Become a Patron!

VooPoo Argus E40 - Review By Ben28

VooPoo Argus E40
intro.JPG
VooPoo has presented the new Argus E40, a pod-type device with a maximum power of 40W and an integrated 1800mAh battery. It brings back memories of the Luxe range from Vaporesso, if you can imagine it, this device is heading in that area.

Thanks to Freya and the VooPoo team for making this review possible. You can visit their website to learn more about this new
Argus E40.

COMBO.jpg

Key Features;
  • 1. PnP X Atomizer Tech
  • 2. 1800mAh battery capacity
  • 3. Stepless airflow adjustment
  • 4. Auto/Button draw
  • 5. Fully compatible with PnP X Coils
  • 6. Smooth MTL to DTL switch
  • 7. 2A fast charging
  • 8. Clear & vivid display
BrandVOOPOO
Product NameArgus E40 Kit
Size114*31.2*22.6mm
Pod Capacity4.5ml
MaterialZinc Alloy, PC
Power Range5-40W
Battery Capacity1800mAh (built-in)
Filling TypeSide filling
Cartridge IncludedArgus E40 Cartridge 0.3Ω (Pre-installed), Argus E40 Cartridge 0.6Ω
Compatible Cartridge/CoilArgus E40 Cartridge 0.45Ω, Argus PnP X Cartridge with PnP X 0.3Ω/0.45Ω/0.6Ω
Package Size144.5*71*49mm (1pc)
ColorSpray Black, Space Gray, Pearl White, Starlight Purple, Sky Blue, Modern Red, Lake Green

Packaging
ReLens_IMG_20240606221734.JPEG

The box is presented to us in a rectangular format. The predominant color is white and is accompanied by blue decorations and a holographic pattern. Above right we see the brand of the product and the model itself. To further reinforce this front facet, they have decided to expose the product at first glance through an image.

The packaging is individual and specific to each color, depending on the latter the photo will change and with it also the decoration in a slight way.

ReLens_IMG_20240606221743.JPEG

Additional information is located on the back. Here we are shown items such as the contents of the box, some contact addresses, certain logos and warnings and finally a sample sticker. If you buy this product the sticker will not be there, which also means that the packaging and content could vary slightly from the official edition.

In the box
1* Argus E40 Device
1* Argus E40 Cartridge 0.3Ω
1* Argus E40 Cartridge 0.6Ω
1* Type-C Cable
1*User Manual

I love the detail of including two types of cartridges so that the customer has dual experiences and knows which one to bet on in the next purchase.

Device Inspection
ReLens_IMG_20240606221803.JPEG

The striking thing about the device is clearly its futuristic design, which I also add, the color goes with it. We have a device with ``robotic´´ style inserts, let's call them that. In general, the device is designed in a stick shape but somewhat domed so that it can contain a 1800mAh battery. In general, it is composed of a Zinc alloy covered in polycarbonate, which gives an extra layer of resistance and shine.

In the upper area we find insertions that extol the name ``Argus´´ in the center of them. If we continue looking down we find a 0.42'' OLED screen, accompanied by LED lights that will indicate the remaining battery.

A little further down we delight ourselves with some more branding and decoration.

In general, in hand it is quite comfortable thanks to its rounded edges and it also weighs enough, giving a feeling of quality and robustness.

From the back we can continue admiring the beautiful fade of shades of purple, pink and something that is similar to bronze at the bottom.

What draws attention is the upper central area, where we find a small window that gives rise to some extra decoration to not make this area so ``flat´´. If we analyze it, we see a type of turbine connected to some tubes. It is simply decoration, it has no special function and is not decorated with LED lights.

ReLens_IMG_20240606221827.JPEG

This is the screen of the Argus E40, as I mentioned before, a 0.42'' OLED screen.

This will show us;
- Battery Percentage
- Wattage indicator
- Padlock (indicates button lock)
- Ω indicator
- Puff counter with 5 digits

As you can see, the information on the screen is quite complete and, as if that were not enough, apart from the battery percentage, we have two large LEDs on the sides of the screen that, depending on the color, indicate;

Green; 100-60%
Blue; 60-20%
Red; 20-0%

In general, the screen is very bright and responds very well. As I mentioned before, I would like it to have an option to deactivate the LEDs whenever we want.

