Become a Patron!

Vaping stores told not to sell devices to non-smokers, as survey reveals 90% are flouting little

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Vaping stores told not to sell devices to non-smokers, as survey reveals 90% are flouting little-known rules

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-not-sell-devices-non-smokers-survey-reveals/

This is a pretty stupid rule.

So what?

If I didn't smoke but wanted to vape anyway would I have to buy a pack of cigarettes and purposely choke one down in front of the vape shops window or do I just lie to the guy at the vape shops register?

How about online?

Does the UK's laptops have a special feature that doesn't let me buy from a vape site unless I smoke?

How about this:

Make it a law that you can not buy REAL CIGARETTES unless you can prove that you already smoke!

Maybe that would help solve the REAL problem. - 5150

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is so fucking stupid, there are just no words. "Go get yourself addicted to cigarettes... then, if you're still interested in vaping, you can buy a vape." HOW DID SO MANY SUB-NORMAL-IQ CRETINS GET TO BE IN CHARGE OF ANYTHING??????????????????

Andria

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yeah saw this on my BBC news feed as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39523857

The part I didn't like was advising a non smoker to use 6mg nic level unfortunately there are some muppets out there willing to make money off anyone

On the flip side other stores advised customers not to start in the first place if they are a non smoker

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah saw this on my BBC news feed as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39523857

The part I didn't like was advising a non smoker to use 6mg nic level unfortunately there are some muppets out there willing to make money off anyone

On the flip side other stores advised customers not to start in the first place if they are a non smoker

Yeah, that's worked SO well, with smoking. IDIOTS. They just can't seem to get it thru their thick empty heads that people are going to do whatever the hell they WANT to do, and nothing any nanny says MAKES A BIT OF DIFFERENCE except to piss people off!!! I FUCKING HATE PURITANS AND BUSYBODIES AND CONTROL-FREAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, that's worked SO well, with smoking. IDIOTS. They just can't seem to get it thru their thick empty heads that people are going to do whatever the hell they WANT to do, and nothing any nanny says MAKES A BIT OF DIFFERENCE except to piss people off!!! I FUCKING HATE PURITANS AND BUSYBODIES AND CONTROL-FREAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andria

I wish you would stop beating around the bush and explain to us what it is you really fucking hate :giggle:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
If you had a shop though and a non smoker walked in and said I want to give it a go what nic level would you advise?

I personally would say 0 nic to start with see how you get on not 6mg thats not being a nanny state that just the right thing to do

I'd also give them a run down of the costs associated with following enablers on vaping underground ;)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you had a shop though and a non smoker walked in and said I want to give it a go what nic level would you advise?

I personally would say 0 nic to start with see how you get on not 6mg thats not being a nanny state that just the right thing to do

I'd also give them a run down of the costs associated with following enablers on vaping underground ;)

I'd probably do the same, unless they said there was some reason why they actually wanted to vape nicotine -- even if the reason was just "for the buzz" or "relaxation" or whatever -- it's perfectly legal. But if they weren't a smoker and still wanted to vape a low level of nic, I'd suggest 3mg, and advise them of the symptoms of nic OD to look out for; nobody enjoys nausea/vomiting. Well except those bulimic freaks.

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
all this bullshit is based on the idea that nicotine is the addictive aspect of smoking..it isn't...it is much easier to kick vaping than it is smoking.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
all this bullshit is based on the idea that nicotine is the addictive aspect of smoking..it isn't...it is much easier to kick vaping than it is smoking.

I think this particular bullshit is based on the idea that vaping is for smoking cessation and smoking cessation only which is ludicrous.

Vaping is just as much a replacement for tobacco experimentation as it is a replacement for smoking.

Vaping is and will be the reason that rebellious teens DON'T get hooked on nicotine and have to deal with a lifelong addiction and/or smoking related disease and death as adults from this point forward.

That is as long as these puritans don't fuck it up with bullshit rules. (like the one in this article)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think this particular bullshit is based on the idea that vaping is for smoking cessation and smoking cessation only which is ludicrous.

Vaping is just as much a replacement for tobacco experimentation as it is a replacement for smoking.

Vaping is and will be the reason that rebellious teens DON'T get hooked on nicotine and have to deal with a lifelong addiction and/or smoking related disease and death as adults from this point forward.

That is as long as these puritans don't fuck it up with bullshit rules. (like the one in this article)

Totally 1000% agree... which is why I think that "18 and up only" crap is also total bullshit.

Andria

VU Sponsors