Become a Patron!

Voopoo Argus E40 - review by FranknChill

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hello there folks.

Time for another vaping device,this time from my friends over at Voopoo that sent me an Argus E40 for the purposes of this review.

IMG_20240530_104104.jpg

Ok so i will get started with some visual aids,these are perfect for those that want to take a quick peek and get an idea of what exactly is the device about.

colors.JPGcontents.JPGbreak up.JPGbattery.JPGdisplay.JPGmtl to dtl.JPGsafety.JPGspecs.JPGcoils.JPG

Unboxing and first impressions:

So this kit comes with everything you need,some e-liquid and you ready to go.
Packaging wise its all properly secured in the box and you can tell Voopoo does things right.
I was sent the Pearl White and holding up i just gotta admit this is one very cool looking device,similar in size to a certain ''XR'' it feels good at the touch.
Small screen but well lit,all the info is on the screen and you also have lights on each side of the screen that will let you know how much battery you have left 100%-60% (green) 60%-20% (blue) and 20%-0% (red).

On the one side you have the airlflow control and in the other you have the fire/menu/up/button.
-Press the button 5 times to turn on the device
-Press the button 3 times to adjust wattage (max 40 watts)
-Press 5 times to access the menu,in the menu you will find puff counter reset,unlock and off.
Just keep pressed the fire button where the puff counter reset icon is that should reset it.
Keep pressed the ''unlock'' icon and you can unlock/lock the fire button,with the fire button locked you will only be able to use the device on auto draw mode
Again in the menu get to the ''power off'' icon and keep the fire button pressed for 2 seconds and the device will power off.

Vaping time:

Ok so time to choose which coil....hmm in the sake of providing a good review i thought i would stick with the 0.3 ohm coil which is the one i use on a daily basis.
I use this coil with the Argus Pro 2 everyday so i know what to expect from these new PnP X coils.
Refilling is very easy,this is a top fill cartridge although personally i would call it more like top-side.
Rubber band along the side,just pull out and there you see a good sized orifice where you can pluck in the nozzle of your favorite e-liquid.
For choice of juice today i will be using Bombo's Bar Juice Soda Orange,at 70/30 and 3mg of nice,ok so coil primed,full battery and its time for the first puff....

Dang this is banging!!!

I mean i gotta admit,sometimes when the same coils you use in a tank go to a cartridge there is something missing along the way...in this case that is not it.

I was afraid my mind was playing tricks on me so i put in a new 0.3 coil in the tank of my Argus Pro 2,let it sit and spent the last 20 minutes listening to Enya and comparing both flavors.

Yes of course airflow is different,the draw is different but when it comes to flavor oh wow this is on point,all the subtle tones of the orange soda flavour just pop pop and more pop with each draw.

I spent more time using this 0.3 coil because its the one i use day in and day out,but Voopoo was kind enough to send me 3 more coils so i did try those aswell.

The 0.45 ohm coil was not true RDL nor true MTL,it was like if both RDL and MTL had a kid,good balance of flavor,hit and cloud production.
The 0.60 ohm coil i did spend some more time with,wanted to see if i could achieve a full and name worth MTL experience and i gotta say it delivered.
Very smooth and tight,perfect flavor and some very decent cloud production,this is why i love this device,any type of vaping you want to do you can do it without having to switch devices,one does all!!!

I used this device for about a week,and when i said used i mean used it as my main vaping device.
Carried around and i had no problems whatsoever,putting it on the table you gotta place it carefully because its long and heavy but it does have rubber on the base where the usb port is.
Charging wise since its 2A it will go from zero to 100% in about an hour and change,depending on your choice of coil you might get more battery life or get less.

PROS:

-Proper packaging living up to Voopoo's reputation
-Very sleek design and just looks plain cool
-Well built and good materials
-These new cartridges for the new PnP X coils truly deliver
-Said it once and i will say it again,these new PnP X coils are fabulous.

CONS:

-None really,i mean if i have to say something it would be just that if you want to leave the pod standing up it will take you like 2 seconds,its long and tall so yeah it could fall but meh...this is not really a con i just had to say something.

Would i recommend this device:

Quality wise,performance wise and aesthetic wise?
HELL YEAH!!!
The Argus E40 will cover all your vaping needs,you want MTL? you got it,RTL? that too.....DTL? yep i got you covered.
So if you in the market for a small pod that can do it all then the Argus E40 is for you.

If you desire something a bit bigger and you like to switch batteries you can get the Drag X2,or if you just like it bigger but don't want the hassle of replacing batteries you have the Argus Pro 2.
All this depends on your wants and or needs,personally I've used the E40 instead of the Argus Pro 2 and i noticed no difference,only was is a bit smaller and lighter than the other.

Well that is it for today folks.
Thanks to my friends at Voopoo for sending me this product so i could review it and thanks to everyone who took the time to read this review.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors