Become a Patron!

VooPoo VMate Max - Review By Ben28

VooPoo VMate Max
intro.JPG
VooPoo VMate Max is the name given to the improved version of VMate that I received and reviewed months ago. In this case it brings a new, more visible and larger screen and some new improved pods. Otherwise, the electronics are practically the same as the previous version. Although it is true that the design has changed somewhat and looks even prettier now. Let's give way to the review and a somewhat deeper and more detailed analysis.

Before we start, thanks to Freya and the VooPoo team for making this review possible. You can visit their website and learn more about the VMate Max.

1 (1).jpg

Features;
  • 1. 90 mL lifespan cartridge with hidden screen
  • 2. New 3X upgrade top fill cartridge
  • 3. Max 30W power output
  • 4. Built-in 1200mAh battery
  • 5. Hidden horizon screen
  • 6. New 0.4Ω offers exciting RDL vaping
  • 7. Stepless airflow adjustment
  • 8. Gem-like fancy design
  • 9. icosm code, leakproof
Brand
Product Name
VMate Max Kit
Size
103*29*18.7mm
Material
Zinc Alloy
Power Range
5-30W
Battery
1200mAh (built-in)
Output Voltage
3.2V-4.2V
Charging Voltage
5V/2A
Resistance Range
0.4-3.0Ω
Pod Capacity
3ml
Filling Type
Top filling
Cartridge Included
Vmate Top Fill Cartridge 0.4Ω, Vmate Top Fill Cartridge 0.7Ω
Compatible
All the Vmate Cartridge
Package Size
123.8*63.8*44.5mm (1pc)
Color
Onyx Black, Dove Gray, Glacier Silver, Fancy Purple, Shiny Green, Neon Blue, Ruby Red

Packaging
ReLens_IMG_20240708141421.JPEG
This new device comes included in a rectangular box where the product is clearly presented to us in an image and in addition, it has individual packaging so it will change depending on the color we have chosen. At the top left we see some branding that presents us with the brand and model of the device. It should be noted that we are also told that it included some improved ``3X'' pods both in flavor, duration and leakproofing. For the rest, the only thing we can also admire is the decoration created with a kind of bluish waves. I think the choice of colors is not the best but I don't dislike it at all.

ReLens_IMG_20240708141431.JPEG

On the back of the box we are briefly and schematically informed of the contents of the box, in addition to some contact addresses, some warnings, several logos and a large sample sticker. This means that the packaging could differ slightly from what is finally launched on the market and you can buy. On the other hand, the wave decoration does not continue on this back part of the box, simply on the front and sides.

In the box
1*VMate Max Device
1* VMate Top Fill Cartridge 0.4Ω
1* VMate Top Fill Cartridge 0.7Ω
1* Type-C Cable
1*User Manual

I will always mention the fact that brands include more than one cartidge of different Ω so that the customer has more than one experience and knows which one to choose.

ReLens_IMG_20240708141511.JPEG

Once we open the box we find another, somewhat smaller one, which will include the spare cartridge, the Type-C cable, an information card and the user manual.

Behind this small box we can easily access the VMate Max, in which one of the two cartridges is already inserted, in this case the 0.7Ω one.

I quite like the presentation, but I really appreciate the pad instead of the cardboard, I feel that it gives a touch of style and ``luxury'' that gives a better appearance than the cardboard itself (this is simply an observation).

Device Inspection
ReLens_IMG_20240708141527.JPEG
What draws the most attention on the front is clearly the center of the device. This decoration that they call ``Hidden Horizon'', makes the device look very elegant and incredible. The fact that they call it ``Hidden'' has a purpose and that is that, although it is not noticeable at first glance, this central area is where the LEDs and the screen are located, something similar to what Vaporesso did with the Xros Pro. I am very passionate about this style of hidden screen.

In the front area is where we find and insert the cartridge, very well secured by the way, although we will talk about this later. In the central area already mentioned, we can witness some branding as well.

Finally, it is worth highlighting the materials that have been used in the construction of this VMate Max. For the most part, Zinc Alloy has been the material used, which gives stability and rigidity to the body. In fact, I add that I have dropped it several times because I was clumsy and, so far, I have not seen any scratches.

