Become a Patron!

Vaporesso GTX coils

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got a new toy (Vaporesso Target PM80 SE) It came with a 0.6 and a 0.2 ohm coil. The 0.6 is a nice Loose MTL (I got a pack of those and a couple extra pods when I made the order) The 0.2 is a bit much for me so... I have two choices: 0.3 or 0.4 ohm coils. Has anyone tried either of these? I want restricted DL (I'm not interested in any of the MTL coils above 0.6 ohm)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unless someone chimes in soon, I'm going to try some of the 0.3 ohm coils.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
The wide coils leak like sieves...just a heads up, i would stick to the narrow topped ones, imho

(Unless they have improved them further since after the triple seal)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No leaks so far. I did trip out when I saw how some coils go inside the top tube (narrow top) and others go around the tube (wide) Thanks for the heads up... I will order only one 5 pack and see if I have issues.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
It may be device specific, the pm80 had leakage probs for a number of reasons.

The pm40 still remains a great choice imho for those coils, i dont really know the newer stuff

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The pm40 still remains a great choice imho for those coils, i dont really know the newer stuff
It's kinda ironic... I found a good deal on the PM40 (and needed some more GTX coils) so made another order (8 vape) It will be my "carry around" vape.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
even though vaporesso make a big deal of it, i do not find a huge difference. except at higher wattage. i am getting tired of buying them and finding out is f@@ked, and yes i contacted them and yes it was a waste of time.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
U will dig the pm40, never had any leaks with the narrow coils, get a bunch of extra pods for it cuz the seals and the cap will evetually get strecthed from clicking on and off, but my one or 2 pods lasted me over a year until i just lost the device, lol

Ill find it someday maybe, and maybe the battery will still be good.

I will go as far to say that despite its non replaceable battery, imho it remains the best device vaporesso put out for those coils. Proper battery, proper drag, proper capacity, and type c (iirc), just a really good match for the .6 and .8 coils, and it produces PLENTY of vaper on those coils, believe me

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I tried the 0.3 ohm coils and like them (in the PM80 SE)
Not a surprise to me seeing you like the .30 Ω coils for restricted direct lung vaping. When that's what I'm set upon doing, I'll try to stay with .30 to .35 Ω. It seems to be a good sweet spot for a lot of folks. I've tried down to .20 or .25 Ω and found the vapor gets to be too physically hot to enjoy.

Some may argue I'm not building or air flow controlling properly. It's a machine and ought to be standard, as in the same for all. If, say, @nadalama can build a .25 coil, instruct me on how she did. I follow instructions yet mine is hot vapor & hers cool vapor, it's not standard.

This argument is similar to one I had with the wife over using the dishwasher. "It's a machine made specifically to wash dishes. There ought not be some 'magic secret way' you need to load it to wash dishes. It doesn't wash dishes. I'll keep handwashing, thanks." No need paying the extra electric bill for something not doing what it's made to do.

In like manner, it ought not matter how I build a .25 coil, it ought to give me cool vapor if it does that for @anyone_else. If it doesn't, why bother using the .25 coils? Granted, yes, I may still be fouling something. My point is, though, there shouldn't be some 'magic secret way' to it. Not as it's all been built, made to be standard, anymore.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I follow instructions yet mine is hot vapor & hers cool vapor, it's not standard.
That's subjective M3. I figured out years ago that what is a nice warm vape for a whole bunch of folks is a volcano to me. Likewise my vape is stone cold to them. No such thing as a subjective standard.

;)

Edit: duh, I get it now. You are saying there is no standard. Get the context and stop reading so fast Bob..

:snapoutofit:

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That's subjective M3. I figured out years ago that what is a nice warm vape for a whole bunch of folks is a volcano to me. Likewise my vape is stone cold to them. No such thing as a subjective standard.

;)

Me, too, Bob. It took me what seemed like forever to get to the point that I could tolerate what most people would consider "a little heat."

I think M3 is referring to a staged coil I had put in an Elder Dragon that made its way to him a couple of years ago. I could deal with a coil with lower resistance in the Elder Dragon, because the RDA itself is pretty tall and the heat is just further away. If I had put that same coil in a short RDA, or in an RDA with a really short dt, it would have burned my face off. Very tiny RDAs (Tobhino and VA Radius V2, for example) are the same way.

I've built my new Asgard Mini at 0.24 ohms, but that's using 2-26awg SS spaced coils @3.5mm, and running at 45 watts. It's warm but certainly not hot, and to me is a very pleasant vape with just enough oomph to it. I'm running it on the black-on-black Therion, and it's working great.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Me, too, Bob. It took me what seemed like forever to get to the point that I could tolerate what most people would consider "a little heat."

