Vaping - Safer than cigarettes?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Since you really don't know what's in it, and it's unregulated, when it does get tested you are seeing all of these carcinogens," Rettmann said.

^ ^ ^ ^
THIS ties up the article in a big red bow. THIS is the part they're worried about. The rest are just wasted words/time.
Regulation = $$$$$$

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"There is absolutely no evidence that an e-cigarette helps you quit smoking," said Rettmann, an expert in pulmonary and critical care medicine. "They still have nicotine in them. Nicotine is extremely addictive. Trading one awful habit for a less awful habit is still awful."
So trading regular Coca Cola for Diet Coca Cola is still considered awful too...
How about we BAN and REGULATE all soda related products because DIET does not make it safer!

Get your laws and regulations and go regulate something that matters!

Benzene, cadmium, isoprene, lead, nickel, formaldehyde, acetaldehyde and toluene.
Oh, really now!?
Is this about as safe for us as let's say McDonalds french fries?
McDonald's French fries also contain canola oil, soybean oil and hydrogenated soybean oil along with a natural beef flavoring that is made with derivatives from wheat and milk, meaning that McDonald's French fries are not wheat or dairy free. Citric acid, a preservative derived from citric fruit, dextrose (sugar), and a chemical to maintain color called sodium acid pyrophosphate, and salt are also added.

The hydrogenated soybean oil contains TBHQ or tertiary butylhydroquinone, a type of butane that can have side effects such as nausea, vomiting and lowered estrogen levels. To defoam the oil, dimethylpolysiloxane is used. Dimethylpolysiloxane is a defoaming agent made from silicone. A silicon-based polymer, dimethylpolysiloxane is an ingredient in the toy, Silly putty.

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So we should trade the awful nicotine addiction of cigs and ecigs and use a patch instead? LOL

When I went to Kaiser I just told them I'd quite smoking - I never mentioned vaping.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I didn't fare well with the patch. Couldn't keep the damn thing lit...... ;)

I had a hard time squeezing the nicotine out and getting it in to the tiny hole in the 30ml eliquid bottle.:D

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've seen double barrel, redneck idiots cut pain patches into pieces and chew on them, maybe that's what I should have done with the nic patches....:confused:....lol!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I've seen double barrel, redneck idiots cut pain patches into pieces and chew on them, maybe that's what I should have done with the nic patches....:confused:....lol!

I've seen them squeeze the goo out and stick it up their nose.
In fact that patch killed my best friend at MY birthday party about a decade ago.
I haven't had a happy birthday since then because i was the last person to see my best friend alive then I had to explain to his Mother why her son is dead and i'm not.
Fucking Fetanyl:(

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've seen them squeeze the goo out and stick it up their nose.
In fact that patch killed my best friend at MY birthday party about a decade ago.
I haven't had a happy birthday since then because i was the last person to see my best friend alive then I had to explain to his Mother why her son is dead and i'm not.
Fucking Fetanyl
:(
Wow.....that's pain. :(

VU Sponsors