Become a Patron!

Vaporesso has a new kit coming. It looks pretty tough.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll be getting it for review soon but it looks interesting. They're marketing it as the world's first all around protected vaping kit. The tank doesn't use glass and has a some type of protector for the drip tip. A sleeve maybe? I love those.

I'll post a bunch of pictures below.
Screenshot_20200925-093911(1).png
Screenshot_20200925-094130(1).png
Screenshot_20200925-094018(1).png

spec.png

mobile-specs-dimensions.png

The mod is very Aegis Solo like and looks have the same styled battery cover.
mobile-specs-explode-mod.png

Screenshot_20200925-093939(1)(1).png
Exploded view of the tank-
mobile-specs-explode-tank.png

Screw on and off cap, which I prefer over sliders.
coil-replacing.gif

Plug and pull coils like their Cascade tank-
filling.gif

Screenshot_20200925-094054(1).png

Some features-
Screenshot_20200925-094312(1).png

They also have a Forz RDA but it might be a separate purchase. When I first saw it I got excited for a new squonk mod but no word yet about any of those.
Screenshot_20200925-094210(1).png

What I think-
I want one. But I think most of us would have liked a single 21700 kit. It would've made this so much better. The coils are asking for a lot of wattage from a single 18650. Maybe they have plans to make a bigger one. For now, I would love to check this one out. The mods look cool but I really want to inspect that tank and use it. An Aegis-Solo-alike with an Axon chip sounds pretty good to though. That's it I guess. If I posted this preview in the wrong section, can please move it for it for me?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I saw this the other day and my first thoughts were it's looks great but why no 21700? It would boost sales of this by double, IMO.
It will be interesting to hear about the battery life.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I saw this the other day and my first thoughts were it's looks great but why no 21700? It would boost sales of this by double, IMO.
Yes exactly! They're just much better cells especially for a single battery device. Let's hope this is the first of a series of mods. Single 21700 mods are hot right now though. People who haven't used them should check one out. The one thing single 18650 mods are better at is size. They're usually smaller and more compact or whatever.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Imo, Vaporesso needs to re-issue the Armour Pro. That thing is a tiny but wonderful little beast. A single 21700 for even the smallest hands.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Imo, Vaporesso needs to re-issue the Armour Pro. That thing is a tiny but wonderful little beast. A single 21700 for even the smallest hands.
Never heard of it. It sure doesn't look like much, but then some of the best working mods don't. I like the size. After a few hits on a search MadVapes has them for $55.

Gooo Frankie!!! ?

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Single 18650... had my attention till i saw that.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Never heard of it. It sure doesn't look like much, but then some of the best working mods don't. I like the size. After a few hits on a search MadVapes has them for $55.

Gooo Frankie!!! ?

I'm not at all sure that I'd have been as impressed with the AP if I'd paid $55 for it. I wouldn't pay more than about $30 for a second one. Madvapes are out of their minds and their prices are atrocious.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes exactly! They're just much better cells especially for a single battery device. Let's hope this is the first of a series of mods. Single 21700 mods are hot right now though. People who haven't used them should check one out. The one thing single 18650 mods are better at is size. They're usually smaller and more compact or whatever.
My experience with 20700, 21700 single battrey mods is mechanicals. I have a Kennedy Vindicator with CC, Vindicator clone with CC, and an og Pulse. All 3 perform amazingly. Even with the Pulse voltage drop. The clone imo is a great performer, nearly or possibly as good as the authentic. But it mat be like a placebo efect. The authentic works better than the clone because it is authentic. Idk I try not to think too much. 20700 mech mods imo perform better than 18650. So... Imo provide a better vape..

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You'd be fairly surprised at how many people think the smaller size of the mod is actually much more important than having to carry around two spare 18650s rather than carry around just a single spare 21700.

EDIT: Also, a lot of people have access to a USB port the entire time so they rely on their mod's internal charging capability for maximum convenience. They don't necessarily use that to charge the battery fully... they can just top it up enough, at work or wherever they go, to make it last through the day.

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
You'd be fairly surprised at how many people think the smaller size of the mod is actually much more important than having to carry around two spare 18650s rather than carry around just a single spare 21700.

EDIT: Also, a lot of people have access to a USB port the entire time so they rely on their mod's internal charging capability for maximum convenience. They don't necessarily use that to charge the battery fully... they can just top it up enough, at work or wherever they go, to make it last through the day.
To each their own but it still doesn't make sense at that price point. But, then again I have several older, single 18650 mods and I do schlep around 2 batteries when away for more than an errand. I don't use the USB port to charge. But now that I'm drawing more power with rebuildables it does get tiresome changing them so frequently. I do, very well, see you're point.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
To each their own but it still doesn't make sense at that price point. But, then again I have several older, single 18650 mods and I do schlep around 2 batteries when away for more than an errand. I don't use the USB port to charge. But now that I'm drawing more power with rebuildables it does get tiresome changing them so frequently. I do, very well, see you're point.
Cost is always subjective. Whether a mod like the Aegis Solo is too bulky is subjective too, but the fact a shock proof, water proof, dust proof mod will always be bulkier than one that is not (all else being the same) is just a simple fact so, it's another one of those reasons why 18650s are here to stay.

Personally, I, don't mind changing out my batteries up to 4 or 5 times per day. Right now I'm still vaping on my Purge cerakoted black Side Piece Slim with the black ultem Carnage 1.5 RDA at a snazzily crackling .25 ohms... the Samsung 20S's seem to be holding up pretty excellent IMO.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I MTL. So a single 18650 is fine. However that tank is built to be vaped at 60+ watts. It does not suit the mod. Would buy just the mod though. I use my series-b DNA 75 every day because it is tiny. I use an aspire mixx for the same reason. I have a few 18350s as well. For me 21700s go on my mechs.

VU Sponsors