Become a Patron!

'Use e-cigarettes to stop smoking' – Hull health chiefs back 'game changing' technology

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There seems to be a trend in the UK by the medical community and health ministers pushing e-cigs as smoking cessation devices,which may well backfire for vapers, requiring prescriptions for cigalikes and cartridges. I'm not sure I see this growing trend as a good thing...

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There seems to be a trend in the UK by the medical community and health ministers pushing e-cigs as smoking cessation devices,which may well backfire for vapers, requiring prescriptions for cigalikes and cartridges. I'm not sure I see this growing trend as a good thing...
Prescribed or not it's better than nothing and a step to get people to quit that aren't as informed or tinkery as us.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Does the UK require a prescription for nicotine gum?

Apparently not. It appears they hand it out to kids at schools.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...osing-nicotine-chewing-gum-handed-school.html

I find the prescription thing to be very unlikely.

Last edited:

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does the UK require a prescription for nicotine gum?

No, they can be purchased over the counter, or prescribed as a NHS benefit... It may come to pass, however, that only licensed e-cigs will be available, meaning the manufacturers will have to submit their products for review as medical products...

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, they can be purchased over the counter, or prescribed as a NHS benefit... It may come to pass, however, that only licensed e-cigs will be available, meaning the manufacturers will have to submit their products for review as medical products...

Like the FDA is going to do here, without the medical designation?

It still won't require a prescription.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like the FDA is going to do here, without the medical designation?

It still won't require a prescription.
Possibly far more strict than the FDA, with measured doses per puff as a requirement...

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let's not feed it.
Feed what? Steve?
It's actually a rational and intelligent conversation for once.
I don't hold too many grudges and if Steve wants to act like a civilized member of these boards then I'm all for it.

VU Sponsors