Become a Patron!

Vaping could expose you to higher levels of nicotine and cancer toxins than regular cigarettes

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So....just how many cancer-ridden vapers have popped up to back this "research"?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Vaping could expose you to higher levels of nicotine and cancer toxins than regular cigarettes
Holy SHit!!!!!! These things are bad for ya? I thought they had Vitamin C in them and stuff!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This article starts off with an interesting item of potential concern - "a cancer-causing toxin - tobacco-specific nitrosamine NNK."

It then completely drops the ball, not providing any background on the one tenet of the story that could give it raison d'etre, no links, no explanation, nothing, before degenerating into hogwash.

As a professional journalist, I frequently have to boil complex issues down into 300-word "bite size" posts, but putting forward a claim like that without attempting to explain it or (if I'm lazy) back-linking to an explainer would result in a shitcanned submission and a finger-wagging e-mail from the boss...and I'm a local alt-newsweekly, not f'in Yahoo News...

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the title makes me want to say Standing at the bus stop in the city could get you run over by the bus.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow , well I'm sold it's back to cigs for me.......a guy on the subway said that vaping was dangerous....

VU Sponsors