Become a Patron!

Used liquid not approved for plastic clearos in my plastic clearo

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guys,

Just got another evod style plastic clearo....just got it, and accidentally put some liquid not approved for polycarbonates like this clearo. Been in there like a day or so before I remembered and cleaned it out well.

It looks okay...but does anyone know if there is any danger in continuing to use it with safe liquids? ie, plastic residue in lungs etc.

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the plastic/polycarbonate isn't clouded up, you have no problem. If it gets cloudy you've had a chemical reaction with the plastic and it's best to toss it out in my opinion.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hard to tell with the Evods, given the window is so small - unless you can see clouding or the tank develops a leak I'd say it's probably okay to use, but since Evods can be had for something like $3-4 these days it's also probably not worth the risk unless you're waiting for new gear in the mail and need to use it short-term.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I used to use stuff in my Evods before I knew about tank crackers. None of them leaked, cracked or got cloudy. Time did that more than anything, but I did stop using tank cracker juice once I was made aware of it. I got pyrex and stayed with it.

What was the juice?

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was a mango, orange and pineapple blend from vaporfi.com, huck

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
and I'm definitely in the process of switching to all pyrex status ASAP :p
Once I tried Pyrex, I couldn't go back. Not only was it safer for any juice I was using, but the FLAVOR!! Night and day, as far as I'm concerned.

VU Sponsors