Become a Patron!

VAPING WILL BE GONE ~ Support HR2058 ~ 10/27/15

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is serious. Stay close to CASAA or Not Blowing Smoke on FB. There appears to be intention to begin restrictions as early as this coming Janurary begiining with eliquids. "Restrictions" means ban. This includes zero nic. I don't support fear mongering, but I don't think this is. DIY will not be an option the way the draft is worded. Basically a cotton ball will be illegal if found inside an atty. Selective enforcement. No more vaping in your car or in public.

DIY is targeted. I'm not sure even head shops will be able to keep their vaporizing gear if it can be modified. I don't think anyone predicted the level of aniimosity towards vaping that ANTZ appears to have. They are not reasonable, not logical and not open to compromise. They want it all off the market and gone. They are murderers and know it.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This is serious. Stay close to CASAA or Not Blowing Smoke on FB. There appears to be intention to begin restrictions as early as this coming Janurary begiining with eliquids. "Restrictions" means ban. This includes zero nic. I don't support fear mongering, but I don't think this is. DIY will not be an option the way the draft is worded. Basically a cotton ball will be illegal if found inside an atty. Selective enforcement.

DIY is targeted. I'm not sure even head shops will be able to keep their vaporizing gear if it can be modified. I don't think anyone predicted the level of aniimosity towards vaping that ANTZ appears to have. They are not reasonable, not logical and not open to compromise. They want it all off the market and gone. They are murderers and know it.
I knw it may sound like Im acting against what your saying but who is going to enforce this if it does pass? I understand juice may be restricted but DIY will still be a thing, just harder to find the liquids/flavorings. Cops wont enforce this, unless they hate you and need a reason to come down on you...
I am very worried about the documents and what will pass or not, I have signed and called and emailed everyone I an reach...just hope everyone follows the same pattern.

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why wouldn't a cop enforce it if they see you vaping in your car? It'd be another traffic stop. That's what I mean by selective enforcement is it only applies after you've been caught, however there is wording that anything with the use of vaporizing liquids or can be altered to vaporizing liquids, can be banned from sale, i.e. made illegal. The wording is unusually broad and general. It makes humidifiers and fog machines illegal if they are altered to use as 'vaporizers'. IMO, if you are caught with a mod or have a garage workdesk that looks like you work on mods, they could throw the book at you for every screw and washer used. No it's not "sane". But it makes something simple like rebuilding coils very risky.

They may not go after individual vapers with house searches, but if they hear someone is making eliquids and passing them out to friends, that's something they might go after as if they were running a **** lab. All it takes is for a credit card company to report that so and so bought a unusual number of 510 connections, wire or something else specific to ecigs. That person had better have a cover story. Make a lot of soap, etc.

They want to prevent a black market from developing and IMO, it appears the FDA took all of our comments to develop regulations to do just that. Seriously, "dry herbs" are more legal than ecigs per the final draft.

Have you read the draft? It's chilling. AVA on FB has links to it. Other places do too. The scary thing now is hearing they intend to speed up the timeline and there may not be a grandfather exception. That's new. I don't want to get into that because it's UNCONFIRMED. CASAA on FB is another resource.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO JOIN CASAA.

Last edited:

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will also say I've been very impressed with the fight CASAA is doing even if they don't make headlines. They are on top of this shit daily, 24/7. The higher their numbers are, the more authority they have. Even non smoking supporters need to join.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will also say I've been very impressed with the fight CASAA is doing even if they don't make headlines. They are on top of this shit daily, 24/7. The higher their numbers are, the more authority they have. Even non smoking supporters need to join.

Really? What have they done?

MySaladDays

Member For 4 Years
DIY will not be an option
a cotton ball will be illegal if found inside an atty.
No more vaping in your car or in public.
Why wouldn't a cop enforce it if they see you vaping in your car?
It makes humidifiers and fog machines illegal if they are altered to use as 'vaporizers'.

f you are caught with a mod or have a garage workdesk that looks like you work on mods, they could throw the book at you for every screw and washer used. .
it makes something simple like rebuilding coils very risky.

No it's not "sane"

No offense, but either is your post. Read thru it.

You seem to have written a Stephen King type novella here. Except Stephen King made up stories, they aren't real.

I see nothing at all like this happening....not even close. Sorry.

Where are you getting this stuff from? Not CASAA.....at least, I hope not.

Last edited:

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you read the leaked draft?
Your right, I took the extreme view. My point was that it's worded so general that it could happen. No one knows if it well, but ithey can.

ZFtb8FD
http://imgur.com/ZFtb8FD
http://imgur.com/hF2vrln
http://imgur.com/ocP8eJQ

I don't know why those didn't load as images but it's too late to fuss with.
All I can say is if you think you can do better then do it.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors