• WELCOME TO VAPING UNDERGROUND 2.0

EXPECT ISSUES FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS

PLEASE POST ANY ISSUES TO OUR ON GOING THREAD --HERE--

US - Keep Vape Mail Legal! (Reject S.1253)

The Cromwell

The Frugal Vapist
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep sucks but thing is unless I have missed another delay the PMTA enforcement begins in around 9 weeks which will kind make this a moot point.
afik no vape product is PMTA approved yet.
A handful with pending apps can still be sold for a while. Pods and cigalikes I think.
I do not know of any other vape products including bottled juice that has PMTA apps accepted.

PLEASE tell me I am wrong though.

The Cromwell

The Frugal Vapist
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only product that's applied is Phillip Morris IQOS. This bites. :(
Is it applied or approved? Not a vape product anyway, really.
I thought a couple of the BT owned pods and such had apps accepted?

PMTA is for all tobacco products traditional and vape not on the US market prior to Feb 2007? I think the grandfather date is.
It also being for traditional tobacco products is the only reason enforcement has been delayed as long as it has. It also hits some expensive cigars and such as well.

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
It's been applied but not approved yet I think. I can't find any hard facts. As far as i could find nothing has been approved but i might be wrong. The facts are pretty jumbled.

The Cromwell

The Frugal Vapist
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's been applied but not approved yet I think. I can't find any hard facts. As far as i could find nothing has been approved but i might be wrong. The facts are pretty jumbled.

yep hard to find out anything for certain but last I found only maybe 15 or so total filed vape PMTA apps that were not rejected initially.
And I have heard nothing about any mix and match vape hardware or bottled juice being applied for...
I suspect that open vape systems will not be approved per the PMTA requirements docs I perused..
nor any devices that will allow one to run an atomizer too hot and give off inconsistent results. ie variable wattage...

Also there is a new UL spec for vape devices...

VU Sponsors