VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://sfata.org/urgent-us-senate-may-consider-ban-e-cigs-carry-bags/

That cockweasel Senator Blumenthal is at it again.

PLEASE fill out the form and send a message to your senator explaining how banning vape products on flights would cause ex smokers to become smokers again.

National Call to Action! Send a message to oppose efforts to ban carrying vapor products on flights!
(SA 3547 - Sen. Blumenthal [D-CT])

https://cqrcengage.com/casaa/app/write-a-letter?0&engagementId=193113

What are you going to to when your flight lands?
Buy a Blu or Njoy?
Wouldn't a pack of cigarettes would be so easy to buy when instead you'd have to find a vape shop and basically buy a device that you'd have to throw away because you couldn't take on the plane when you leave?

Before it's over you will have to fucking mail your mod to yourself before you travel.
What do you do if you are traveling somewhere that you don't have a place to mail your device to?

Why are these senators making it so hard for smokers to quit smoking?

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Why are these senators making it so hard for smokers to quit smoking?
Because our vapes are difficult, if not impossible to tax.

Submitted. I changed the second paragraph some:

I am writing to urge you to oppose SA 3547 which would prohibit travelers from carrying vapor products (e-cigarettes) in checked or carry-on baggage on flights. If this amendment is included in the FAA Reauthorization Bill, millions of travelers who use vapor products to remain smoke-free will be forced into an unfair position that will be harmful to their health.

The FAA already prohibits lithium ion batteries and e-cigarettes in checked baggage. This amendment would prohibit travelers from flying with these products completely. The lithium-ion batteries in electronic cigarettes are no different than the ones used in millions of cellphones, tablets, and laptops, that virtually every airline passenger carries at least one of. Safety is not a justification to prohibit them in carry-on baggage. Instead, this is a thinly-veiled attempt to to make life difficult for people who have used vapor products to quit smoking and remain smoke-free, and is completely unwarranted.

I am extremely disappointed that Senator Blumenthal would even consider placing former smokers in a position where they might feel pressured to return to smoking and urge you to oppose his amendment to the FAA Reauthorization Bill.

I look forward to your response on this issue. I, along with my fellow members of CASAA (Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association), thank you for considering my comments and hope you will oppose misguided attempts to limit adult use of low-risk, smoke-free e-cigarettes.

VU Sponsors