VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article95759247.html

Lee’s research focuses on the popularity of e-cigarettes with young people. She says e-cigarettes are the most common nicotine product used among middle school and high school students. Advertising for e-cigarettes reaches 7 out of 10 teenagers, according to the CDC, and Lee says her research shows teens react positively to e-cigarette advertising. She and other public health experts like Goldstein want to know “how many kids who would have never smoked are smoking e-cigarettes?”

Lee says another draw for teens are the flavored liquids used in e-cigarettes. An FDA and NIH study showed that 70 to 80 percent of e-cigarette users prefer flavored liquids and that flavor was commonly cited as a reason for using e-cigarettes.

So what the fuck does this have to do with whether or not a Doctor should recommend vaping to an Adult Smoking patient or not? - 5150

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Beats the shit outta me. Vaping is the ONLY way I've ever been able to abstain from smoking... and my 16 yr old friend vapes for the same reason: to keep from smoking!

But you know public health -- heads so far up their asses, they need a plexiglass bellybutton to see where they're going. :facepalm:

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Beats the shit outta me. Vaping is the ONLY way I've ever been able to abstain from smoking... and my 16 yr old friend vapes for the same reason: to keep from smoking!

But you know public health -- heads so far up their asses, they need a plexiglass bellybutton to see where they're going. :facepalm:

Andria

Lee says another draw for teens are the flavored liquids used in e-cigarettes. An FDA and NIH study showed that 70 to 80 percent of e-cigarette users prefer flavored liquids and that flavor was commonly cited as a reason for using e-cigarettes.

Also, Who the fuck sells vapeable unflavored eliquid?
If the FDA and NIH study showed that 70 to 80 percent of e-cigarette users prefer flavored liquids then what the fuck were the other 20 to 30% vaping?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Also, Who the fuck sells vapeable unflavored eliquid?
If the FDA and NIH study showed that 70 to 80 percent of e-cigarette users prefer flavored liquids then what the fuck were the other 20 to 30% vaping?

Actually I've seen unflavored ejuice, in actual vaping strengths... MadVapes used to sell it, not sure if they still do. people say that vaping unflavored is as close as you can come to an actual cigarette taste, but I just can't see how that could be true.

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Actually I've seen unflavored ejuice, in actual vaping strengths... MadVapes used to sell it, not sure if they still do. people say that vaping unflavored is as close as you can come to an actual cigarette taste, but I just can't see how that could be true.

Andria

it just tastes like sticky sweet nothing.
I tried it and got a headache. :(

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What l concluded from this article:
-Goldstein doesn't know what he thinks/told to say. Certainly not consistent.
-Dr's are telling their patients to use vaping anyway. Why not come out and say so.
-Don't know why Lee is a part of this article. However she is and l will take her research seriously when l see it published in the Lancet.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm guessing my 85% Pg would taste somewhat medicinal... the smell of it reminds me of a doctor's office.

Andria
Not with your 20% flavourings haha. Unless your Dr's office smells of strawberry cream.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Halo, among others.

Taste is subjective. There's a lot of people who vape unflavored, either full-time or part-time. I'm in the latter camp, and when I use flavorings, it's in very small amounts.

What PG/VG ratio do you vape unflavored?
Do you just add a very small amount of flavoring to the unflavored juice?
Any flavor but that blah nothing flavor has to make it a lot better.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This article rates one of my
tumblr_mmlj57ssTA1re7arbo1_1280_zpsqnnvmuby.gif

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I'm guessing my 85% Pg would taste somewhat medicinal... the smell of it reminds me of a doctor's office.

Andria

I tried 80 VG unflavored.
VG is the sweet part.
PG smells like chemicals to me.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I tried 80 VG unflavored.
VG is the sweet part.
PG smells like chemicals to me.

Yeah exactly, like that "antiseptic" smell in a Dr's office -- that's exactly what I smell when I sniff the bottle.

Andria

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
0% flavouring is not readily available in the UK. I did a quick check online. You can get it in some places and they charge the same prices as flavoured - That's not on.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What PG/VG ratio do you vape unflavored?
Do you just add a very small amount of flavoring to the unflavored juice?
Any flavor but that blah nothing flavor has to make it a lot better.
I do 35/65 (PG/VG)

To me, unflavored IS a flavor. It doesn't taste particularly sweet to me, possibly due to the 1.5% nic I have in it (15 mg/ml).

I run bottom-fed mods exclusively. Most of them have unflavored in the bottle and get a few drops of flavored dripped in from the top when I feel like it. But one that gets used quite frequently has never seen any flavoring at all. A few do have flavored liquid in the bottle, but if it's vendor juice, it's cut 50/50 with unflavored, and if it's DIY it's generally less than 5% flavorings.

What works for me may not be what works for the next person. But I can assure you I'm by far not the only vaper who uses a lot of unflavored liquid.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I do 35/65 (PG/VG)

To me, unflavored IS a flavor. It doesn't taste particularly sweet to me, possibly due to the 1.5% nic I have in it (15 mg/ml).

I run bottom-fed mods exclusively. Most of them have unflavored in the bottle and get a few drops of flavored dripped in from the top when I feel like it. But one that gets used quite frequently has never seen any flavoring at all. A few do have flavored liquid in the bottle, but if it's vendor juice, it's cut 50/50 with unflavored, and if it's DIY it's generally less than 5% flavorings.

What works for me may not be what works for the next person. But I can assure you I'm by far not the only vaper who uses a lot of unflavored liquid.

True, but i doubt it's 30% of all vapers.
Maybe they counted tobacco and menthol as non flavored as well?

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's probably it - "do you prefer your vape pen to taste like tobacco, or do you like them flavored?"
Just seems like the kind of dix who'd be asking about "vape pens".
Probably did their scientific study in the parking lot of the gas station.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
blueCF4TC.jpg

I'd just love to ask one of those fucking morons if they really think this looks like a pen. :facepalm:

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Does anyone want to help me out in the comment section of this story (PLEASE:cry:)?

:bunny:

BTW: That Tom fella is a total genius, isn't he? :shades:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article95759247.html

Lee’s research focuses on the popularity of e-cigarettes with young people. She says e-cigarettes are the most common nicotine product used among middle school and high school students. Advertising for e-cigarettes reaches 7 out of 10 teenagers, according to the CDC, and Lee says her research shows teens react positively to e-cigarette advertising. She and other public health experts like Goldstein want to know “how many kids who would have never smoked are smoking e-cigarettes?”

So what the fuck does this have to do with whether or not a Doctor should recommend vaping to an Adult Smoking patient or not? - 5150
agreed...using the same logic,one could justify the banning of automobiles,because as a rule they are abused and misused by teenagers...or that all cars should be regulated by the goverment to not exceed 35 MPH because young men notoriously speed.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone want to help me out in the comment section of this story (PLEASE:cry:)?

:bunny:

BTW: That Tom fella is a total genius, isn't he? :shades:

I just did. So sad that there is so much ignorance about vaping, but we have the paid-off media to thank for that. :facepalm:

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
agreed...using the same logic,one could justify the banning of automobiles,because as a rule they are abused and misused by teenagers...or that all cars should be regulated by the goverment to not exceed 35 MPH because young men notoriously speed.

Using this articles logic one could justify banning automobiles because a fourteen year old kid may possibly steal the keys then take the car out and crash it even though it's against the law for a fourteen year old kid to drive.:facepalm:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Using this articles logic one could justify banning automobiles because a fourteen year old kid may possibly steal the keys then take the car out and crash it even though it's against the law for a fourteen year old kid to drive.:facepalm:

I just can't get over that idiot woman in the comments, wanting to ban vaping so that she's no longer subjected to "dangerous dragon smoke." :facepalm: People like that really need to be ejected from the planet, to spare the rest of mankind their stupidity, and protect the future genepool.

Andria

VU Sponsors