Become a Patron!

Update "Verified VU Member" status

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
+1
They said months ago they were working on it but I guess these things take time...

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Did this ideal just die?
Or was it going to be too hard to make the change?

L

Lighty269

I think it just died, this forum is written in PHP and would be easy to edit and add to the MYSQL database.

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm not really sure what the objective here is. Don't post counts, likes, and trophies earned kind of offer the distinction this thread is asking for? Or have I missed the finer points in my skimming to catch up?

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not really sure what the objective here is. Don't post counts, likes, and trophies earned kind of offer the distinction this thread is asking for? Or have I missed the finer points in my skimming to catch up?
I think people want to be able to specify what is said below their name. Like where yours says "Vape Deals Diva" instead of "Verified VU Member".

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, the answer to that was posted elsewhere...... there is a plan for custom titles in the works. We've put a hold on changing them until we implement it. It's under discussion currently.

2BZ4THOT

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some peoples have already been changed? Whats up with that?

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey I noticed that you got yours changed to "Vapid Vapetress" .....How did you do that? Thx

a few of us early on members groused, bitched, cajoled, harassed, bothered and buggered until we got personalized name thingies. i don't think it works anymore, sadly.

and @TygerTyger, speaking of trophy points.....113 seems to be the most one can get (unless you are Joe ;) ). i have been stuck at 113 for months and months. it's really no biggie, just curious. :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
We are indeed discussing it behind the scenes.

As recently as today as a matter of fact in our own little area of the forum.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We are indeed discussing it behind the scenes.

As recently as today as a matter of fact in our own little area of the forum.

and what else do you do in there? (she asked innocently)

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
a few of us early on members groused, bitched, cajoled, harassed, bothered and buggered until we got personalized name thingies. i don't think it works anymore, sadly.

and @TygerTyger, speaking of trophy points.....113 seems to be the most one can get (unless you are Joe ;) ). i have been stuck at 113 for months and months. it's really no biggie, just curious. :)

113 is indeed the most trophy points that can be earned currently. I'll see what can be done about adding to that.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
113 is indeed the most trophy points that can be earned currently. I'll see what can be done about adding to that.

thank you so much for your quick response, dear. :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just out of curiosity, what are trophy points for, anyway? Likes, I understand, post counts, I understand, but I'm lost on trophy points. I have a points thingy at work where I can get stuff. I like stuff
128fs318181.gif

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just out of curiosity, what are trophy points for, anyway? Likes, I understand, post counts, I understand, but I'm lost on trophy points. I have a points thingy at work where I can get stuff. I like stuff
128fs318181.gif

i think trophy points get you both diddly AND squat! :p

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
There is a reason post counts are pointless and meaningless.
I will describe why below:

this

is

why

they're

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
pointless and meaningless.

Get it?:)

EDIT: I just moderated my own posts by merging them together;)

Last edited:
D

Donald Bickers

im failing to see what post counts and like counts have to do with this thread

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
im failing to see what post counts and like counts have to do with this thread

Some got their Verified Member status changed early on but Tyger got bombarded with 50 requests the 1st day alone.
She had to go in and change each and every one manually so we had to stop it pretty early on.

Tyger needs to do other things like run Vaperjoes Canada blog, Find deals & Steals, Administration Duties on the Forum, Do the Mod Envy Show and Done deal with VaporJoe & Tyger weekly, and she has a little one at home to take care of.

I am sure I missed at least a half dozen other things she does to help VU and VULive.

It was decided that we will look into finding a way for members to change them on their own.

We have been having way bigger problems with some moderators being not active for months and trolls and spammers on the rise we have all we can do to try to fix that.

Then there is always some sort of weekly drama that has to be diffused.

We do have a meeting planned for this weekend and we have listed this and other things in our moderator section on the forum invisible to regular users.

We will be working on this and adding a few new moderators to pick up the slack of the inactive ones.

We are aware of this and quite a few other things that members have brought to our attention that we are working hard on.

I hope by next week this time I have answers to this question and the 10 or so others that we are working on.

Making our members happy, working with them to make the forum more fun, and a better all around experience is one of our top priorities on the Vaping Underground

2BZ4THOT

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some got their Verified Member status changed early on but Tyger got bombarded with 50 requests the 1st day alone.
She had to go in and change each and every one manually so we had to stop it pretty early on.

Tyger needs to do other things like run Vaperjoes Canada blog, Find deals & Steals, Administration Duties on the Forum, Do the Mod Envy Show and Done deal with VaporJoe & Tyger weekly, and she has a little one at home to take care of.

I am sure I missed at least a half dozen other things she does to help VU and VULive.

It was decided that we will look into finding a way for members to change them on their own.

We have been having way bigger problems with some moderators being not active for months and trolls and spammers on the rise we have all we can do to try to fix that.

We do have a meeting planned for this weekend and we have listed this and other things in our moderator section on the forum invisible to regular users.

We will be working on this and adding a few new moderators to pick up the slack of the inactive ones.

We are aware of this and quite a few other things that members have brought to our attention that we are working hard on.

I hope by next week this time I have answers to this question and the 10 or so others that we are working on.

Making our members happy, working with them to make the forum more fun, and a better all around experience is one of our top priorities on the Vaping Underground
Pretty cool response...Works for me anyways

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Dang, @TygerTyger. You need a vacation, hun. Nice job, btw.

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks y'all for your support, kind words, and patience. Rest assured that while it won't happen overnight, it's on my radar (and my LIST--- yes I have a list), and we'll see what can be done about it. :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Thanks y'all for your support, kind words, and patience. Rest assured that while it won't happen overnight, it's on my radar (and my LIST--- yes I have a list), and we'll see what can be done about it. :)

And Miss Tyger does indeed have a list. A rather long one at that.

And keeping me in line is always near the top I am afraid:D

You would not believe some of the ideas that I have floated by her:eek:

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And Miss Tyger does indeed have a list. A rather long one at that.

And keeping me in line is always near the top I am afraid:D

You would not believe some of the ideas that I have floated by her:eek:

most of them mine :D

VU Sponsors