Become a Patron!

Voopoo Vinci 3

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

The problem that I usually have with pod mods, is that once they get big enough to be useful, I end up thinking “I’d rather just buy a mod and a sub-ohm tank”.

The Voopoo Vinci 3 tries to combine the performance and coil compatibility of a pod mod, with the convenience of a pod system.

DSC02406.jpg

Product overview

The Vinci 3 is a 50w, 1800mAh, 4ml autodraw+fire button pod system with adjustable airflow, adjustable wattage and is compatible with Voopoo’s PnP range of coils.

What do you get?
  • Vinci 3 device with PnP TW30 0.3ohm coil fitted
  • PnP DW60 0.6ohm coil
  • Type-C cable
  • Manual
DSC02408.jpg

First impressions

Compared to the dainty little MTL pod systems I’ve been reviewing recently, the Vinci 3 is chunky thing – it’s not overly tall but it has more girth and weight to it than I was expecting.

It’s quite a busy design, mainly because it’s trying to do a lot of things. There’s a window for the juice level, the front panel has the fire button and airflow control, the rear has airflow control, one side has airflow slots and the LCD screen, the other side has more airflow slots and the USB port.

Finally, there’s one small detail that I like a lot – the base of the device is rubber. This will make the mod slightly more grippy/stable and more importantly for me, it won’t get scratched up like the majority of my mods.

DSC02413.jpg

Pod

Unlike a lot of pod system that leave some of the pod exposed so you can see the juice level, the Vinci’s 4ml pod drops into the body of the device, but there are clear windows on the front and back which allow you to see the juice level.

The pod has a conventional top-fill system, crack the mouthpiece off to reveal a fill-port and a pressure release hole.

The PnP coils push in from the bottom of the pod and the entire pod is magnetically secured in the device.

DSC02392.jpg

Functions

Three clicks allow you to enter the power adjustment mode, and five clicks enters settings. From settings you can lock the fire button (but not autodraw), reset the puff counter and turn the device off.

While the Vinci 3 is a 50w device, it will restrict the power based on the coil you are using.

The LCD screen shows battery level (as a bar + percentage), wattage, puff count and resistance.

How does it perform?

Recent PnP coils are really nice, and they are no exception in the Vinci 3. They don’t produce huge clouds of vapor, but the flavor is really good and overall they are very satisfying.

DSC02413.jpg

Airflow

The Vinci 3 has a huge range of airflow adjustability – more than a lot of tanks that I own. It goes from a nicely open DL draw to a supertight MTL draw, it’s very impressive for a pod.

However, even though it’s very capable of an MTL draw and there are MTL PnP coils available, the bore of the mouthpiece is too wide for MTL – this just be down to my personal preference, but I found the combination of airflow and mouthpiece bore suitable for DL and restricted DL.

Coil compatibility

While the Vinci 3 claims physical compatibility with the entire range of PnP coils, that isn’t really practical for two reasons;

Firstly, it’s maximum output is 50w – there are some PnP coils that recommend a minimum of 60w. Secondly, you’re not going to get anywhere near a full day of vaping from a 1800mAh battery if you’re pushing it to 50w.

Just be aware of the battery size and maximum power when choosing your coils.

DSC02396.jpg

Battery

Is 1800mAh hour enough? Yes and no. If you’re sticking to the provided coils, then yes it probably will be enough. If you want to use something like the 0.2ohm TW20 that requires 40w-55w, then possibly not.

While the charging times are quite respectable, the device does not support pass-through charging.

Conclusion

If you use the Vinci 3 within its limits, then it’s an excellent device – the overall design and attention to detail are great, and the PnP coils perform well.

Disclaimer

The Vinci 3 was provided for the purposes of this review by Voopoo

DSC02401.jpg

VU Sponsors