Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow that's kind of a shock. I had no idea there were juice companies bringing in that kind of money. If MBV is making that much then there must be more making the same or somewhere near it. Now add in the thousands of other juice makers and their revenue and you have a huge industry just with juice alone. There is absolutely no excuse for the entire industry not creating an effective lobbying group. They waited for the last minute and pushed the responsibility on us the consumers.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
DAMNNNN, The owners of Mt Baker Vapor are getting PAID
I had no idea there were juice companies bringing in that kind of money.
$40-$50 million in revenues sounds great. Now subtract out the rent on a 64,000 sf facility, amortize fixtures and equipment therein, and don't forget the biggest cost of all, the 100 employees. Oh and they still have to pay for raw materials, electric, water, sewer, etc, etc. I'm confident the owners make a profit, but I doubt it's anywhere near what you imagine it to be. ;)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wow that's kind of a shock. I had no idea there were juice companies bringing in that kind of money. If MBV is making that much then there must be more making the same or somewhere near it. Now add in the thousands of other juice makers and their revenue and you have a huge industry just with juice alone. There is absolutely no excuse for the entire industry not creating an effective lobbying group. They waited for the last minute and pushed the responsibility on us the consumers.

Mt Baker is head of R2BSmoke Free, which filed the first lawsuit in DC against the FDA last June

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mt Baker is head of R2BSmoke Free, which filed the first lawsuit in DC against the FDA last June

I understand MBV has been doing a lot I just wonder sometimes what the industry has been doing all these years. I know it has not been around very long but it seems like its been pretty fruitful and I just wish more could have been done to insulate the industry. I guess as the 8th grows closer I'm growing more frustrated ...

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I understand MBV has been doing a lot I just wonder sometimes what the industry has been doing all these years. I know it has not been around very long but it seems like its been pretty fruitful and I just wish more could have been done to insulate the industry. I guess as the 8th grows closer I'm growing more frustrated ...

I feel your frustration too, for sure.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
$40-$50 million in revenues sounds great. Now subtract out the rent on a 64,000 sf facility, amortize fixtures and equipment therein, and don't forget the biggest cost of all, the 100 employees. Oh and they still have to pay for raw materials, electric, water, sewer, etc, etc. I'm confident the owners make a profit, but I doubt it's anywhere near what you imagine it to be. ;)

Let's not take "making" money hand over fist out of this equation. Compare the state minimum wage of the Washington vs Arizona. And consider the fact they make a lot of juice, in house.

Most businesses TRY to make 3%. And the vape industry (juice makers primarily) is one of those industries that only has to wake up every morning, to see 10%.

I like MBV, and have made purchases from them. But let's be realistic, this industry has made a lot of people filthy ass rich. And you don't simply wake up one morning, and decide it's time to haul the FDA into court. Unless you can bankroll a damn good lawyer.

I am grateful they are doing something about this. But I wasn't born yesterday.

I'd also like to point out a video contained within this very forum. A meeting of vendors being told the days of $20 a bottle juice were over. Well, yes they are. But that boat sailed years ago. The Federal government knows that vapors as a whole are willing to spend $20 a bottle. So a 40-50% tax on a $10 bottle of juice is not out of line with the governments logic process.

And BTW, even if MBV only pulls a 1% profit. They still made $400 - $500k last year.

VU Sponsors