Become a Patron!

Voopoo Drag X and Drag S Review by Anise

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
  1. dns2-jpg.887841
    I'd like to thank Voopoo_Thea and Voopoo for sending me the Drag X and S for review. Voopoo may have sent the pods/pod mods but the review is mine.
    resized_20200505_230346-jpg.887839

Technically these vapes are pods but if so they're blurring the line between pod and vape. They have a smaller size than most mods but larger and more powerful than most pods. I'm not sure which category they fit into but maybe some of y'all can help figure it out.

The pods turn on by clicking the fire button 5 times. You turn it off the same way - 5 clicks. 3 clicks takes you to a sub menu to set the time and the mode the pod is in. I started with the .4 ohm coil in the Drag S and .3 in the Drag X. The first thing I noticed is that the Drag X produced massive clouds! Testing the Drag S I found it also produced large clouds only slightly smaller than the Drag X.

Let's take a look at the podmods themselves. They both have a knob to adjust the airflow. I really like an adjustable airflow. It makes a difference in cloud production and a warmer or cooler vape. I vape with the airflow half open and produce large clouds with a cooler air temperature. Just the way I like to vape and is so hard to find in a pod.
    xns7-jpg.887837

When you open the box you'll find the podmod, a pod, 2 coils, .3 and .4ohms, a usb cable, instructions and warranty card. The Drag S has 2500mAh built-in battery and the Drag X uses a single 18650 battery (not included).
    20200529_022035-jpg.887851

DRAG X's key features 1. New Generation GENE.TT Chip 2. Infinitly variable airflow with a sliding knob it adjusts airflow through slots in the side. 3. Original Score Ranking Mode which ranks your clouds based on the strength of your inhale. 4. Strong magnets to keep the pod on easily. 5. Compatible with all PnP coils 6. 80W max output with single 18650 battery.

The Drag X utilizes an external 18650 battery and the Drag S utilizes an internal battery. Drag X adds a score ranking mode. According to the cloud size of each suction, you can continuously unlock the new level from " IRON" to "king". The score mode can only be activated after age verification and software upgrade on our official website after release. I can't get past Iron lol.
    20200529_022110-jpg.887859

The Voopoo Drag S is almost the same with some notable exceptions.
    The Drag S can power up from 1watt to 60 watts in a 0.001. When using the Drag you can select p/p+a/ RBA by pressing the fire button 3 times. The major differences are that the Drag X doesn't have the choice of draw activated.

They both have sleep options. After 30 seconds of nonuse it goes into a light sleep mode. After 30 minutes it goes into a sleep mode.

20200529_002431-jpg.887855

They're both great additions to the Drag family. I prefer the Drag X mainly because you can remove the battery. I don't like charging by usb. That being said the Drag S is still a great vape! I would recommend either to anyone who asks.

Drag X
    Protections:
    Capacity 4.5
    Material PCTG
    Resistance 1.5 and pnp .3
    Over charge protections
    Over discharge protection
    Max Power protection
    Over temperature protection
    Battery reverse protection
    Output over-current protection
    short circuit protection
    Overtime protection

Parameters:

Capacity 4.5
    Material leather and alloy
    Resistance 1.5 and pnp .6
    Output voltage 3.2 to 4.2
    Output power 5 - 8
    Resistance. .1 to 3.0
    Battery capacity. Single 18650 (not included)

Attachments

• snx22.jpg
    snx22.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

VU Sponsors