ReLens_IMG_20240708141553.JPEG

I really like this screen, although I do feel that it lacks some brightness, but I think that is what these hidden screens suffer from. Even so, it is perfectly visible without having to leave our eyes on it.

On the screen, depending on the mode we can distinguish between wattage or vaping modes (ECO, NOR or SPT). Additional information falls on;

- Battery percentage, both in image form and in percentage form.
- Ω counter
- 4-digit puff counter, it will count up to a maximum of 9999 puffs.

I have little more to say about the screen, but I do add the fact of the LEDs. I love these LEDs for one thing and that is that they can be turned off. There are times when we don't feel like being very flashy or simply being discreet and I think this is a very good option. On the other hand, add that they only have the function of decoration using colors (256-color RGB).

ReLens_IMG_20240708141534.JPEG

On one of the sides we find the button, which in this case is not used to activate the device, it simply works through autodraw. It will be used to configure certain functions and switch between modes.

Let's discuss the functions of the button. To turn on the device, simply press it 5 times consecutively, at which point the screen and LEDs will light up.

- 2 Clicks, the LEDs will turn on or off
- 3 Clicks, it will change the vaping mode between ECO, NOR and SPT, which we will discuss later. On the other hand, if POWER Mode is activated, it will allow us to change the wattage in 1W increments, up to a maximum of 30W and then it will reset to 5W.
- 5 Clicks will allow us to access to turn off the device, restart the puff counter, activate the power mode or simply exit the menu.

In the different modes we can see significant changes. The ECO mode will use a wattage unknown to us, which will be the lowest recommended for the coil, thus saving the battery as much as possible. The NOR mode will set the wattage to that recommended for the coil, this being the most optimal option. Finally, the SPT mode will go to the end of the coil, providing the greatest flavor and vapor but harming battery life.

ReLens_IMG_20240708141544.JPEG

At the back, in addition to some branding and mention of the chip, Gene AI, we find the air intake. At the top of the device we find the air regulation. I must say that it works wonderfully and filters very well but closed to the maximum it seems that it needs one more point to complete it at all. It's not bad at all, but I feel that for MTL vapers, it might not fit at all. When it is open we see two large holes, one larger than the other. When closed, there is only a small circular hole through which the air will pass.

ReLens_IMG_20240708141617.JPEG

The Pod-Battery connection is carried out using magnets. These, in this case, are very strong and allow no movement of the pod, so we make sure that it is well connected and that it will not come off. On the other hand, we highlight that they are improved three times compared to the previous one, both in flavor, duration and leakproofing. I simply add that VooPoo are being very precise with their pods and I think that lately they are one of the best on the market.

ReLens_IMG_20240708141641.JPEG

Finally, the charging port is located in the lower area of the device, which is also covered with rubber so that it is not slippery on surfaces and thus leaves it without problem. It charges at 5V/2A so we don't have to wait forever for it to be fully charged.

Vaping Time
In this section I will dedicate myself to giving my conclusions about the operation of the device, as well as the battery, pods and functions, among several other things.

As for pods, two are included in the packaging, one of 0.7Ω and another of 0.4Ω

0.7Ω pod; This pod is designed for more restricted vaping, without reaching the MTL at all, but staying at a fairly pleasant RDL. As with all VooPoo pods lately, the flavor it provides is spectacular. In this case, it doesn't match perfectly with my vaping preferences, as I prefer something with greater airflow and greater power, but it's not far behind at all.

0.4Ω pod; This pod has pleasantly surprised me, it is intended to be used with the air regulation completely open and the flavor it provides is worth mentioning. It would definitely be my usual pod if I bought the device.

For the rest there is little that can be said, it is a device designed with very good materials, that is clear after the bumps and falls it has had during its time of use. On the other hand, the battery is very durable and lasts me at least a day if not more. I think this VMate Max is very good, definitely.

Pros And Cons
Pros
Cons
Shock Resistant
Screen Lack Of Brightness
Well Designed
Lack Of Button Operation
Pods Offer Nice Flavor
Fast Charging
Versatile

Conclusion

Overall, I can't say anything very bad about this VMate Max, it is definitely the slightly improved version of the VMate Pro, with a better screen and a more attractive design. Even so, I emphasize that this screen needs a good boost in brightness. That doesn't mean that the pods aren't some of the best and the flavor they provide is great.

VU Sponsors