Become a Patron!

Vape too hot on Kanthal 35mm dual coil Zephyrus Tank

Invisible Rasta

Member For 5 Years
hello guys i am new to vaping, got myself a Zephyrus v1 tank that i really enjoy but i ahve a problem when building coils. At the store they suggested me to use .35mm kanthal A1 wire and make two coils with 8 wraps.
so i even checked steam engine and i am getting 0.5 ohms.. Problem is that the vapour is too hot..burns my throat... i see people on youtube smoking this kind of build at 40-50 watts... i wonder how that is possible.... I cant go over 20 watts with this build... am I doing something wrong?
what dual coil build should i make with a .35mm wire?

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Different people have different preferences and tolerances. But mostly I think it has to do with the 'new to vaping' part. Every time you upgrade your vape gear your throat will have to get used to the change in sensation so you will experience discomfort if you jump right into a powerful setup. Need to work your way up to higher settings and lower ohms. Everybody goes through it. When I went from an eGo to a nautilus I had to get used to it, same with when I up[graded to an Atlantis V1, and again when I moved to dripping. Each time I also had to start with lower wattage and gradually move up as I got used to it and started wanting more.

So, to sum it up, nope, your not doing anything wrong.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Just because you see folks on youtube vaping at 40 to 50 watts does not mean that you will enjoy it yourself.

My own personal limit seems to be about 30 watts and anything over that is just to much for me even though my gear can handle it my mouth and lungs can't!

Remember you are vaping for YOU and not the folks on youtube.

Invisible Rasta

Member For 5 Years
no well i was wondering how they do it cause it feels like i burned down my lung when i tried once to use this build at 40 watts...

should i build with .20mm ? how much wattage would .20mm take?

Invisible Rasta

Member For 5 Years
no i never get dry hits... ill upload now a picture of my build so you can see.. i never got a dry hit but no way i can go over 25wwatts... the vapour will burn my lips even

Invisible Rasta

Member For 5 Years
pkAPSfh.jpg

this is the build i use in my zephyrus v1 it reads exactly 0.50Ω and its .35mm kanthal 14.6Ω/meter. I can vape it from 5 to 22 Watts no problem but if i go any higher the vape will just burn my lips, like properly burn...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
pkAPSfh.jpg

this is the build i use in my zephyrus v1 it reads exactly 0.50Ω and its .35mm kanthal 14.6Ω/meter. I can vape it from 5 to 22 Watts no problem but if i go any higher the vape will just burn my lips, like properly burn...
Those coils looks like 26gkanthal
Try 28 g kanthal 10 wraps on 2 diameter coil...
Can u please post a photo of the wire u are using?
Nice box mod!!

Vape On

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No man, the higher the resistance means thinner wire and that normally produce cool vapes
The lower the resistance means thicker wires will produce warm VAPE...

Vape On

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And use Gauge as a reference to WIRES so others won't get confuse

Vape On

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so thicker wire means cooler vapor?
Well not really..thinner wire is higher resistance which is a cooler vape than thicker wire at low resistance, also requiring more power..thick wires like 22, 24, and 26g are good for sub ohm builds mostly, and produce a warmer vape..
Thinner wires like 32, 30, and 28g are mostly used with 1.0+ ohm builds producing a cooler vape...least that is my experience with the different gauge wires..wish I could've helped more!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors