Become a Patron!

Voopoo ARGUS PRO 2 - review by Villalobos Ramírez

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Hello there folks.

Time for another review,a pod device the ARGUS PRO 2 which was sent to me by Voopoo for the purposes of this review.

meh meh.JPG

Best way to get started is with some visual aids so you can get a quick impression of the type of device i am reviewing today.

COLORS:

COLORS.JPG

SPECS:

specs.JPG

FEATURES:

features.JPG
features 2.JPG

SAFETY PROTECTIONS:

safety.JPG

FIRST ARGUS TO USE THE NEW PnP X COILS:

coils.jpg

DYNAMIC SWITCH LOCKED/UNLOCKED:

switch.JPG

TOP AIRFLOW CARTRIDGE:

airflow.jpg

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

I am hyped for this review so i can't wait to see what i got inside the box.
Kudos to Voopoo for actually having the same color of pod we getting on the outer sleeve of the box,gives us a hint of what it looks like,nicely done going the extra mile.
Proper packaging as per usual from Voopoo,remove the outer sleeve and then you find a rectangular box on top that contains all the goodies.
Remove that and you're presented with this pod device,same as the recently released DRAG X2 this one is also made of Zinc Alloy and Leather.
I got the Lake View color and damn this thing looks gorgeous,starts with green at the bottom and then slowly starts charging to blue when you reach the top of the device.
Weight wise i haven't been able to find out the exact weight of this device but the DRAG S2 which has a 2500 mAh internal battery was 145 grams,the ARGUS PRO 2 has a 3000 mAh internal battery so I'm thinking for sure its less than 200 grams.

The ergonomics and the feel of the mod are good,very solid and well built and if you rotate the device and look all around you won't see any screw around.
Another little feature added to the ARGUS PRO 2 that the DRAG X2/S2 don't have is a rubber like disk right at the base of the pod,that gives nice traction and makes it stay in place,I'm liking that.
Top of the device it has a little opening so you can use a larnyard if you feel like doing so,not a fan of larnyards but the opening where you would put the larnyard actually looks pretty cool,like a little lip over the top.

VAPING TIME:

Ok time to get this baby started!!
I removed the pre-installed coil from the cartridge and just gave it a quick wash,you know just in case.
Once dried out i put again the pre-installed coil (the 0.15 ohm),pulled out the rubber tab on the side and proceeded to fill up the cartridge.
Gotta let the coil soak in the sweet nectar of the gods for at least 10 or 15 minutes,not in a hurry and i like to give it time so i keep it there and its time to check the rest of the contents in the box,this is what you get:

Voopoo Argus Pro 2 Pod Mod Kit (3000mAh)
Voopoo PnP X Cartridge 5ml global and standar package and 2ml Cartridge if you suffer the consequences of the TPD
0.15ohm Voopoo PnP X Coil (Pre-installed)
0.3ohm Voopoo PnP X Coil
PnP X Platform Card (shows you the 4 types of new PnP X coils and their recommended wattage)
Type-C Charging Cable
User Manual.

Menu operation is the same as the DRAG X2 but only with a couple of differences involving the procedure to lock the pod and the new vaping mode called ''TURBO''.

Depending on the mode the color of the UI will change.
-Smart mode (UI changes to a Orange or kinda Brownish color)
-RBA mode (Blue UI)
-TURBO mode (Red UI)

-Turn off and on is done by pressing the fire button 5 times
-Press the + and - button (it's rectangular in shape hence me saying button in singular)
Just press one side or the other side of the rectangular button for menu operations or wattage changes.
-Press the up and down button at the same time to get into the menu.
Once in the menu you can access the Mode screen which lets you choose between these 3 modes:

Also in front of the pod between the bottom of the screen and the + and - buttons you will find the Dynamic switch which lets you lock or unlock the pod.
For locking just push up and for unlocking push down,this is a huge improvement over the DRAG X2 i reviewed before since this switch lets you lock/unlock your pod with much more ease,i love this feature.
Screen wise it looks exactly the same as the DRAG X2/S2 apart from the position of the information,the layout is just a tad different.
Name of the model on the top left and the battery indicator on the top right.
In the middle of the screen and quite big you will find the double digits of your current wattage.
Below that the rest of the info neatly displayed,ohms of the coil you're using,voltage,puff counter and duration of the last puff.

