great idea in a tube mech.

These are all forms of stupidity

Plus lithium ion batteries NEVER "just blow up"
They get very, very hot then thermal runaway occurs.

If you press the fucking button and the mod doesn't fire and you think that pressing the button longer and harder is going to magically fix it then you are stupid.

VU Sponsors