Become a Patron!

vaping survey - please participate

Hello!
We are a group of students from the University of Washington, Human Centered Design and Engineering undergraduate program.

We're currently working on a project to research and discover the motivations and goals of e-cigarette users.
Our goal is to create a tool that will help e-cigarette users with a tool to make product comparisons useful, meaningful, and effective.

We'd like to invite the members of the vaping community to participate in a brief survey to help us continue our research.It should take less than 5 minutes and your feedback will greatly improve the quality of our research.

Feel free to email me and I can send you a link to the survey.

https://www.esurveycreator.com/s/c37cd85

Thank you in advance!
Chip Connor
UW - HCDE Student

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Done. One suggestion though, the question on where I would purchase my next ecig or juice did not list 'local vape shop' in the options. I wrote it in manually, but I think that will be a very common answer and should be a check box. Good luck with your research.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Done.

Is this study more geared toward marketing for companies or vape use in general?

We're in the human centered design & engineering department at University of Washington. We're actually investigating how users in various settings get and use information. We're not marketing or making products. This is purely academic research.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you are curious where people are getting their info that influence buying decisions, then you should also ask about blogs, reviewers, and forums they use to gather their info from.

For me, I use these things to get other's take on something I may be buying (mods or atties).

Some use these sources for juices, but taste is very subjective. Finding a reviewer with these same taste as you is finding a needle in a haystack.

VapingKicksAsh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Done, I enjoyed that. As for the government having their hand out, I feel strongly against that. Then again anyway they can make money they will do so.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Done. Very strange survey.

Odd questions.

Can't think of what you are hoping to achieve.

D

Donald Bickers

done,,,,,,,why does it want you to take more surveys and get paid for it
like I have never seen this before
looks a little shifty to me,,,JMO

done,,,,,,,why does it want you to take more surveys and get paid for it
like I have never seen this before
looks a little shifty to me,,,JMO

Thanks for participating, Don!
The company that hosts this survey offers the service for free to university students. Most likely because I'm not paying, they are trying to recruit people for other researchers that will pay.

Whether you realized it or not, you hit on an incredibly interesting topic within research. Surveys themselves are one of the fastest and cheapest methods of research and therefore invested participants (people who authentically respond with sincerity) are highly sought after. So much so, that there are companies actually willing to pay them. As a student, I can't afford to pay for research, but.... those opportunities do exist.

We were just discussing Amazon's "Mechanical Turk" service in class the other day. It's an interesting topic because it's chocked full of ethical implications. If you're interested... check it out. https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

Thanks again, Don!

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did the survey.

Have to wonder though,
Since you are from the University of Washington, does the decision to do the survey have anything to do with the looming threat of Washing banning the manufacture and sale of E-Cig products?

Did the survey.

Have to wonder though,
Since you are from the University of Washington, does the decision to do the survey have anything to do with the looming threat of Washing banning the manufacture and sale of E-Cig products?

That's a good question, Zaroba. No, actually it didn't. I'm taking a user research class. We are self-selecting the area of research. I've learned a lot about the issue here in Washington, but as far as I've investigated, there hasn't been a threat of an all-out banning of e-cigarettes. Perhaps you've come across some news about this? I can attest to multiple attempts from the state to gain up to a 95% taxation imposed. For my purposes, I'm attempting to discover areas that might improve consumer/user insight and how to make comparison more transparent.

Thanks for the question, Zaroba!

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
didnt see much pertaining to motivations and goals in the survey...
what motivates most of us is vaping is a safer alternative for our nicotine addiction...
our goal is to keep it that way...

driver379

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Done. Good luck with your research.

VU Sponsors