Become a Patron!

Voopoo Argus Z

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

I knew when I opened the box for the Argus Z that this was going to be an easy review.

It’s about as no frills as you’re going to see, and it’s using coils that I have just reviewed – this isn’t a bad thing, I loved the coils when they were in the Argus P1.
DSC02054.jpg

Product overview

• 900mah
  • 2ml side-fill pod with built in coils.
  • autodraw only
  • fixed airflow and power
  • aluminum alloy body
  • pod compatibility with the Argus Pod and Argus P1
What do you get?

• Argus Z pod system
  • 1x0.7ohm pod with built in coil
  • type-C USB cable
The ’just one coil’ trend continues…

First impressions

The Argus Z is small and lightweight, without feeling fragile – however, its aluminum body does feel a little different from other similar size pod systems.

There are three slanted LEDs on the front, that I initially assumed were airflow intake slots, a USB charging slot on the back and no visible airflow – it does of course have airflow, Voopoo have just done a good job of hiding it.

It’s a very standard looking pod system, there’s nothing wrong with that, but with the recent Argus P1 and Luxe X, I think I’ve been spoiled with fancy looking pod systems.

DSC02044.jpg

Functions

Apart from the three indicator lights on the front of the Argus Z, there’s nothing to do but charge it, fill it and vape it.

Pod

The actual pod design is almost my perfect pod – fixed coils, so there are no leaks, very comfortable mouth piece, clear pod, so you can see the juice level.

The only problem that some people might have with the pod, is that it’s not top-fill. Personally, I’d prefer not to have top-fill, because that means a removable mouth-piece which are usually less comfortable.

DSC02051.jpg

Airflow

The airflow slots are hiding on the edge of the pod system, just where the pod drops in, these slots give a medium (for a pod system) MTL draw, as a comparison it’s about the same as the Argus P1 with the airflow half closed.

How does it perform?

Considering that it’s the same coil as the P1, but lacks the auto-power feature and adjustable airflow, it should be similar, but not quite as good as the P1, right?

Not right, it’s better. I wasn’t sure to start with, so I had multiple pods with different juices, and kept on switching them between the P1 and the Z – with each juice I got better flavor in the Z.

My theory is that the airflow coming in from two sides on the Z, compared to one side on the P1, is causing the increase in flavor.

Either way, the Argus Z has really excellent flavor, it’s crisp, punchy and detailed.

View attachment 3.jpg

Price

I’m not seeing a lot of prices yet, but I have seen it on one site for pre-order at $16, so it’s cheap. That makes the one coil only issue a little easier to swallow.

Conclusion

I’m under no illusions as to why I love the Argus Z – it’s the coils. The actual design of the pod system is basic, but it doesn’t matter because the end result is a really tasty vape.

Disclaimer

The Argus Z was sent to me for the purposes of this review by Voopoo

VU Sponsors