Become a Patron!

Vin's Eagle Rare Bourbon

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, my first from-scratch recipe... great success!! :D I wanted to make something that tasted similar to Eagle Rare bourbon, which is a very smooth almost sweet Kentucky Bourbon, with caramel and a very subtle hint of almond (at least that's what I taste lol) Here it is, for anyone that wants to give it a whirl:

TFA Kentucky Bourbon 3%
FA Caramel 2%
FA Vienna Cream 1%
FA Almond .5%

Didn't steep it at all. Shake & vape! The Vienna Cream is there to smoothen out the bourbon, I may try the Caramel at 1.5-2% next time, for a little more kick. But it's so nice & smooth as is, I may leave it as is. Hot damn dat boy's good!

Edit: I lowered the caramel to 2% as I said I was going to try. This stuff is fantastic for anyone that is a bourbon or smooth whiskey drinker. Last night I was vaping on this while drinking some Eagle Rare neat... so enjoyable. I'm vaping it now with my morning coffee. Delicious. Almost feels like day drinking ;)

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So, my first from-scratch recipe... great success!! :D I wanted to make something that tasted similar to Eagle Rare bourbon, which is a very smooth almost sweet Kentucky Bourbon, with caramel and a very subtle hint of almond (at least that's what I taste lol) Here it is, for anyone that wants to give it a whirl:

TFA Kentucky Bourbon 3%
FA Caramel 3%
FA Vienna Cream 1%
FA Almond .5%

Didn't steep it at all. Shake & vape! The Vienna Cream is there to smoothen out the bourbon, I may try the Caramel at 1.5-2% next time, for a little more kick. But it's so nice & smooth as is, I may leave it as is. Hot damn dat boy's good!
Oh I'm glad you got it down! Congrats :)

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This looks great--especially for a first try. Awesome!
I only have fa Whiskey (no kentucky B), and I've never even tried it out yet. What do people think about subbing fa Whiskey for KB?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This looks great--especially for a first try. Awesome!
I only have fa Whiskey (no kentucky B), and I've never even tried it out yet. What do people think about subbing fa Whiskey for KB?
From HICs notes FA Whiskey is more like an Irish Whiskey than a Kentucky Bourbon. It won't be the same, but doable in my mind... Since I don't have the TFA (yet) I may give this a go with the FA Whiskey. All in the name of science...

Thanks for the recipe @VinnySem! You gave me a reason to add TFA KY Bourbon to my next flavor order!

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol...I don't know what either one of those --Irish Whiskey or Kentucky Bourbon--really taste like. I seem to remember reading the tfa bourbon was sweet, though, and that maybe the fa whisky was not so much.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes the bourbon is much sweeter. They both have a nice boozy kick. Adding the cream and caramel should sweeten and smooth that whiskey some.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bourbon is typically smoother, sweeter, richer tasting than whiskey, because it's primarily made from corn. Granted there are some that are rougher tasting, but the ones I primarily like are Eagle Rare, Basil Hayden, and the like, which are smooth and easy drinking. FA Whisky, from what I understand, is an Irish whiskey, think Jameson (blech!!!), which are made from grains, and often are made with peat. Very "earthy" tasting (to me, it's like sipping swamp mud and moss that has been fermented in kerosene).

After vaping on this for a day, I think the Caramel needs to come down to no greater than 2%, it's almost too smooth, the bourbon is somewhat muted. What I may try is FA Catalan Cream at 2% and leave the Vienna Cream out altogether.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA Whisky, from what I understand, is an Irish whiskey, think Jameson (blech!!!), which are made from grains, and often are made with peat. Very "earthy" tasting (to me, it's like sipping swamp mud and moss that has been fermented in kerosene).
Oh me! Lmao! But fyi, I did not feel as I was vaping swamp mud and moss soaked in kerosene when I v aped FA Whiskey, thank goodness. It is not nearly as sweet. I do love the kick of both very much and prefer them fresh for that reason.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, they likely did not make it with peat notes, that's a bit of an "acquired taste" even for whiskey/bourbon drinkers.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Edited with updated percentages. Can definitely shake & vape, but a week long steep makes this stuff shine. Enjoy!!

VU Sponsors