Become a Patron!

Vaping and Open Heart Surgery

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi All! Been awhile since I have visited and longer since I have posted. I must admit I got burned out with all the negative news awhile back and inside fighting. I just did the diy thing and kept to myself concerning vaping for awhile.

So on to the title. I had had various symptoms, some worse than others that started around Sept 2019 and progressively got worse. It came to a head mid March 2020. I will usually get up between 4 am and 5 am on Sunday, let dog out to go pot and give him a drink then we go back to bed for a few more hours.

I was waiting for him to come back in when all of a sudden I felt like I was drowning. Ended up in ER. After spending 18 hours in isolation due to covid19 I was diagnosed with heart failure and extreme heart murmer. My mitral valve was destroyed.

I spent next 6 days at hospital getting treatment and all necessary test's for surgery. I couldn't get surgery until hospitals opened back up due to covid19. Since they could keep me somewhat comfortable with drugs I was considered non emergency!

So I had surgery on May 13th, just a little over 2 weeks ago. And it is painful.....

So doctors could see I have some copd but said they could tell I stopped smoking some time back. I told them I started vaping 7 years ago. My heart surgeon, my anesthesiologist and my hospital general doctor all shook heads thoughtfully and said, We don't have all the info in about vaping but we are glad you stopped smoking tobacco. The general practitioner told me to monitor my vaping when I left and limit as much as I could at least first 2 weeks.

The attitude with doctors is definitely better than say 5 years ago. Thanks and good to see you all again!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hi All! Been awhile since I have visited and longer since I have posted. I must admit I got burned out with all the negative news awhile back and inside fighting. I just did the diy thing and kept to myself concerning vaping for awhile.

So on to the title. I had had various symptoms, some worse than others that started around Sept 2019 and progressively got worse. It came to a head mid March 2020. I will usually get up between 4 am and 5 am on Sunday, let dog out to go pot and give him a drink then we go back to bed for a few more hours.

I was waiting for him to come back in when all of a sudden I felt like I was drowning. Ended up in ER. After spending 18 hours in isolation due to covid19 I was diagnosed with heart failure and extreme heart murmer. My mitral valve was destroyed.

I spent next 6 days at hospital getting treatment and all necessary test's for surgery. I couldn't get surgery until hospitals opened back up due to covid19. Since they could keep me somewhat comfortable with drugs I was considered non emergency!

So I had surgery on May 13th, just a little over 2 weeks ago. And it is painful.....

So doctors could see I have some copd but said they could tell I stopped smoking some time back. I told them I started vaping 7 years ago. My heart surgeon, my anesthesiologist and my hospital general doctor all shook heads thoughtfully and said, We don't have all the info in about vaping but we are glad you stopped smoking tobacco. The general practitioner told me to monitor my vaping when I left and limit as much as I could at least first 2 weeks.

The attitude with doctors is definitely better than say 5 years ago. Thanks and good to see you all again!

Wow, that sounds like a horrible ordeal - am glad you made it through

Very refreshing to hear the attitudes from your docs, surgeons, etc

nvaksman

Member For 3 Years
Ask yourself if the vaping contributed to your heart issue. Many studies o heart saying that the smoking is equal to vaping ih regard to heart sclerosis.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ask yourself if the vaping contributed to your heart issue. Many studies o heart saying that the smoking is equal to vaping ih regard to heart sclerosis.

Yeah, and numerous vape studies have been retracted and the authors chastised for shoddy or outfight false ways the studies are conducted

Also, most vapers are were also longterm smokers and come into vaping already diseased

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Mitral valve regurgitation main causes are rheumatic heart disease, infective endocarditis, annular calcification, cardiomyopathy, and ischemic heart disease, hereditary and age. I say again though, one of the top heart doctors in Ohio, my anesthetist and my Primary Physician all said they were glad I stopped smoking and they didn't have all info on vaping they consider it to be a better option than smoking.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Mitral valve regurgitation main causes are rheumatic heart disease, infective endocarditis, annular calcification, cardiomyopathy, and ischemic heart disease, hereditary and age. I say again though, one of the top heart doctors in Ohio, my anesthetist and my Primary Physician all said they were glad I stopped smoking and they didn't have all info on vaping they consider it to be a better option than smoking.

This guy is either a health troll or needs to stop scaring himself to death and take control of his health through better eating and how he does or doesn't move his body
legs Twitching

Feeling sack

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, and numerous vape studies have been retracted and the authors chastised for shoddy or outfight false ways the studies are conducted

Also, most vapers are were also longterm smokers and come into vaping already diseased

A year before I started vaping I had a physical. My doctor told me your going to die young if you keep smoking. In my third year of vaping I had another physical. He said, you quit smoking, good job. I didn't say anything about vaping. He showed me my xray's and even a non medical person could see the difference. While I wasn't ready to win any marathons I could breath easier, didn't sweat as much and wasn't as tired as I had been. I always tell people that complain about vaping. If someone stops drinking a bottle of whiskey every night do you bitch about them drinking Pepsi cause it's not healthy?

nvaksman

Member For 3 Years
I am vaping for over 5 years. So, it is not happened while I was smoking. Last year vs. this year. All major USA medical establishments that publish studies concluded that vaping is not much better for arteries pulque build up than convectional cigs.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I am vaping for over 5 years. So, it is not happened while I was smoking. Last year vs. this year. All major USA medical establishments that publish studies concluded that vaping is not much better for arteries pulque build up than convectional cigs.

And Public Health England says vaping is 95% safer than cigarettes and even let patients vape in hospitals

None of the studies you keep citing to be an scary jerk are peer reviewed - they are junk science

Go back to your troll hole

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The only negative effects from Vaping when it comes to medical issues is healing. Nicotine does constrict the blood vessels slowing healing. I vaped zero nic when I was in the hospital for months. Vaping itself has no ill effects on the heart, however the extreme high levels of nicotine going around can. So keep it zero or low until your healed.

nvaksman

Member For 3 Years
The only negative effects from Vaping when it comes to medical issues is healing. Nicotine does constrict the blood vessels slowing healing. I vaped zero nic when I was in the hospital for months. Vaping itself has no ill effects on the heart, however the extreme high levels of nicotine going around can. So keep it zero or low until your healed.
I am vaping 3%. DIY.

VU Sponsors