Become a Patron!

VooPoo Drag 5 Kit - Review By Ben28

VooPoo Drag 5 Kit
Intro.jpg
VooPoo has recently launched a new Drag. That range of products focused on high power mods, specifically reaching 177W. In this case the new Drag 5 implements the new PNP X platform and a removable leather cover, which covers the batteries and is attached with magnets. Otherwise, its characteristic shape remains unchanged, although its chip has advanced a bit.

Thanks to the VooPoo team for making this review possible. You can visit their website and learn more about the Drag 5.

Combo.jpg

Features;
  • 1. GENE TT 2.0 chip​
  • 2. Smart/RBA/ECO/TC mode​
  • 3. Smart C-frame cover​
  • 4. Battery evaluation system​
  • 5. 3-in-1 flip switch: one-button switch, lock ignition, lock power​
  • 6. Compatible with PnP X Coil​
  • 7. Top airflow intake, endless pleasure​
  • 8. Ideal for DTL vaping​
  • 9. Slide top filling​
  • 10. Stepless airflow adjustment​
Brand
Product Name
Drag 5 Kit
Size
55.09*27.40*142.40mm
Capacity
5.5ml
Material
Device: Zinc Alloy + Leather, Tank: Zinc Alloy + Glass Tube
Power Range
5-177W
Output Voltage
Max 8.4V
Battery
18650*2 (not included)
Resistance Range
0.05-3.0Ω
Screen
0.96 inch TFT screen
Charge
Type-C 5V/3A
Filling Type
Slide Top Filling
Included Coil
PnP X 0.15Ω, PnP X 0.3Ω
Compatible Coils
All PnP X Series Coils
Package Size
122*130.5*52mm (1pc)
Color
Gradient Blue, Black, Sakura Pink, Sunset Orange, Silver, Gradient Brown, Green

Packaging
ReLens_IMG_20240721164007.jpg
The new Drag 5 comes in a square box that opens from the side. In this case the box is bronze/copper colored and is decorated with a picture of the device itself, as well as several patterns that combine perfectly and give a pretty fun and nice look. At the top left we see the brand and model of the device. In addition, it is indicated that it uses the Gene TT chip and that it is designed by VooPoo.

Something I love about this packaging is the way the box is opened. It just seems to me quite good and in quotation marks, rare, since they are not normally like this.

ReLens_IMG_20240721164258.jpg

On the back of the box, the contents of the box are disclosed, in addition to certain warnings, logos and contact information. I must warn that this unit is a sample, so the packaging may vary slightly from the final product.

In the box;
1* Drag 5
1* Uforce X-Tank (5.5mL)
1* Spare Glass
1* PNP X 0.15 Ω
1* PNP X 0.3 Ω
1* Silicon Rubber Pack
1* User Manual
1* Type-C Cable

ReLens_IMG_20240721164019.jpg

Once the box is opened, the first thing that catches our eye is a small piece of decorative paper with Drag 5 written large. On the right hand side we find the mod itself fitted in its hole. On the left we can see the new tank and the spare glass. Behind it is a double bottom with a rectangular box, which includes the cable, the coils, the user manual ... among other things.

I quite like this presentation but, I would like that instead of plastic, the area that holds the mod and the tank was a kind of pad, as I think it gives a more elegant and luxurious look, compared to plastic.

Device Inspection
ReLens_IMG_20240721164045.jpg
This is what I refer to as the front end of the product. As you can see, in general the shapes of the device are quite straight and square, as the device itself has a rectangular shape. In this front area we find the fire button, located at the top and slightly larger than the others. If we continue down, we get to the switch, slightly smaller than the up and down buttons. Finally, the two buttons at the bottom are the buttons that allow us to move through the menus and change the power. The top one will go up 1W and the bottom one will go down 1W, up to a minimum of 5W and a maximum of 177W.

All these buttons are positioned around the central display, all placed in a black area, which is very well distinguished from the rest of the device.

The buttons are glossy black and are bordered by a chrome or we could say silver colored area, which gives a rather aesthetic and elegant appearance. The fire button has a very satisfying click sound and I personally like it. The switch has a very good hardness and feels great, plus it can be modified to serve three different functions. Lastly, the bottom buttons still have a click and are short travel.

Let's talk about the functions of the buttons;
5 Clicks - Turns the device off or on.
3 Clicks - Lock the fire button
By pressing the power up and power down button mutually we can enter the menu and from there access the different vape modes, switch functions, puff reset, UI color and theme activation.

In this case the switch will be used for three things in particular.
- Turn off and turn on the device
- Lock and unlock the power up and down buttons.
- Lock and unlock all buttons

ReLens_IMG_20240721164126.jpg

This is the screen in question, it has a pretty good brightness although I admit that in the sun it doesn't look quite right. The screen that we appreciate in the photo is in question is 0.96 inch TFT.

It will show us the following information;
- Power ( in watts )
- The vape mode, in this case RBA.
- Two battery percentage counters.
- A voltage indicator.
- An indicator of Ω.
- A puff duration counter.
- A puff counter.

