Become a Patron!

Vapefly TIM Pod Review By Ben28

Vapefly TIM
1.jpg
Today I bring you a POD type device from the Vapefly brand. A device in collaboration with Dampfalot TV. This device has a 1100mAh battery, interchangeable coils, 4mL capacity among many other features that we will discuss in more depth in the review.

Feel free to check the TIM Pod on Vapefly Site for more information, also a big thank you to Daisy from Vapefly, she has been very kind to me and providing me with these products.

Disclaimer;
Nobody nor any brand is paying me to do this review, all you will see are my most sincere opinions, both the positive and the negative.

Combo.jpg

Features
Step-Up Circuit Board
1100mAh Battery
4mL Cartridge
Side Refill
2A Fast Charging
30W Output Power

BrandVapefly
Product NameTim Pod Kit
Size26*18*120mm
Max Output Power30W
Max Output Voltage6V
BatteryBuilt-in 1100mAh
MaterialAluminum alloy + PCTG
Pod Capacity4mL
Filling TypeSide Filling
Charging2A Fast Charging
Replace Coils0.6ohm mesh coil, KA1 (included)
0.8ohm mesh coil, KA1 (pre-installed)
1.0ohm mesh coil, KA1 (sold separately)
1.2ohm mesh coil, KA1 (sold separately)
ColorRed & Black, Yellow & Black, Black, Gunmetal, Silver

Packaging
IMG_9600.JPG
The device is presented to us in a fairly elongated rectangular box that combines the black of the background with the gold of the letters as is usual in Vapefly. The packaging does not match the color of the device, it shows the special color of Dampfalot TV (a German reviewer who has designed this product together with Vapefly). Above we see the brand of the product and just below the TIM model, which is the acronym for Tasty And Intense Moments, the product's slogan.

IMG_9601.JPG

On the side, certain contact directions with Vapefly are presented to us on a black background, in addition to some typical vaping warnings.

IMG_9602.JPG

On the back it begins with a brief description of the product, commenting that it is a collaboration with Dampfalot TV. Just below we are shown some main features of the device. Also at the bottom we find a scratch to verify that the product is original and a barcode that also indicates the color of the product.
In the box
1*Tim POD Battery
1*Tim POD Cartridge
1*0.8Ω Coil
1*0.6Ω Coil
1* Type-C Cable
1*User Manual

IMG_9603.JPG

Here, we are simply shown the color of the product in question and all those available, in this case Silver is marked.

IMG_9604.JPG

If we slide the lid of the box the first thing we find is the device nested in a custom-made pad. Under it we have a hole to be able to remove the device more easily. I should note that it originally comes wrapped in a small bag for safety. The pad is somewhat difficult to remove to access that double bottom where the cable and replacement coil will be found, but it is minimal.

IMG_9605.JPG

If we organize everything a little, we end up with something like this. The device on one hand, the Type-C cable on the other and the spare coil as well. In addition, one is already pre-installed in the cartridge.

Device Inspection
IMG_9606.JPG

The device is stick-shaped with very rounded edges, which gives it a modern and aesthetic appearance. At the top we have the cartridge, which we will talk about in more depth later in the review. If we continue going down we have a window to observe the amount of liquid we have left, I recommend filling it when it is still above the cotton of the coil.

In the middle part we find an area shared by the button and the screen, which show quite important information in addition to having certain functions.

The product model, TIM, is shown at the bottom.

IMG_9607.JPG

Here I show you the screen and its respective information.

On the left side we are shown the battery percentage, which will decrease when reaching 75%, 50%, 25% and 0%. In the center we are shown the wattage at which we vape and on the right the ''A'' indicates between ''Automatic'' mode or ''D'' if it is in ''DIY'' mode. At the bottom left we will see the Ω of the coil and on the right the voltage at which we vape, which will range from 0.00V to a maximum of 6.00V.

Regarding functions
5 Clicks - We will turn on the device
5 Clicks with the device on will show a menu in which we will be given the choice between DIY or AUTOMATIC mode and we will also be able to turn off the device.
2 Clicks - The battery percentage will be shown from 0% to 100%
3 Clicks - It will let us change the wattage in 0.5W increments up to a maximum of 30W, then it will reset to 5W and start the cycle again.
4 Clicks - They will lock the button and it can only be activated by auto-draw
4 Clicks with the button locked - They will unlock the button

Now differences between DIY and AUTOMATIC mode.

In DIY mode we will be able to change the wattage between 5W-30W regardless of the Ω of the coil

In AUTOMATIC mode we will simply be allowed to change the Wattage between the one recommended for the coil.

Last edited:
IMG_9608.JPG

On both sides we find these types of inserts that make the device more comfortable in hand. On one side is the air regulation that has 3 holes, the first larger than the other two. This will give us the possibility to alternate between an RDL or MTL puff but we will not get DTL on this device, furthermore, they are not designed for that.

From the side we can see the curve that the cartridge makes in the area where we put our mouth to vape. This makes it one of the most comfortable puffs I've had in a long time.

IMG_9609.JPG

On the back we find the window again to observe the liquid, I find it unnecessary that it is on both sides, I think it would have given it a more aesthetic touch if it was only on one of them. At the bottom of the device we are informed of the collaboration and that it should not be deposited in regular trash cans.

IMG_9610.JPG

As for the POD-Battery connection, as usual, it is achieved through magnets that leave a very, very light game, nothing serious in my opinion. The coil of this cartridge is disposable, that is, we will not have to throw away the entire cartridge but only the coil, a clear plus for them.

The cartridge has a capacity of 4mL and can be filled to the maximum without problems. Of course, I must say that you must be careful when the device is full or you have used the coil and use the auto-draw, sometimes some spitback occurs.

IMG_9611.JPG

The filling system is located on the side, it is very simple to fill and fits bottles of all types. I must point out that the first time it is closed it is somewhat complicated but as you use it the closing becomes easier. This improves the leaking that could be caused in this area.

IMG_9613.JPG

The charging system is carried out through the lowest part of the device. This charge is 2A, a fast charge that will fill the battery in approximately 50 minutes.

Vaping Time
Well, Vapefly provided me with all the existing coils for this device.

I will start talking about the 1.2Ω one, this will be used in a range of 10-13W, in any case I have found the optimal use for me at 7.5W for MTL puff and 12W for RDL puff with the air inlet completely open. This will give one of the most discreet vaping, keeping the flavor at a more than acceptable level.

As for the 1.0Ω coil, it will remain in a range of 12-15W, slightly higher than the previous one, so the performance is practically the same. I used it more in a 15W RDL vape, turning it into a little vapor beast.

Let's now talk about the 0.8Ω coil, intended for 15-18W use. This provides much warmer and more abundant vapor and an exceptional flavor. Of all of them, I could say that it is my favorite, having used it at 16.5W and with the inlet completely open.

If we stop to talk about the most brutal coil, the 0.6Ω one, used in a range of 19-22W, it will be the one that provides the most vapor and flavor and I admit that I have gone over its limits, making it reach 30W, which is which reduces its lifespan but gets the most out of the device.

As for the battery, well, it depends on the wattage but at 7.5W it has lasted me practically two whole days of vaping.

Charging from 0-100% will take about 50 minutes as mentioned above.

Pros And Cons

ProsCons
High Battery LifeCartridge has a little bit of looseness
Beautiful AestheticsWhen the coil is used, tiny spitback appears.
Interchangeable Coil
Various Modes
Coil Versatility
Regulated Airflow
Fast Charging

Conclusion

In conclusion, Vapefly is gaining ground in the POD area, they are famous for their atomizers more than anything but they are becoming more versatile than ever, from mods to disposables and even PODs.

I am very grateful that you sent me this device, this way I can give you my most honest opinion about it and try new products.

That was the entire review, I hope you liked it, I loved doing it to be honest, any question or doubt, even constructive criticism, is accepted in the comments, have a good time vaping and thanks for reading !

By Ben28.

VU Sponsors