Become a Patron!

Under the Dome: "Alaska" Review

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Warning: Full spoilers for the episode follow...

(Note: Sorry for the lack of Dome review last week, those who care. Comic-Con was in full swing and it had to get skipped)

You know, it occurred to me this week that the new brainwashing shtick that's going on in Chester's Mill right now is pretty much exactly like every other poor decision-making mechanism that's plagued the characters, and the show, for two seasons now. I mean, what's the difference between Junior taking orders from Christine and Junior believing in all the wrong things he's believed over the past two years?

It's just that now everyone has an extra-terrestrial excuse for their bad, blind decisions. Almost every episode of this series has been about mob mentality and coercion, whether people were following crazy Big Jim or religion or science (I still miss "Science Girl") so nothing's really changed. So when Joe was confronting Junior and saying things like "This isn't you!" I was like "This is exactly him!" Because all Junior's done for two dozen or so episodes is act like an extremely malleable stubborn, nutso pinhead.

Continue reading…

Continue reading...

VU Sponsors