Become a Patron!

Unwell crown IV please help

Hi guys,
New to forum & looks like you guys are the people to ask
Ok, apologies for long thread but here goes:

1. Had 1st tank (Crown IV) for couple of years with no issues. Then big leaks through airflow at base
Replaced o-rings one by one and turned out cluprit was o-ring on the cap that unscrews to allow filling.

2. Ok I thought, so replaced that o-ring thinking fixed but after 3 days this replacement also goes . Seems to warp & then tear due to screwing/unscrewing of cap for filling.

3. Sod it I think & order a new crown (2nd). New crown arrives but is only 2/3ml so ordered chimney extension & bubble glass and we're good to go

4. So now let's take a chance (I think) as obtaining o-rings in uk is impossible and use the new tanks replacement o-ring in the old crown & have 2 units on the go (great for charging/coil burn/backup reasons) so fit it and now 2 units all good

5. Dammit, the o-ring in original unit warps & tears again

6. Order (3rd) Crown IV unit to just bin original & have 2 working units (it's currently on way.....)

7. The (2nd) o-ring warps

Can anyone help please and should I cancel my order?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a tough one only you can answer. But I would maybe looking into a different tank that doesn't have those issues. Maybe Google to see if that's a common problem. The falcon king tanks are great from what I hear.

That's a tough one only you can answer. But I would maybe looking into a different tank that doesn't have those issues. Maybe Google to see if that's a common problem. The falcon king tanks are great from what I hear.
Thanks for reply but surely this tank can't be that bad, there must be a resolution people?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're on tank number 3 and all have the same issues then it's probably a factory defect. If it was me I'd look into something else rather than spend money on a third tank that may or may not break. I've never had any issues with any rtas I own. You could check out the jackaroo tank. I got mine in the kit but it's really nice with really good flavor.

Not trying to dissuade you from trying to fix yours but how many more tanks are you going to have to buy just for the orings?

If you're on tank number 3 and all have the same issues then it's probably a factory defect. If it was me I'd look into something else rather than spend money on a third tank that may or may not break. I've never had any issues with any rtas I own. You could check out the jackaroo tank. I got mine in the kit but it's really nice with really good flavor.

Not trying to dissuade you from trying to fix yours but how many more tanks are you going to have to buy just for the orings?
Yea know what you mean but I guess like you all I have coils & reserves for his tank

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of juice are you using? Wonder if somehow it's deteriorating the orings after a while of use. I figure if some juices can crack plastic tanks why not distort an oring. Hmm

What kind of juice are you using? Wonder if somehow it's deteriorating the orings after a while of use. I figure if some juices can crack plastic tanks why not distort an oring. Hmm
Only effects the top o-ring tho, I'm guessing temp but only running at bout 45

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm stumped. Was hoping someone else that uses stock coils more would come save the day.
@Just Frank,

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Does the cap screw on? Or does it pivot or slide?

If it screws on, I think it's entirely possibly you are over-tightening it and stressing the o-ring by doing that.

Only thing I can think of.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not familiar with the crown 4. I have every other Crown and lots of other Uwell tanks. They usually work great for me. Time flies. I still consider the Crown 4 a new-ish tank.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Does the cap screw on? Or does it pivot or slide?

If it screws on, I think it's entirely possibly you are over-tightening it and stressing the o-ring by doing that.

Only thing I can think of.

Agree with this notion. May also suggest "lubing up" the o-ring/s with your juice a bit. That might help you find better "seating" with them ergo offset a desire of perceived need to tighten like a mama. Found that often a case when I still used clear-o-mizer style tanks and it carries over a bit using RDAs as well, in my experience. In the case of RDA though, it's more simply about fitting a top cap snugly, even if one can simply lift it up off a deck. "Lubing" can also help reduce friction, which in turn might help avoid warping, twisting, shearing of o-ring/s.

*goes now to retrieve his mind from some gutter*

Thanks for feedback guys, yea it's a twist cap but only 'open' or 'closed'
I also contacted Uwell who suggested to try a different Eli quiz which I didn't think was very helpful

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not familiar with the crown 4. I have every other Crown and lots of other Uwell tanks. They usually work great for me. Time flies. I still consider the Crown 4 a new-ish tank.

Do you know where to buy O Rings for the Nunchaku, Frank? I don’t want to need them and not have them. Thanks!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No pink lemonade / strawberry / orange

Have you tried another flavor? My Nunchaku tank started leaking for no reason, too. I love it but it’s gotten really messy.

I don’t vape fruit flavors, so I don’t know if it makes a difference, but it doesn’t hurt to try different juice and see.

I know it sucks when a tank leaks, though. So sorry about that.

Have you tried another flavor? My Nunchaku tank started leaking for no reason, too. I love it but it’s gotten really messy.

I don’t vape fruit flavors, so I don’t know if it makes a difference, but it doesn’t hurt to try different juice and see.

I know it sucks when a tank leaks, though. So sorry about that.
Yea cheers dude, it’s blummin annoying.

took me soooo long to find my favourite brand/flavour & worked great for at least 2 years so even more annoying if it’s down to the juice

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you know where to buy O Rings for the Nunchaku, Frank? I don’t want to need them and not have them. Thanks!
Just Fasttech. They have some plain black ones. I wish they had red or some other colors.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just Fasttech. They have some plain black ones. I wish they had red or some other colors.

Is there a standard size? Or are there basically one size that fits all? Sorry to bug you, JF. Enjoy your Friday night. My flavors just got delivered, so I was able to mix, which made me happy.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is there a standard size? Or are there basically one size that fits all?

You can get an assorted sizes box for relatively cheap.

I don’t vape fruit flavors, so I don’t know if it makes a difference,

Citrus flavors, spicy flavors that are astringent or nearly so can "crack" tanks and I guess would dissolve o-rings as well. If you ever crack a tank you know right away it's not a figurative expression. The astringent chemical in the juice saturates the poly-carbonate of the tank, can then chemically burn and fuse to metal. I did this once with an Innokin tank. You do crack them in trying to get them apart. Some flavors to avoid, citrus kind of fruits, cinnamon, cayenne.

Updated with a couple links. The first to ECF, a thread seeming to strive toward a robust listing of tank cracking juices. The second a link to an article which in its way says what I said here, citrus reacts with some plastics and causes chemical burning, bursting. This why when I did use tanks I swapped out quickly to Pyrex, or all metal tanks.

Using RDAs, I don't seem greatly concerned over it. Most use metal top caps or a better grade plastic, Ultem or Derlin. These plastics seem more resilient against citrus. Although as a "general rule" I don't vape a lot of citrus fruit flavors or colas. Mints could also crack tanks but again, using RDA I don't get too concerned. And no that's not me saying "nana na boo boo" to anyone using tanks. Merely saying I don't get lost concerning over tank crackers much any more. Relaying my experience/s.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is there a standard size? Or are there basically one size that fits all? Sorry to bug you, JF. Enjoy your Friday night. My flavors just got delivered, so I was able to mix, which made me happy.
Yeah the ones I mentioned are for the first Nunchaku tank. I'll post links below. I love getting new flavors!

Generic Fasttech o rings $1.64 -
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10058470/9679519-seal-rings-set-for-uwell-nunchaku-tank

Vapsoon brand o rings $1.46-
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10023038/9669085-authentic-vapesoon-seal-rings-set-for-uwell

Hope ya have a great weekend.

VU Sponsors