The modes are divided into 4, which are as follows;
- Smart mode: This mode automatically matches the coil resistance and restricts the maximum power that can be used, making the atomizing experience smarter.
- RBA mode: This mode deactivates any restriction.
- Temperature Control mode: Users can choose from four common heating materials to meet the special needs of DIY.
- ECO mode: Select the energy-saving mode, and the power consumption is 90% of RBA mode.

The UI can be changed by different colors, in this case;
- Yellow
- Orange
- Pink
- Purple
- Green

On the other hand, a small lock icon will appear when the buttons are respectively locked and will disappear when they are not.

ReLens_IMG_20240721164205.jpg

On this side we have the removable leather cover, which will give place to the double 18650 battery compartment. This small door is fastened with two large magnets, one on this side and one on the back. However, I have noticed several times when holding it in my hand it has tried to open unintentionally by the part that we can see in the image. I would like that on this side they had put some magnet something stronger and that it hooked well and remained fixed. For the rest, I must admit that it is very comfortable, plus it is interchangeable if we have any other Drag 5, because I do not know if they are sold individually. On the other hand, the battery compartment is very good, they fit without too much pressure and are easily removable.

Finally in this part I would like to comment a little on the shape and aesthetics of the device. As seen in the image, it is generalized by its rectangular shape, although it does come with some rounded corners to be comfortable in hand. I should add that it has a fairly considerable weight once the batteries and atomizer are mounted, but that to me, personally, I do not dislike at all. Something I like about its aesthetics is how the front part, where the buttons and the screen are located, protrude a bit from that clearly defined rectangular shape, thus creating an auxiliary part for holding these elements.
ReLens_IMG_20240721164244.jpg

Now let's talk about the atomizer, as this Drag 5 is available individually or in kit, including in the latter the new Uforce-X Tank, thus adapting the new and recent PNP-X. It is a fairly large atomizer, since it also allows you to fill it up to a capacity of 5.5mL, thanks to its ``bubble glass''.

I have to say that I love this atomizer, although it is true that it is very cute once assembled, even so I do not dislike it at all. In its parts is an interchangeable drip tip 810, which I love because it is high and many times I have had problems with that because I burned my lips without wanting it. On the other hand, something I do love about this atomizer is its refilling, we simply slide the top part and refill through the hole in the silicone area.

Finally, let's talk about the air intake. This atomizer is very airy, has a very large air flow. For this it has two inlets, one on each side and clearly adjustable. It is not at all a suitable atomizer for a vaper looking for a MTL experience, it is clearly aimed at a DTL, which also fulfills its function very well.

Little more I can say about this atomizer, it is simply good and something I must add is the use of the new PNP-X. I really think that VooPoo has a very high level in terms of new coils that they are bringing to market, either for pods or mods. That's why they are renewing practically all their products, to adapt this ``X'' trend to their devices.

Vaping Time

We come to the final part of the review, where I will comment a little on the sensations in hand and especially the performance of the mod.

First we are going to talk about the sensations in hand. I must say that although it is a fairly heavy device, it feels comfortable in hand. I like big and clunky mods, although sometimes I also enjoy the smaller ones. In this case we have the first example, a mod that is quite large but perfectly comfortable in hand.

Something I love are the coils of these new VooPoo devices, the ones known as PNP-X. I will talk about them in general because they are similar, just add that the 0.15Ω in my opinion is the best, and also serves to make the gross as its power range is between 60-80W. In general, something I love about these coils is the flavor they give, it is simply incredible. Also add its durability, I have about 1300 puffs approximately with the same coil and has not lost its flavor at all, continues to give its performance as the first day.

I feel that this mod, combined with its chip, the Gene.FAN V2, have a very good battery management. I get to give approximately 500 puffs with a full charge at 40W of power. That is to say, to me personally, it lasts me the whole day and I have about 30% left over.

Something that I don't like at all, is the battery compartment door, I feel that sometimes, unintentionally, when I hold the mod in my hand, it has opened slightly. I feel that they should have stronger magnets to better hold the leather cover.

I definitely think that VooPoo has done a very good job with this new Drag 5, even if it differs slightly from their previous edition, the Drag 4.

Pros And Cons
Pros
Cons
Different Modes And Customization
Leather Cover Feels Loose on Closing
Good Quality Materials
Nice Design
Very Good Hand Feel
Exceptional Atomizer and Coils

Conclusion
VooPoo has done a great job with this new Drag 5, I was waiting for a long time to try a mod of this range, and finally, I had the chance to do it. I was pleasantly surprised the truth, VooPoo is upping his game, especially again, in the aspect of the coils.

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Good review.

Yeah same problem here with the battery door,when you grab the mod and squeeze just enough to hold it the metal end of the battery cover elevates itself a bit.

Sent Voopoo an email to see whats up and i also mentioned it in my review,that is a big con for me to be honest...

VU Sponsors