Become a Patron!

(Very Stupid) Woman Puts E-Cig Liquid in Her Eye After Mistaking It for Eyedrops

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.livescience.com/56495-e-cig-liquid-in-eye.html

"We would like to raise awareness of this potential hazard that can result in an ocular chemical injury," the health care providers at Gartnavel General Hospital in Glasgow who treated the woman wrote in their report of her case."

I would like to raise awareness of stupidity running wild in this world
Of course it's a bad idea to put fucking eliquid in your eye, but do we really need to "raise awareness" about it?

The woman quickly washed out her eye with water and went to an emergency eye clinic, the authors wrote. She brought along the bottle of the e-cig liquid to show the doctors, according to the report. She told the doctors that she had stored the e-cig refill liquid in her medicine cabinet beside the antibiotic eye drops.

You have to be really, really fucking stupid to put your eliqiud bottles that are almost identical to your eye drops into the medicine cabinet right fucking next to them!!!

"They noted in their letter that the e-cig liquid bottle contained no warnings about what should be done if someone got the liquid in their eye."

Look how small the fucking bottle is!!!
I really don't think there is room to list every stupid thing a stupid person can do and then list what they should do about it on an eliquid bottle.

Common sense would tell you to rinse your fucking eye out and go to the emergency room if it keeps burning.

NO, actually common sense would tell you to not put fucking eliquid in your eyes to start with.

"One previous study has found that e-cig liquid may increase inflammation in people's airways. However, there have been no published studies on the effects of the liquid on the cells of the eye, according to the report."

Maybe that is because they couldn't find anyone stupid enough to take part in the "ejuice in the eye" experiment?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
eyedrops.jpg

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
To Quote Mr. Rogers.................

Are you freaking Brain-dead?

Sure you are!:D

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Maybe that is because they couldn't find anyone stupid enough to take part in the "ejuice in the eye" experiment?
No, not directly in an eye. But I've rubbed my eyes when I've had juice residue on my fingers. The stupid. It burns. :facepalm:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reminds me of a time when I was in the army and had an eye infection, went to the infirmary and they prescribed me ear drops by mistake.
Good thing I looked at the label before using them.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The link in the article about the dangers of vaping is an exercise in reaching

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sadly, I take a lot of med's and supplements per my doctors instructions.

And I have been taking them for long enough that I actually know which one is which by the size/shape of the bottle or the way the pills rattle around inside.

But still I look at the labels as I remove the pills just to be sure.

I think it is called being a responsible adult and not being STOOPID:xD:

haybill

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the news story. It's amazing how many idiots are out there.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of stupid people do stupid things but why is it even news?

VU Sponsors