ReLens_IMG_20240606221810.JPEG

From the side we can see its width and a button that has different functions that we will discuss below.

Button functions;
5 Clicks - we will turn the device on or off
5 Clicks when it is already on - will allow us to access a small menu to reset the puff counter, turn off the device or block the button itself.

I would like to have an option to turn off the LEDs whenever we want, because the truth is, they give it a party look and it is not very discreet.

The button makes a clicky sound and has a short travel and very quick response. Let's keep the last thing in mind since the E40 has double drive, through the button or auto-draw.

ReLens_IMG_20240606221816.JPEG

The airflow regulation is presented to us on the side opposite the button. It has a very pleasant touch and quite good hardness, which ensures that it will not move while it is in our pocket or backpack.

With it we can adjust our vaping experience, which will go from RDL to DL. I do not recommend purchasing this device if we aspire to MTL vaping, since it is practically unattainable, the puff regulation is not restricted enough to achieve it, at least, from my point of view.

ReLens_IMG_20240606221935.JPEG

Unlike most of the body, the bottom is partially constructed of rubber. Mainly with the purpose of being able to leave it straight on the table and not fall easily, which it does perfectly.

Along with it, we are presented with the charging port, which will operate at 2A/5V, resulting in a full charge after approximately one hour. In addition, the Type-C cable is included so we won't have to worry about this.

ReLens_IMG_20240606221918.JPEG

Let's talk about the magical VooPoo PODs that implement, as is usually the case today, the new PNP X coil technology. These coils are some of the best commercial coils I have tried. They give an intense flavor and also perform and hold up very well. I don't think they reach the 100mL they promise (since it depends on factors such as puff, liquid, nicotine...) but I'm sure they last a long time.

As for the Pod-Battery connection, as usual it is achieved through magnets. These magnets have very good hardness and do not allow it to swing from side to side at any time, on the contrary, it remains well fixed.

On the other hand, we must distinguish two types of cartridges. There are disposable ones with the coil included and NOT interchangeable. And, there are some with interchangeable coils called Argus PNP X Cartridge. There is no compatibility with previous VooPoo products, so these cartridges are independent. But, they do accept the entire range of PNP X that they offer.

Finally, it should be noted that they have a maximum capacity of 4.5mL, enough to vape for a long time.

Vaping Time
In this section I will tell you my conclusions about the general performance and the battery, conclusions about the different coils and general conclusions about the product.

On the one hand, let's talk about the battery. As mentioned previously, it has a 1800mAh battery, enough to last a day perfectly for an ordinary vape. It will give us around 170-200 quite considerable puffs. Charging is fast (2A) and will take approximately one hour.

On the other hand, let's talk about general conclusions. I notice a fairly well-built device, with materials that offer quality and durability. It looks like a device that will last a long time and I don't think it will cause many problems.

Let's talk about coils, where the magic is concentrated lately in VooPoo products.

The 0.3Ω coil is intended for use in a 32-40W range. I used this to its maximum potential to try to squeeze out all of its capacity. I must say that VooPoo coils are the magic of all their devices lately. The amount of flavor they offer and how long they last is unimaginable. I must say that I am a complete fan of these coils and that I would buy their product just for its quality. In terms of flavor, they provide something explosive and in vapor, more of the same. I have no more words to describe them.

On the other hand, we are also provided with a 0.6Ω coil, usable in a range of 18-25W, designed, according to VooPoo, for vaping liquids with high amounts of nicotine. Leaving aside your recommendation, I used it with my usual liquid and I must say that, although they are not bad at all, they do not compare with the 0.3Ω ones, those are definitely my favorites. In any case, these also provide a very good flavor and somewhat less vapor.

I have little more to say about the device. Its electronics are not very extensive or detailed, but it does its job. Definitely, I'm sorry to repeat myself so much, but the coils are what's really worth it in this product.

Pros And Cons
Pros
Cons
Beautiful Design
Not So Good For MTL
Perfect Coils
No Option To Deactivate LEDs
User-Friendly
Decent Battery
Versatile

Conclusion

VooPoo increasingly improves the quality of its products even more. I know there are thousands of opinions out there that discredit this, but in my opinion, they are doing it quite well. The only thing I would have liked, again, is the possibility of turning off the LEDs and some cartridges more focused on the MTL.

VU Sponsors