Become a Patron!

Vaporesso Armour S - review by FranknChill

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hello and salutations from sunny Spain.

Today i will be reviewing the Armour S from Vaporesso that was sent to me by my friends over at Sourcemore for the purposes of this review.

main main.JPG

Not wanting to deviate from the way i do things i will start with some visual aids,a quick peek will tell you a lot about the device i will be reviewing today.

colors.JPG
contents.JPG
size.JPGitank.JPGcoils.JPGpower modes.JPG

Unboxing and first impressions:

Vaporesso never fails to deliver with a well packaged product,not high end but it is done well.

I was lucky to get the kit in black which is my favorite color,this is one of the mods i like i mean it is big,bulky and sturdy and that is my jam.

I got big hands so holding on to the mod just feels right,top of the mod the iTank 2 is a snug fit.
The iTank 2 has a diameter of 24.5 mm and i am guessing you could get away with putting on a 25mm atty on top,didn't have one at the moment so all this is conjecture at this point.

The capacity of the ''straight'' glass is 4.5ml and the spare bubble glass that is included in the kit has a capacity of 8ml,the previous 4.5ml capacity goes down to 2ml if you're in a country with TPD.

In the front of the mod you have a color .96” TFT display and if I'm being honest just looks plain tiny compared to the actual size of the mod,will discuss this later.
In the bottom back part of the mod you have a switch to open the battery compartment door where you can use a 18650 battery (using the sleeve included in the kit) or a 21700 battery.

The button does require a hard press so i don't see anyone ''accidentally'' opening the battery door by mistake.
Battery goes in and out without a hitch and each time you close the battery door it remains in its place with no wiggle whatsoever.

Ok so while i am priming the coil and filling the tank i will go over some of the menu functions of this mod:

-Press the fire button 5X to turn the device on/off
-Press the fire button 3X to enter the menu
-Once in the menu, the following modes of operation are available. F(t), Pulse, ECO, TC-Ni/SS/Ti
-System set gives access to Smart, Themes, Brightness, Puffs, TCR lock, Default, and Versions options.

Vaping time:

Ok so the coil has been soaking up my e-liquid of choice (Shiva from A&L,70/30,6mg of nic) so its time to give it a try.
As usual i start at low wattage and with each 2 or 3 puffs i bring up the wattage by 5 watts,i like to break in my coils for longer life expectancy.

Truth be told i was a long time users of the GTi coils but i stopped using them as my daily coils because of really bad quality control.
Knowing i was going to review this device i bought a pack of 5 coils (0.4 ohms) so i could see if Vaporesso worked to improve their QC and i gotta say they sure did,no duds with the coils and ohm readings were on point.

The wattage for the 0.4 ohm coil is 50 to 60 watts but i settled down at 44 watts with 2/3 of the airflow closed and let me tell you this is one awesome vape.

The response of the fire button is instantaneous and my vaping sessions with the Armor S are just ''almost'' perfect.
Why do i say almost? Well i am not a fan of 3 things,screen too small,opening system for refilling the tank and the fire button which also doubles as a lock fire button.

The screen is just sooo small....with this much real estate (its a big mod) a 0.96 screen is just way too small.
The button to open the tank so you can refill is not my favourite,i have always been of the idea that if it ain't broke,don't fix it.
The usual OG twist and lift is still a viable way to use for your tank filling needs,don't see the reason why they had to do this.

And the fire button...honestly i firmly believe that the fire button should just do that,be used to Fire.
The locking feature added to the fire button just makes me not want to use this mod,and let me tell you this is hard for me because i really do love this kit,i mean it performs admirable but the fire button just makes it awkward for me to use.

-Pros

-Design and aesthetics are really good
-Vape experience out of this word
-Even if the device doesn't have an IP rating i am willing to bet it can feel no pain if dropped on the floor/ground
-GTi coils taking back their place in the panteon of coils i use on a daily basis

-Cons

Now these cons are hard to talk about,i mean they are not really cons but just my personal preference when it comes to some of the features of design choices of this kit.
The fire button? yeah no i don't like it,fire button should just be used for firing the mod.
Screen is way too small for such a big mod
iTank 2 filling system? over engineered,keep it simple Vaporesso....twist the top and voila! fill the tank.

Would i recommend this device?

That is a hard question to answer,on the one hand you have a kit that operates like a dream and it delivers and beautiful vaping experience...on that alone hell yeah i would recommend this kit.

Personally well the 3 issues i have (tank fill system,screen size and multipurpose fire button) is a deal breaker for me but that is just me.
If you have no problem with the 3 issues i mentioned before then yeah go ahead and get this kit right away because it is totally worth it.

If you're interested in this kit you can find it here:

https://www.sourcemore.com/vaporesso-armour-s-kit.html

If you use the code VASK you will get a hefty discount :)

Well that is it for today folks.
Thanks to my friends at Sourcemore for sending me this product so i could review it and thanks to everyone who took the time to read this review.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors