Become a Patron!

Unicorn 50 watt autofire

Inch44

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I bought a unicorn 50watt an was mad right from the start, I was told I was able to update the software to get 150 watt aparently that's a lie, now it was working fine And I have a dark horse rda on it and it was working good, well until it started auto firing and started fire I managed to take it off now I try and put it on again and it just confues to auto fire all the sudden

Inch44

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I fixed it by loosening the top of the box a little. But now when hit it it will go but as I'm hitting it will stop for a split second then keep going. Stop then keep going

Inch44

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anybody able to help I still couldn't figure it out, it still auto fires if I trie and out the rda on. Why is this unicorn 50 watt auto firing , I just bought it to it sucks I can't Vape at all

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I would NOT continue to use it until you have found the problem and corrected it! The first thing I would do is disable the touch sensor. Here is a review that talks about it auto-firing when the touch sensor is enabled. http://vapingcheap.com/unicorn-50w-mod-review/ ... If that doesn't fix it, the next thing to try is to clean the 510 connection on the Unicorn and the RDA. Make sure there is no juice down inside the well, or leaking from the RDA. It looks like the atty sits directly above the board, so if there is/was any leaking, it could have gotten into the electronics. If cleaning the connectors doesn't help, it looks like it would be easy enough to take it apart and check the internals. I would make sure that there is no juice or anything inside that is causing it to act up.

P.S. I don't own a Unicorn mod, but the pics on the net make it look easy enough to disassemble and clean.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I am betting it is the touch sensor as well.

I have an IPV that had the same issue after a bit of E-Liqid came in contact with it so I just disabled it and it has been fine ever sence.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Any luck figuring out the autofire problem?

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I bought a unicorn 50watt an was mad right from the start, I was told I was able to update the software to get 150 watt aparently that's a lie, now it was working fine And I have a dark horse rda on it and it was working good, well until it started auto firing and started fire I managed to take it off now I try and put it on again and it just confues to auto fire all the sudden
I didn't see anything with it being uprgradable but sometimes stuff gets missed off the info.

How old is it? I did not see the warranty info listed on the sites I looked at it on, but I would see about returning it for refund or exchange. Looks to be an ipv3 ripoff variation. If it is not the touch sensor like RJ mentioned I would stop using it until a replacement can be done.

Inch44

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes I returned it from the store I bought it from, the touch screen was not even enabled it was supposed to be enabled with the update but there was no update for it online lol. I gave it to them at the shop to check it out they couldn't figure it out so I returned it, I am just going to use my unregulated and buy something trusted like a sigelei 150 when I have enough---any suggestions on where to order a sigelei 150 at the store I go to they sell it for 155

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I returned it from the store I bought it from, the touch screen was not even enabled it was supposed to be enabled with the update but there was no update for it online lol. I gave it to them at the shop to check it out they couldn't figure it out so I returned it, I am just going to use my unregulated and buy something trusted like a sigelei 150 when I have enough---any suggestions on where to order a sigelei 150 at the store I go to they sell it for 155

Glad it all worked out for you hard to go wrong with the sig 150w
JJvapes.com has the sig 150 for 89.99 and free shipping on anything you buy. http://www.jjvapes.com/product-p/sgle150w.htm

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Feels weird, no reviews?
There are two reviews. I have ordered from them before and they are straight up but you can also shop around I just got an email for Vapor Tek for 94.99 with the code 5OFFNOW
Or Vape 101 probably has a good price as well. VapeNW also.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also to add about jjvapes last year around christmas they gave away about 20 sig 150's on vapers.tv and I guess ppl are just greedy with their reviews. If you do FB you can see they have 10k likes on their page and over 1k reviews on their page. https://www.facebook.com/jjvapes?fref=ts If I recall correctly I think they recently redid their website.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors