Become a Patron!

Vaporesso Xros 4 - Review By Ben28

Vaporesso Xros 4
Intro.png

Not long ago I tried the Xros Pro by Vaporesso. I thought it was so good that I was curious to try the new Xros 4, which came out after the Pro version. Therefore, thanks to Sourcemore, I received this new device in order to make a detailed review.

Thanks in advance to Sourcemore and Kavis for making this review possible. You can visit their website and learn more about this new Xros 4.

In addition, I bring you a surprise, Sourcemore provided me with a code (VX4K) that lowers the price to $21.69.

Combo.jpg

Features
  • 1. 3 output modes adjustment
  • 2. Compatible with XROS Pods
  • 3. Upgraded COREX 2.0 tech
  • 4. Pulse mode offers powerful output support
  • 5. All-aluminum alloy unibody design
  • 6. Considerate details bring comfort and delight
  • 7. 1000mAh battery, 2A fast charging
  • 8. Precise airflow adjustment, MTL to RDL vaping
Brand
Product Name
XROS 4 Kit
Dimensions
120.80*24*14mm
Pod Capacity
3ml
Resistance
0.4Ω/0.8Ω
Filling
Top filling
Battery Capacity
1000mAh
Charging
Type-C, 2A
Compatible Pod
The entire XROS Pod series
Charging
Type-C, 2A fast charging
Color
Black, Silver, Blue, Green, Lilac Purple, Sunset Neon, Pink Mint, Champagne Gold, Pastel Palette, Bloody Mary

Packaging
ReLens_IMG_20240711230611.jpg

The product comes in a rectangular box that combines black with green, very usual in Vaporesso, being those colors chosen in almost all new packagings. At the top we see the name of the brand, but what really catches our attention is the image of the device, which also matches the chosen color. All this superimposed on the Vaporesso logo, which remains in the background. In the lower and final part, we are given to know the name of the device, Xros 4.

ReLens_IMG_20240711230620.jpg

On the back of the box we are presented, among other things, the contents of the kit, some warnings and some contact addresses, in addition to a bar code which also specifies the color.

In the box;
1* Xros 4
1* Xros Series 0.4Ω Mesh Pod
1* Xros Series 0.8Ω Mesh Pod
1* Type-C Charging Cable
1* Reminder Card
1* User Manual

ReLens_IMG_20240711230646.jpg

When we open the box, the first thing that catches our eyes is the device, well positioned in a custom-made recess. Next to it, we find the charging cable and the spare cartridge, in this case, the 0.8Ω. On the other hand, inside the small envelope is where we find the Reminder Card and the User Manual.

The packaging of Vaporesso pleases me quite a lot, I see it elegant and well designed, everything in its pre-assigned and orderly holes.

Device Inspection
ReLens_IMG_20240711230701.jpg

The first thing I want to talk about the device is the color finish it has. I think Vaporesso has invested heavily in making the paint on their products look good because, as far as I know, on models like the Luxe, the paint would end up popping off. In this case the color is Sunset Neon, which combines a purple and yellow, which come together and create a very nice fade to see.

In the center is where all the magic is concentrated. In a clearly delimited oval area, we find both a circular button and the screen, which we will talk about later.

Finally, to mention something about the materials, in this case everything is created in an aluminum alloy, so it ensures a long and durable use of the device. In the lower part we find some branding, where we are presented with the name Vaporesso.

ReLens_IMG_20240711230723.jpg

In this small section accompanied by the photo, I will explain a little of what the screen consists of and what are the functions of the button.

First I will begin with the screen, as you can see it has a small circle that will change color as we give the puff. On the other hand, apart from its clearly decorative function, it has a useful function to show the remaining battery;

Green; 100-70%.
Blue; 70-30%.
Red; 30-0% Red; 30-0% Red; 30-0% Red; 30-0% Red; 30-0% Red

On the other hand, the button has very simple functions, in addition to serving as manual operation.

5 clicks, it will turn on or turn off the device.
4 Clicks will lock the button.
3 Clicks, enter the power change mode.

Here the screen comes into play again, in the lower part we find a kind of flame, the first of them is the weakest, which indicates the minimum power for use. Little by little the flame grows as we change the mode after having pressed the button 3 consecutive times, until the flame is complete, which indicates the highest power mode, which I guess will be 30W.

Finally, add that this oval area is delimited by a chrome/silver colored border that gives a very elegant tone to the device.

ReLens_IMG_20240711230738.jpg

On the sides we can appreciate the rectangular shape of the device and how all its edges are clearly rounded. On one of the sides we find the charging port, which will charge at 5V/2A, thus achieving a very fast charge, in about 40 minutes for its complete. It seems to me a very good position of charging port because it allows us to leave the device standing, without the need to leave the cartridge lying down and that leads to possible leaks or similar events.

ReLens_IMG_20240711230744.jpg

At the rear, what stands out is the air inlet and air regulation. In this case it is composed of two holes, one of larger radius than the other. Once closed, these two holes disappear completely and offer a rather restricted MTL. In my opinion, it is a very stable and well designed air intake, although I would like to add that I would like a little more hardness. Anyway, it has not been disconfigured after putting it in the pockets or anything like that.

On the other hand, in this back we can appreciate the decoration and color fade. In addition to the Vaporesso logo, which honestly reminds me a bit of the Avengers, but let's leave that aside.

ReLens_IMG_20240711230805.jpg

The connection between Pod-Battery is achieved through the use of magnets, implanted both in the body of the device and in the lower part of the cartridge.

Something I love about these cartridges is the refill mechanism. Simply remove the top cap and refill through the red hole, never through the other one. In addition, Vaporesso has created these pods in a capacity of 3mL, which compared to the 2mL that I tested at the time, is a remarkable difference.

Last edited:
Vaping Time

It's time for the test, the vaping time. In this section I will give my conclusions about the 0.4Ω cartridge and the 0.8Ω cartridge. In addition to other factors such as battery life and hand feel.

Well, let's talk about this cartridge and its respective coil. It is a coil that gives all the flavor notes that can be extracted from a liquid. This is why XROS are characterized, not by the amount of vapor, but by the amount of flavor they provide. It's what makes them stand out and Vaporesso has delivered on the deal.

On the other hand, the 0.8Ω cartridge provides a more directed vape towards the MTL, although it does not become totally restricted, but leaves some airflow. It is quite appreciable and tasty to vape with this pod, although I will not lie, I prefer the 0.4Ω.

As for the sensations in hand, it is an extremely light device. It also provides a very good comfort in hand thanks to its ergonomics and rounded edges.

On the other hand, we also have three power modes and an air regulation, in addition to several cartridges that fit the experience of the vapeador, so we say that definitely, it is a very versatile device.

As for the battery, this depends a lot on the subject that uses the device, but I get to last a little less than a day, pretty good if we consider that it has a 1000mAh battery.

Little more I have to say about this Xros 4, I affirm from my position that the Xros Pro is much more improved and I like it more, but there is nothing wrong with this one. It weighs little, provides a very good taste and on top of that it is very good value for money.

Pros And Cons

Pros
Cons
Versatile Device
Perfect Design
Amazing Flavor
Fast Charging
Top Refill

Conclusion
In conclusion, Vaporesso has done a very good job as usual with this Xros 4. However, would I keep it knowing that there is the Xros Pro on the market? Definitely, my answer is no, I would take the Xros Pro without thinking about it, although this Xros 4 is not bad, the Pro is superior.

VU Sponsors