Become a Patron!

Ultroner Alieno Lite Review

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

Mod reviews should be quite straight forward. Does it feel good? Does it look good? Does it fall apart? Does it hit like it’s supposed to? So, let’s find out – the Ultroner Alieno lite, a single 18650, 70w mod that uses the Sevo-70 chipset.
DSC_0062.jpg
First impressions

My initial thoughts on opening the box are two things:

This looks high-end, black frosted body, metal battery tube, very simple and very nice.

Where is everything else? I have a mod, I have a manual – that’s it. Is there anything else that I need? I guess not, but I’m used to having multiple pouches fall on the floor whenever I open a box, so this is a new experience.

The mod
DSC_0026.jpg
This will probably divide a lot of people, but I really like screw in battery caps, yes, they take a little more time to open/close, but they give me a feeling of confidence – it’s not going to break after a month or two. This one is a little different than I’m used to though, instead of having a spring-loaded battery compartment, the battery cap has a screw which you tighten to make sure your battery has a nice snug fit.

The battery tube unscrews and is replaceable with either a knurled stainless steel or black perforated tube, these are additional purchases.
Capture.JPG
The body is ABS and feels sturdy while reasonably light, with a nice curved design coming in and around the battery tube, the one thing that concerned me is that the 510 is recessed on one side behind a small lip – this didn’t cause me any issues, however if you have an atomizer that widens from the base, or you have a very low air flow ring, it might be a problem.

This mod will fit up to 24mm atomizers, which considering that it’s a single 18650 mod makes this ideal for MTL and restricted single-coil DTL atomizers.

There are two fire buttons, one on each side – giving an alien eye look to the mod, hence the name Alieno. While the buttons have a nice feel to them, it would have been nice to have metal buttons – these are the only part of the mod that feels cheap.

The up/down buttons however are nowhere to be seen, until you turn the mod over and notice small rounded off metal buttons near the battery cap, they are on a slightly raised part of the base, so you’re not going to adjust the power by accident.
DSC_0030.jpg
Where’s the USB port? There isn’t one – this is a good thing for me, updates are rare and it removes the temptation to charge via USB.

Overall, it’s an interesting and attractive design, it feels nice in your hands and is well made.

Chipset

Firstly, this mod does have temp-control, however I am not a temp-control vaper and I won’t be attempting to judge how good this is. I’ll leave that up to the people who are into temp-control.

The SEVO-70 is a pretty basic chipset, you can scroll through wattage, bypass, and three temp control modes, you can rotate the screen, turn the screen off and access a basic power curve mode.

Comparing it to other mods that I’m using the ohms detected seem accurate, as does the power output.

For the last couple of weeks, I’ve been using it non-stop with every MTL and restricted DTL RTA/RDTA that I’ve got, and it’s performed flawlessly.

ProsDSC_0040.jpg

• High-end looks at a mainstream price.
  • Solidly built and lightweight.
  • Performs as expected.

Cons

• Your favorite atomizer might not fit.
  • Plastic fire buttons.
  • No USB port.

DSC_0043.jpg
Conclusion

For a single 18650 mod for low powered, 24mm and smaller atomizers, there isn’t much wrong with this.

An Aegis Solo is still going to be the sensible choice when it comes to a single 18650 mod, but this is a little different and very cool.

Disclaimer

The Alieno MOD was sent to me by Sourcemore, who provided me with the discount code ALIE – this will enable you to purchase the Alieno Mod for $41.69 rather than the regular $59.99.

VU Sponsors