I think M3 is referring to a staged coil I had put in an Elder Dragon that made its way to him a couple of years ago. I could deal with a coil with lower resistance in the Elder Dragon, because the RDA itself is pretty tall and the heat is just further away. If I had put that same coil in a short RDA, or in an RDA with a really short dt, it would have burned my face off. Very tiny RDAs (Tobhino and VA Radius V2, for example) are the same way.

I've built my new Asgard Mini at 0.24 ohms, but that's using 2-26awg SS spaced coils @3.5mm, and running at 45 watts. It's warm but certainly not hot, and to me is a very pleasant vape with just enough oomph to it. I'm running it on the black-on-black Therion, and it's working great.
Took me awhile too, years ago. Kept thinking I was missing something. Tried large mass fancy coils, dual coils, high power, etc. Always ended up with a volcano. Couldn't understand at the time how anyone could vape like that. I was duplicating their gear and builds but I was also duplicating their preference.
As I chewed through gear and worked every variable I came to the conclusion that for DL I am a single coil 40-45 watt squonker. Nothing more, nothing less.
Someone on VU said the reward for taking your journey is you get to ignore everything else. That works for me.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Edit: duh, I get it now. You are saying there is no standard. Get the context and stop reading so fast Bob..

Well, that and the fact that manufactures have all gone the way of "our design fits vaping standard models", "our design will work with any coil you build" and so on. All the 'gear' seems to have 'matured' into a standard hm, rut? Groove? Plateau? "Way of being"?

imho, this all started about the time we consumers got flooded with the Velocity style decks on RDAs & RTAs. Then, Goons come along with something a bit different, yet it was still the same old same vaping experience. "Oh wow, you use clamp bars to hold wire in Goons, neat." "What does it vape like?" "A Velocity deck."

• Tank: Here you go, buddy; "Breakfast of Champions."
  • Mouse: If you close your eyes, it almost feels like you're eating runny eggs.
  • Apoc: Yeah, or a bowl of snot.
  • Mouse: Do you know what it really reminds me of? Tasty Wheat. Did you ever eat Tasty Wheat?
  • Switch: No, but technically, neither did you.
  • Mouse: That's exactly my point. Exactly. Because you have to wonder: how do the machines know what Tasty Wheat tasted like? Maybe they got it wrong. Maybe what I think Tasty Wheat tasted like actually tasted like oatmeal, or tuna fish. That makes you wonder about a lot of things. You take chicken, for example: maybe they couldn't figure out what to make chicken taste like, which is why chicken tastes like everything.
  • Apoc: Shut up, Mouse.

Yep, if it was all standard, then any coil made by anyone would do the exact same for everyone. The fact that it doesn't, leaves us right back at subjectivity, where there is no standard, as you correctly surmise.

Hell yeah, --- > Omnia sicut pullus gustat. Chicken tastes like everything.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
On a side note: with my other setup (Vaporesso Revenger X with NRG tank) I use 0.15 coils (dual mesh) rated for 50+ watts. I use them at 45 watts (nice and cool) and am quite happy with that. Even the 0.6 ohm coils I use in another device (with smart wattage) defaults to 22 watts (MTL)... I drop it to 21 watts. You wouldn't think one watt would make a difference but at 22 I feel it's slightly hot.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I have mostly the .6 and .8 coils and i vape them around 20 watts for a coolish vape with lots of vapor.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have mostly the .6 and .8 coils and i vape them around 20 watts for a coolish vape with lots of vapor.

On most of the mechanical mods I use:

* I build coils between .30 to .50, mostly steering toward .35 Ω.
* The mean average I push those coils is ~25 W. Top end with
a freshly charged and rested 18650 battery is ~28 W. It drops to ~22 W and then gets swapped and recharged. I do this to leave ~20% charge on a battery, something called "headspace". It helps preserve battery life and avoids booms.

These are estimates. I have compared against regulated mods, and an oHm meter during building, through random checks during vaping. I've done it enough to have it down as a "feel". Still, if I have a doubt, test it out.

I take 5 to 10 second draws, not really timed. Sometimes I know I'm closer to 2 second draws, on average I'd say probably runs about 4 to 6 seconds. Then, I also draw off the leftover vapor as well. The leftover I don't count, as I'm not "firing".

I use restricted direct lung as my style. I sometimes make vape circles just for giggles. Likewise, I sit in this room being a 10' x 12' room and fill half of it with cloud on average. Although more than not, I might only fill one quarter of the room. I like clouds, yes, but there's more to it than that for me. I vape as an alternate way to use nicotine.

I also rub snuff for the nicotine reason. Sometimes I just don't feel like vaping. Other times maybe it's bronchitis, or some crud, lower cased c crud, not The Crud. I like rubbing at work for its ease of use, little more acceptability. Yes, oddly enough, rubbing is more acceptable.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
On most of the mechanical mods I use:

* I build coils between .30 to .50, mostly steering toward .35 Ω.
* The mean average I push those coils is ~25 W. Top end with
a freshly charged and rested 18650 battery is ~28 W. It drops to ~22 W and then gets swapped and recharged. I do this to leave ~20% charge on a battery, something called "headspace". It helps preserve battery life and avoids booms.

These are estimates. I have compared against regulated mods, and an oHm meter during building, through random checks during vaping. I've done it enough to have it down as a "feel". Still, if I have a doubt, test it out.

I take 5 to 10 second draws, not really timed. Sometimes I know I'm closer to 2 second draws, on average I'd say probably runs about 4 to 6 seconds. Then, I also draw off the leftover vapor as well. The leftover I don't count, as I'm not "firing".

I use restricted direct lung as my style. I sometimes make vape circles just for giggles. Likewise, I sit in this room being a 10' x 12' room and fill half of it with cloud on average. Although more than not, I might only fill one quarter of the room. I like clouds, yes, but there's more to it than that for me. I vape as an alternate way to use nicotine.

I also rub snuff for the nicotine reason. Sometimes I just don't feel like vaping. Other times maybe it's bronchitis, or some crud, lower cased c crud, not The Crud. I like rubbing at work for its ease of use, little more acceptability. Yes, oddly enough, rubbing is more acceptable.
Whats rubbing?

I get lots a phlegm buildup often, but i am sure its due to allergies and not staying hydrated. I dont cough its just like a constand need to clear my throat (kinda gross sound tho) i did find going from 100%vg to 85%vg helped slightly (anecdotally). Someone had mentioned someone who had the same prob so i decided to try it myself.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Whats rubbing?

You've probably heard it called dipping. Here in WV, it's sometimes called rubbing snuff. Same thing as dipping snuff. Pack a bit in between lower front lip and gum, let it work up a spit, spit. Some swallow, or use a difficult to learn technique to keep a mouth dry yet occasionally spit, or spit little dryer bits of snuff out as it settles in.

I get bronchitis, it seems annually. In that period of about two weeks, I cannot vape. The vapor seems to inflame my lungs the same as smoking and leaves me unable to breathe for coughing. Also got allergies kept in check by Zertek, Flo-Nase. The Flo-Nase helps mitigate post nasal drip, phlegm.

Last edited:

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Ohhh, yeah, i know dip from when i was a kid. Made me sick.

Thats actually my worry about using non synthetic tobacco for vaping, because mouth and throat cancer are well known as a result of that.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ohhh, yeah, i know dip from when i was a kid. Made me sick.
I was five years old. A friend introduced me to Cope-In-With-It snuff, you can get the brand name from that, not glamorizing it. "This is what uncle does to work." The friend, same age, told me. So we went to work, which also implied we rubbed our snuff.

A couple of years later, a grandfather introduced me Triangle snuff, it was powdered, again you ought to get the name. He snorted it up his nose. I did likewise. Now, that made me feel giddy, but I never really got sick from snuff. I got sick once off Forest-Nut chewing tobacco, and once off raw tobacco. I've chewed Green Horse plug tobacco since, it is a good chew.

You're correct a lot of risk with chewing, dipping. Rather not rub snuff, but there's real viable alternate, at least not one to satisfy a country boy who has used snuff close to 45 years. I know there are alternates, have tried quite a few. None just seem to hit that "itch". Vaping can keep me from smoking, save for the rare cigarette.

Nothing keeps me from rubbing snuff. Except maybe lack of funds. But then, I go work ... get money to rub.

One thing I thought of, though. There is very little to no risk using tobacco for nicotine for vaping. The nicotine is refined out, and nicotine itself isn't carcinogenic. The carcinogens in cigarettes and commercially processed tobaccos come from the added chemicals used to process and stabilize the nicotine, to boost the "kick" users get from it. For example, one major cigarette producer admitted to using ammonia in cigarettes to enhance the nicotine.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors