Become a Patron!

(Unofficial) Guide to the FDA Language

VHEcY03.jpg

Thought you guys might appreciate this... :teehee:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Definitely! Except, I don't think it's Big Tobacco that profits most from this shit; I think it's BP that will profit most -- because even though SOME vapers may return to smoking, I don't think that's most of them; I think a lot may vape 0mg while sticking those otherwise useless patches on themselves, or something like that.

I think BT and Big Taxman will see secondary benefits, from those who DO return to smoking, or those who never stop in the first place. All the while, Big Public Health is trying to shame them for smoking, after removing the most effective means of quitting.

Of course, the Big Disconnect between what they all SAY they want -- for everyone to quit smoking -- and what they REALLY want -- for no one to quit -- will cause yet more folks to need psychiatrists, who will of course prescribe SSRIs, to a round of applause and cha-ching fist-bumps from BP. :facepalm:

Andria

Even those that choose to stay with vaping will see a price increase, due to the FDA being able to tax the products so heavily under the "tobacco products" label... but you're right, it's a hugely contradictory subject surrounded by pseudo-science and scaremongering.

There will definitely be a lack of innovation and a slowing of the industry from this point - I just hope that the research on vapor that the FDA has promised to do (I think by 2020?) will actually be legitimate, unbiased, purely scientific research.

It just really sucks when most of this funding comes from biased sources, so I'm not keeping my fingers crossed...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Even those that choose to stay with vaping will see a price increase, due to the FDA being able to tax the products so heavily under the "tobacco products" label... but you're right, it's a hugely contradictory subject surrounded by pseudo-science and scaremongering.

There will definitely be a lack of innovation and a slowing of the industry from this point - I just hope that the research on vapor that the FDA has promised to do (I think by 2020?) will actually be legitimate, unbiased, purely scientific research.

It just really sucks when most of this funding comes from biased sources, so I'm not keeping my fingers crossed...

I don't think price increases are going to affect those of us who've stockpiled nicotine and PG/VG. I'm going to continue vaping just as I've been doing for 2.5yrs -- I started DIYing in 2014, once I saw what an astronomical profit margin the ejuice makers were enjoying, over the cost of the ingredients. Those who don't DIY... well, they can't say they weren't warned about this. It's hard to feel sympathy for those who REFUSE to do anything to help themselves.

The only ones I can really feel sorry for, are the smokers who haven't yet discovered vaping; if things remain as they are, likely they never will, or whatever version remains will be so tame and watered-down, it wouldn't help ANYONE quit cigarettes, so they'll just keep smoking... and dying... which will suit BP and BT and Big Gov't JUST FINE.

Andria

VU Sponsors