Become a Patron!

UWELL Caliburn GK3 - review by Villalobos Ramírez

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Hello there folks.

Time for another review,this time the UWELL Caliburn GK3 which was sent to me by Sourcemore for the purposes of this review.

Ok let us get started with some visual aids so you can get some quick facts and specs about this new vaping device from Uwell.

colors.JPG

contents.JPG

BREAKDOWN.JPG

tech specs.JPG

specs.JPG

screen.JPG

Unboxing and first impressions:

UWELL sure fit a lot in such a tiny box,little cut out in the front of the box with a transparent plastic which lets you see the color of the device.
Always a good idea to be able to see before you actually purchase it,you know just in case you're one of those that like to choose a color they really like.

Underneath the plastic which contains the device you will find everything you need to start vaping and by everything i mean EVERYTHING.

Kudos to UWELL for inclusing a second cartridge,that should be the vaping industry standard when selling a vaping device of this type.
Never know if a coil/cartridge will be a dud or perhaps you're new to vaping and you burn it by mistake,anyway it says a lot about a company when they go the extra mile.
Apart from that you also get the regular stuff like the USB Type-C charging cable and an instruction manual and then the cherry on top is a nice looking lanyard.
Personally i never use them but again UWELL good for you for including this in the kit.

I got the Blue color which looks pretty cool,has some nice motherboard techy kinda design on the front which is aesthetically pleasing.

Holding the Caliburn GK 3 it does feel sturdy,it is made with ABS plastic with Polycarbonate panels on either side with nice rounded edges,the only metal part is the lanyard clip which is place opposite side from where the cartridge is located.

Vaping time:

Going to fill the cartridge and let it soak the sweet nectar of the gods while i go thru menu operations and some other stuff about this device.
First of all depending on what version you get (TPD or not TPD) you will get a different type of cartridge.
The TPD cartridge which holds 2ml of e-liquid can be filled by the top,just remove the top of the cartridge and therein lies the filling port which is rubberized.
Can't say more about the TPD version since i got the none TPD version which changes a bit,the cartridge hold 2.5mls of e-liquid instead of 2mls and the filling port is located on the side.
Just pull out the rubber tab and fill it up,put the rubber tab back to its previous form and voila!! all done.

On the front of the GK 3 you will see a nice segmented digital LCD screen with all the info that you need to know.
This LCD also has a backlight which you can activate just by pressing the side button once,in day time there is no need but in a dark room yeah that comes in handy.

Menu operation is pretty easy:

-Press side button 5 times to turn off and on
-Press the side button 3 times and the wattage number will flash,then you just press the side button again to increment the wattage,each press of the button makes the wattage go up 1 watt for each press.
Once reached the desired wattage just wait a couple of seconds until the wattage number stops flashing or you can just take a puff puff to make it stop flashing.
-Press the side button 4 times to reset the puff counter (4 digit max)

Also hard to believe but this small vaping device also includes haptic feedback which will make the device itself vibrate when you turn it on/off,insert a cartridge or charge the device.

Charging time i gotta be honest,it was almost empty but i lost track of time but it was definitely less than an hour,might have been between 40 and 50 minutes which is not bad for a 900mAh battery.

Coil wise you get 2 different type of coils (cartridge) in this kit,one is the 0.6 ohm (max wattage recommended is 25w) and a 0.9ohm (15 watts recommended wattage),there is also a third 1.2ohm coil which will be released in the near future.

Airlflow wise it does not have a normal way to change the airflow,the position of the cartridge determines the airflow you're getting,here is a pic to show you:

airflow.JPG

Hole with the green arrow is for RDL so when you put the cartridge in this side must face the same side where you the airflow hole is on the side of GK 3.
Same if you want an MTL vape,that would be the red arrow hole i marked in the pic,just put in the cartridge with this small airflow hole facing the airflow hole of the GK 3 and bingo bango you're all set.

Personally i would have liked to be able to adjust my airflow a bit differently but considering this is a small device well i think this is a nice way to give you two types of vaping sensations,from RDL to MTL only by taking the cartridge out...rotating it then back in,and viceversa if you want to go from MTL to RDL.

Tried both coils but i like the 0.6 ohm the best,slowly built up the wattage which in this case is 25 watts and with the holes aligned for RTL is where i got the best vape.

Had been a while since i used any coils /cartridges from UWELL but damn these were good,nice potent flavor with a decent cloud and a very nice hit.

PROS:

-Nice aesthetics futuristic in nature
-Good big screen making easy to read all the info on it
-Coil performance excellent with no leaking problems

CONS:

-Shape of the device,not really a con but for those of us with big hands it does feel odd when you hold it.
But this is more like a special preference so not really a con,personally i just prefer the tall ones like the Caliburn G3 or G2.

Would i recommend this device:

On performance,build quality,the flavor delivery of the coils and the electronics yeah hell yeah!!
This is one awesome little vaping device,UWELL does deliver a quality product with proper packaging and all you need to start vaping (except the e-liquid) in the box.
Aesthetic wise well it depends if you like the shape and you can get use to using a square like device like this or perhpas you prefer it to be tall and slim which in that case you can choose any other that UWELL has like the Caliburn G3 for example.

If you feel inclined to buy this product feel free to use this code so you can get a discount:

UGK3 $18.79 - Uwell Caliburn GK3 Pod Kit

Well that is it for today folks.
Thanks to my friends at Sourcemore for sending me this product so i could review it and thanks to everyone who took the time to read this review.

VU Sponsors