Same as the DRAG X2/S2 it doesn't do round robin,this device goes up to 80 watts,once you get there you get a message in the screen that says ''MAX POWER''

Ok well time to give it a go,i proceeded to start with the 0.15 ohm coil which i already tried out in my previous reviews of the DRAG X2/S2 so i know what i was going to be getting.
As usual for my reviews i use my usual e-liquid combo which is Shiva aroma with a 70/30 proportion and 6mg of nic,in this case i added a bit of Vanilla to the Shiva for some sweetness.

These 0.15 ohm coils are made for those that want to cloud the room while still getting a nice and flavorful vape.
The 0.15 ohm coils are rated for 60-80W and for extremely DTL experience,personally these wattages are bit high for me but even then i was still enjoying my vape.

Now moving on to my favorite coils which are the PnP X 0.3Ω(RDL&MTL, 32-40W),these i have been using daily since i reviewed the DRAG X2/S2 that is how much i love them.
Actually the DRAG X2/S2 i got for review purposes i gave away to friends that wanted to quit smoking and i bought myself the DRAG X2 but in black (favorite color).
So since then i have been using the 0.3 ohm coils but with the MTL cartridge and let me tell you that is one heck of a combo.
Good thing is that you can mix and match coils with the 2 different type of cartridges and see what results you get,in my case the MTL cartridge with the 0.3 ohm coils works best.

Time to takle the ''Turbo'' mode,i used it in Turbo mode with the 0.3 ohm coils since i know them the most and got ready for that extra kick.

Ok so here is the deal,you do feel that extra kick in the first second.
I did several tries with the same cartridge,same coil,same e-liquid,had the 2 Voopoo pods on my desk the DRAG X2 and the ARGUS PRO 2.
The DRAG X2 in smart mode and the ARGUS PRO 2 in TURBO mode,kept on putting the cartridge in one pod taking a couple of puffs and then switched to the other.
The 1 second kick (25% according to Voopoo) is there,can't deny it although i was kinda expecting a bit more...well you know kick.
But all in all it does deliver that kick,hey maybe its just me but i could have used a little more kick.

PROS:

-The new PnP X coils are an improvement over the already excellent Pnp coils
-This pod honors the ARGUS name
-2 coils included in the kit,that is always a pro
-Build quality and design is good,solid and well finished

CONS:

-Don't know if its an actual con but i expected a bit more kick from Turbo mode.
-Can't remove the drip tip from the DL cartridge
-Airflow ring has no stop,so once in a while you have to check to see where the position of the airflow ring is.
(Not a big con but i would have preferred to have some sort of stop at the end)

Would i recommend this device:

I am a big fan of the PnP coils and these PnP X coils just improved them,if you're a user of drop in coils this device is the one for you.
Keep in mind the DRAG X2/S2 and the new ARGUS PRO 2 all share the same DTL/MTL cartridge so either of the 3 devices will work with the new PnP X coils.
The DRAG S2 and the ARGUS PRO 2 have both an integrated battery although the ARGUS PRO 2 has bigger integrated battery (500mAh more) and the DRAG S2 only goes up to 60 watts.
The DRAG X2 uses an external 18650 battery but like the ARGUS PRO 2 the wattage goes up to 80 watts so as you can see you got a lot of options to choose.

Personally if i were to buy a pod like device with an integrated battery it would be the ARGUS PRO 2,80 watts max power and compatible with both the DTL and MTL cartridge and on top of that yeah these new PnP coils are downright AMAZING.

Well that is it for today folks.
Thanks to my friends at Voopoo for sending me this product so i could review it and thanks to everyone who took the time to read this review.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors