Become a Patron!

Vaping and stomach upset.

Shit. Is this real? I have vaped for three months already, but I am also diagnosed with acute gastritis. Will I die? The effects of the vaping process are unknown to me, but I use nicotine in low quantities. Not too sure if I have to give up vaping or not. I found a site with the best vape deals, and I already purchased vape pens, mods, juice, and CBD oil for my wife because she has insomnia. I will consume everything I bought and then consult a doctor to see what he says about my situation. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also I had c-diff, and after I got FMT no longer.
C. diff (also known as Clostridioides difficile or C. difficile) is a germ (bacterium) that causes severe diarrhea and colitis (an inflammation of the colon).
It’s estimated to cause almost half a million infections in the United States each year.
About 1 in 6 patients who get C. diff will get it again in the subsequent 2-8 weeks.
One in 11 people over age 65 diagnosed with a healthcare-associated C. diff infection die within one month.

Looked that up in part due to the post and in part because I spray what are called C-diff tablets in our schools here. These tablets are used to kill the bacteria which spread C-diff as well as Covid-19 apparently.

Prevent the Spread of C. diff

What we use in schools is a tablet with stuff that kills the bacteria. It dissolves in water and the water gets ionized and sprayed out as a mist. Being ionized the particles attach to surfaces and will continue killing the bacteria through a day.

Almost every single prescription med lists diarrhea as a possible side affect

Yep.

I have problems with my stomach, mostly diarrhea and nausea. My juice is 90%VG.

I use nearly 100% VG. Not had any issues. Not had any issues using 50/50 mix of PG/VG either. At worst case, I might feel dehydrated. Simple solution, drink more water. Need to do that anyway with high blood pressure. Water helps my body regulate everything better.

Been vaping moderately since 2014-2017 moderately. Yep, minor dehydration has ever been the only issue. And I don't chalk that up fully to vaping. I sometimes just don't drink enough water. Moderate vaping in my case has been 2-6ml daily of 18mg/ml nicotine strength.

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Get diarrhea? Eat yogurt or take a prebiotic. Any doctor or pharmacist worth their salt can tell you that. And (like my good friend Magic Mist said) drink plenty of water... not beer or wine. Those will dehydrate you further.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So it's clear. My high blood pressure came before I started vaping. It come from working a lot of high stress work, a lot of so called "sh*t" jobs. Between that, poor diet, smoking cigarettes, guzzling gallons of coffee & colas, well, ... high blood pressure was bound to come along. I'm also in part genetically predisposed to have it, as well as the same with "Old Timer's", mild touches of insanity.

Plus I'm a mutant from birth. Ha! I was like Wolverine in that I aged slower, healed quicker, wasn't bothered by toxins as much. Then, "they" tagged me and put chemical governors, which altered my genetics, in me. Bastiges! Now at near 50 I feel nearer to 100 for all the wild stuff I used to get into. As hard as I work, played twice as hard. Used to do stuff left folks picking their jaws up. Still do at times but I go a lot more careful nowadays.

Vaping & consuming too much nicotine can cause side effects like nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea or stomach ache.

Whether you vape or are considering it, it’s important to take some time to reflect on the reasons why you vape/ want to vape in the first place. This can help you make the most of your experience.

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vaping & consuming too much nicotine can cause negative side effects, including: Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or stomach ache.

Whether you currently vape or are thinking about starting, it’s important to take some time to reflect on the reasons you may choose to vape. This can help you have more of the experiences you want.
If someone has never smoked, that's one thing. For those of us that vape as a replacement for a smoking habit, that's a whole nother ball game. The anti nicotine zealot extremists will sway none of us here. They waste their time trying.

If someone has never smoked, that's one thing. For those of us that vape as a replacement for a smoking habit, that's a whole nother ball game. The anti nicotine zealot extremists will sway none of us here. They waste their time trying.
Lady Sarah, vaping does have side effects and stomach ache from vaping surely is a serious concern.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Stomach ache isn't really a serious concern in and of itself. Yes, it could indicate further issues. Though it might just be from eating too much horseradish on a turkey sandwich. I think the point @Lady Sarah was making was, those with experience of smoking and using nicotine, will know better what is something serious over what may not be.

There's many on this forum who have years of nicotine use. Vaping got us away from the more harmful aspects of that, and now those zealous that no one should use nicotine at all try scaring us. And these efforts are wasted because we know better via experience.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lady Sarah, vaping does have side effects and stomach ache from vaping surely is a serious concern.
Did you know that the sun can cause skin cancer? Did you also know that you can actually get sick if you never go out into the sunlight?

Oh, what ever are you going to do, bubble boy?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Did you know that the sun can cause skin cancer? Did you also know that you can actually get sick if you never go out into the sunlight?

There's even people like me who go out into the sun a fair bit. We need the vitamin D it provides bad enough we take extra vitamin D supplements.

Even got prescription for a once a week large 500,000 unit dose and daily 2,000 unit dose. The extra is needed because due to taking testosterone and the congenital medical issue I face, bones thin.

Yeah, pretty much any more breathing can cause cancer. Nicotine use for me is a dependency in that it seems to make me feel a little better, emotionally, mentally. It's not much but I feel I still need it, weather I do, or don't is a moot point to me.

I used nicotine roughly 35+ years in the form, of rubbing snuff, chewing tobacco, smoking. Vaping reduces about 98% of risks tobacco carried. Yes there are still risks. Not denying that. Can say though those risks can be mitigated by common sense.

Frustrating seeing people trying to convert others who think differently to how they think. Should be realized that's a no win battle. You (general case you as in anyone) will think what you will no matter what I do or say. Yes, I could stop you from that but then that requires me over stating my rights to impede yours. It also likely would require lethal force.

No, I don't think that's a road I'll walk. Rather live and let live, thanks. :)

Vengeance or justification can then find us both and serve me justice by seeing vengeance befall you (again general case you) for thinking you know best for me. It's called karma. What goes 'round, comes 'round.

VU Sponsors