Become a Patron!

Voopoo Doric 60 PRO - review by FranknChill

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hello there fellow vapers.

Today i will be reviewing the Doric 60 PRO which was sent to me by my friends over at Voopoo for the purposes of this review.

cover opening.JPG

Affordable entry level vaping device that will meet all your vaping needs,doesn't matter if you're a newbie or a veteran vaper, the Doric 60 PRO packs a punch.

For those that want to start slow or might need some visual aids do not fret,Frank's got your back ;)

specs.JPGcolors.JPGpowah.JPGsafety.JPGspec and stats.JPGlock.JPGcompatibility.JPG

Unboxing and first impressions:

I have reviewed and bought a lot of Voopoo products so i am use to a proper packaging when it comes time to open the box of any of their products.
And once again Voopoo delivered,not high end but most definitely they do things right,all is properly tucked in their spot and the only thing needed is some e-liquid so you can get started.

Don't know why but i expected something smaller,once i had it in my hands the Doric 60 PRO just felt right,good weight and classy aesthetics,i am impressed.

I gotta be honest,wish brands made more tube shaped mods,apart from the high end stuff (Dani from Dicodes) and the low end beginner type kit there really isn't much to choose from.

So big shout out to all the companies that maybe reading this,take a shot and make a proper tube shaped mod,maybe even one that uses a 21700 battery and that has a screen.

Back to the Doric 60 PRO,the pod itself is smooth to the touch and looks classy,not much in the way of buttons but in this case it doesn't matter,just makes it easier to fall in love with this device.

Vaping time:

Ok so to start with i went ahead and primed the 0.3 coil,this is the coil i have used the most so i just wanted to use this coil to see what my first thoughts were.

Remember folks for optimal coil like you gotta properly prime your coil and you gotta let it soak up the sweet nectar of the gods.

While the coil is getting ready for my vape session let us go over some of the features of this device:

-Twist lock at the bottom of the pod,this will unlock and lock the device which is a win win,i mean i am loving the fact that it just takes a simple twist of the bottom of the pod to lock it for accidentally firing

-Menu wise,well there is no screen so pod operation in itself is pretty simple:

On and Off just by pressing the fire button 5 times
To change the power delivered press the fire button 3 times then keep pressing until you reach the color aka power you want delivered,leds in front of the pod will have different colors depending on the power you selected:

-Blue optimal power
-White max power
-Red minimum power

Ok so coil ready,pod with full battery and i am eager to give the Doric 60 PRO a try,i know the coil since I've use it a lot and same about the MTL cartridge so i am hoping for the best.

Ok i am impressed....damn thing just delivers what i need and want from a vaping device.

I was hoping for auto draw thou but someone from my Youtube channel told me since its top airflow there is no way to have auto draw,not a big con just a minor one.

The 0.3 ohm coil delivered,after a while i totally forgot i didn't have a screen and didn't find a need to adjust wattage,i just tried all 3 modes and stuck with Blue (optimal power)

Later on that day i used a spare MTL cartridge i had and tried the 0.8 coil which is suitable for MTL vaping,i did close the airflow and did try MTL but i don't know it seemed a bit airier than what I am use to.
Anyway with this device and its specs you won't have a problem going full DTL or RDL,i mean it has a 2500mAh battery so yeah this will rock your DTL/RDL world.

Important FYI the cartridge and the pod are compatible with rest of the Voopoo family that uses the Pnp X coils,this is good news since you will be able to choose whatever device you want to use without having to worry about compatibility.

All in all i am loving the Doric 60 PRO,small but powerful,sleek and classy and with a big enough battery to rock those DTL coils,i mean what more can you ask for.

PROS:

-Huge battery
-Design and build quality
-Performance
-Fire button fires instantaneously
-2 coils in the kit,this should be the industry standard

CONS:

-No auto draw,i know technically it is not possible with top airflow but still i miss this feature
-MTL drip tip a bit loose,just wobbles around a bit,would have preferred a more snug fit

This has been one of those reviews that i really enjoyed,would i recommend this device?
Hell yeah,only reason for not getting one is if you don't like tube shaped mods,if not then yeah give this one a try.
Big battery,looks cool,several modes of vaping from DTL to loose MTL and all in between and simple controls,i mean this right here are the main reasons i am loving the Dori 60 PRO.

Well thanks first of all to all my friends over at Voopoo that sent me this kit so i could review it and thanks to everyone else that took the time to read my review.

cheers

VU Sponsors