Become a Patron!

Vermont House OKs 92 percent tax on e-cigarettes

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
VT sounds like it will be the first state to reverse the trend of smokers switching to a safer alternative. SMH...

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From the state who brought you Bernie Sanders...feeling the burn now folks..let's you know what the burn has in store for you....as always the DNC is trying to crush vaping and push people back onto smoking....how any vaper can vote for a democrat is beyond me after having an up front seat at their unholy alliance with Big Tobacco and Big Pharma.....whose gonna pay 40.00 for 30ml of juice when they can buy a pack of smokes for a fraction of that.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From the state who brought you Bernie Sanders...feeling the burn now folks..let's you know what the burn has in store for you....as always the DNC is trying to crush vaping and push people back onto smoking....how any vaper can vote for a democrat is beyond me after having an up front seat at their unholy alliance with Big Tobacco and Big Pharma.....whose gonna pay 40.00 for 30ml of juice when they can buy a pack of smokes for a fraction of that.

...enter the black market ejuice suppliers.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
thafuck.jpg

The American Cancer Society would rather you keep smoking.
This is not a joke this is not April fools they really don't give a shit about you, me, or anyone who uses nicotine.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If people stop getting cancer at an alarming rate there would be no need for an "American Cancer Society". How will these poor executives support their families if we all quit smoking and stop dying from cancer?

They need us to keep smoking so they can remain relevant, and continue to bilk millions per year from the well-intentioned masses.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If people stop getting cancer at an alarming rate there would be no need for an "American Cancer Society". How will these poor executives support their families if we all quit smoking and stop dying from cancer?

now you know how most 'charities/societies' work,, it not about curing/fixing anything,, its a form of tax evasion.........

ie,, the govt allows you to 'give' $1mil in gift $ to anyone,,but after that its a huge tax bill.. so create a charity,, 'employ' the saps you want to give money too and bingo your in like flynn.......the employed person doesn't really have to work or do anything except ,, IF memory serves,, allot 3% of fund to the actual charity activities...............meantime,, several people can 'have a job' at a charity and the charity can also finance the cars/buildings / travel etc... for these 'employees' who can run around like saints collecting more money at a golf event and gain popularity in social circles.

ditto-pharma,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they are not required to cure anything.. just use you like a test rat.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Okay so the tax hike is to deter kids from using vape products....theres a few things wrong with that to me.

Has any of the laws/rules in the past deterred kids from using anything at all? No where there is a will there is a way, it wont slow them down a bit.
They want kids to get real smokes instead of a safer alternative...did they really think this out??
This is going to make shops in VT close or move outstate...Im guessing there must be a benefit to losing local busniess's...
They are going to cause peoples jobs...we all love living on the street...dont you?
This is one of the dumbest laws/regulations Ive seen so so far...It reminds me of the Cigarette taxes when I was smoking...It didnt do shit but cost everyone more money, kids were still smoking just as much though.

This is a candycoated ban that forces people that buy locally only to switch back to smoking and that is the only purpose of this regulation. There isnt a benefit to anyone besides BT and state tax collectors.

VU Sponsors